R.A. Dickey...

cut it out

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The knuckler must not have been dancing much!! Historically, knuckle ball pitchers have a rough time at the beginning of the season, due to cold weather, the ball "moves" much better in warmer weather.

the Tigers lit him up for sure but if cold weather has anything to do with what happened yesterday, How cold is it in Texas this time of year??? It sure looked like a nice day on the highlights.. Looked like a few innings of b.p. to me..but do give the Tigers credit they have really improved the past couple of seasons offensively..

Why in the heck is he throwing a Knuckleball?????? Wasnt he a pwr pitcher in college??

He was. But as you push past 30, you start to loose that umph with your fastball. He was sent down to AAA last year and saw an opportunity to hang around for a very long time ... as long as he can tame that knuckler. If he can, he migh pitch until he is 45.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Guest Tigerette Pride

Don't know what their exact plans are for him. But, I think if he mixed up a 92mph fastball with the knuckler it could be dangerous. But, definitely more knuckles that fastballs.

Don't know what their exact plans are for him. But, I think if he mixed up a 92mph fastball with the knuckler it could be dangerous. But, definitely more knuckles that fastballs.

That's the issue I think. He doesn't hit 92 any more. He is their 4th starter ... just got to get to the heat of the summer so the knuckler will dance.