Top AAU teams in Tennessee

Made this post on unapproved website, but I'm interested to see who everyone thinks are the best teams in TN this year...

I will do Statewide rankings this year to hopefully create more interest and debate... Summer ball is such a major part of each kid's development and recruitment these days, and there are so many quality teams accross the state, I would like to see more discussion going on about such...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not fair for you to rank them when you run a program/coach a team. Your opinion will not be objective.

Also, many of the top programs will not be competing in the same tournaments, so there will not be a lot of head-to-head competition or even the sharing of common opponents. Going 2-2 at Boo Williams or Kingwood is not the same as going 2-2 in a local or even regional tournament.

Not fair for you to rank them when you run a program/coach a team. Your opinion will not be objective.

Also, many of the top programs will not be competing in the same tournaments, so there will not be a lot of head-to-head competition or even the sharing of common opponents. Going 2-2 at Boo Williams or Kingwood is not the same as going 2-2 in a local or even regional tournament.

I think that it can be done. I know they would be very fair in the rankings and maybe each coach can send in there rankings and not be able to vote for there team. I think it really would be nice to see and talk about.

I think that it can be done. I know they would be very fair in the rankings and maybe each coach can send in there rankings and not be able to vote for there team. I think it really would be nice to see and talk about.

I think coaches can be objective in the rankings, especially since they dont exactly mean much except for debate. That beind said I'll somewhat rank the 17s and 16s here despite being an organizer of the Nashville Celtics organization.

After a month I think they should be ranked again. Say starting May 1.

17s: Honestly, I think its a toss up at this point for spots 1-3 between Travelers, Nashville Celtics and Ballerz Elite. I think this will be one of the few years the best overall team wont come from Memphis. A lot of uncertainty as to who are on the Memphis Teams' rosters. M33Ballers have a good mix of 16s and 17s and I dont know who the Memphis Celtics have except I believe Culpepper.

16s: Ballerz Elite, YOMCA, Nashville Celtics, Memphis Warriors (if they still exist), Thunder, Travelers, Stallions

I dont know what to expect from the YOMCA, great guard play, not much size. Jeremy Robinson is listed on the Team Indiana/IN Elite Roster so much depends on him.

I think it's a great idea to have a panel of coaches send in their rankings as a poll...

Another option is to have someone impartial, like Andre at unapproved website do the rankings with input from coaches...

Obivously different tourneys mean different things, and it also helps to see more head to head matchups that we lacked last year (only Pump n Run and the Ballerz, Angels and the Ballerz, YOMCA and the Ballerz, were the only top ranked teams that played. Stars, Travelers did not play any of the top teams from the state, and none of the memphis teams played eachother...)

In 17's, there are some very strong Memphis teams, though none dominant like past years:

M33M will be very very good with a mix of 16u and 17 players

YOMCA is always strong and has the best player in the state

Pump n Run has reloaded with a very very dangerous roster, and also list Culpepper

Memphis Warriors will be a major surprise and are as talented as any team

Celtics has Culpepper (maybe) and some surprises

It will be fun to see it all play out... Look for rankings very soon

I think it's a great idea to have a panel of coaches send in their rankings as a poll...

Another option is to have someone impartial, like Andre at unapproved website do the rankings with input from coaches...

Obivously different tourneys mean different things, and it also helps to see more head to head matchups that we lacked last year (only Pump n Run and the Ballerz, Angels and the Ballerz, YOMCA and the Ballerz, were the only top ranked teams that played. Stars, Travelers did not play any of the top teams from the state, and none of the memphis teams played eachother...)

In 17's, there are some very strong Memphis teams, though none dominant like past years:

M33M will be very very good with a mix of 16u and 17 players

YOMCA is always strong and has the best player in the state

Pump n Run has reloaded with a very very dangerous roster, and also list Culpepper

Memphis Warriors will be a major surprise and are as talented as any team

Celtics has Culpepper (maybe) and some surprises

It will be fun to see it all play out... Look for rankings very soon

How do you think Giltner from the 16's is going to do on the midstate ballerz. And Scott Newton from the 16's thunder. Just give honest opinions everybody who knows something about these two.

Gomab is very fair and knowledgeable.

• 3 weeks later...