CAK@ Science Hill

Chizaggi

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie Yah is the man. What an amazing freekick! I also must say that I was impressed with number8's skills. I would have liked it better if he had shaken hands with us after the game, but maybe that's not his style. He is a good player. I think Science Hill will do well.

It is a looooong bus ride, though! They had a GREAT field, and it was a beautiful night. Just wish we had put 2 more away, but sometimes that's not how the ball bounces. Good luck Science Hill. Eddie, keep scoring! You are a fun player to watch.

This was a fantastic game by both teams. Eddie Yah had an amazing free-kick. Then later on in the match #4(unsure of his name) for CAK had a beautiful strike from the top of the box to the left upper 90. Both teams had a good amount of chances and played a great match. Good luck to both teams through the rest of your season.

Guest Number8

Eddie Yah is the man. What an amazing freekick! I also must say that I was impressed with number8's skills. I would have liked it better if he had shaken hands with us after the game, but maybe that's not his style. He is a good player. I think Science Hill will do well.

It is a looooong bus ride, though! They had a GREAT field, and it was a beautiful night. Just wish we had put 2 more away, but sometimes that's not how the ball bounces. Good luck Science Hill. Eddie, keep scoring! You are a fun player to watch.

First of all..... i really like to apolagise to the whole CAK team for my behavior. Sometimes i get so frustrated after a game that i forget, what is the right thing to do. I don't think i deserve ANY type of complimant for this match. I believe Coach doesn't want me to dribble AT ALL, but i saw a lot of dribbling s on ur team, which i think doesn't bother u. U have a great team, with a lot of talents, i know a loss i depressing, but the loong ride kills a lot of players. Good luck with the rest of ur season.

Edited by Number8

I was impressed by both teams tonight, Yah played a great game up top for science hill, who played equally as physical if not a little more than CAK but this game could have gone either way, NUmber 8 you impressed me tonight with your work in the midfield i could understand the difference in the style we play over here, you have a good touch and i think u see the field very well, any team would gladly have you on their roster, congrats to science hill on your win, good luck to both

o ya use ur head next time number8

Guest Number8

I was impressed by both teams tonight, Yah played a great game up top for science hill, who played equally as physical if not a little more than CAK but this game could have gone either way, NUmber 8 you impressed me tonight with your work in the midfield i could understand the difference in the style we play over here, you have a good touch and i think u see the field very well, any team would gladly have you on their roster, congrats to science hill on your win, good luck to both

o ya use ur head next time number8

Thanks A lot for ur complimant, Eventhou i reallly don't think i deserve any of it. I played no where as good as should play. My whole life i played central with controlling the ball and looking for the right man, here it is like, get the ball and stright to the flag. In my opinion a central player should have great eyes, and be able to hold the ball against any other player. But i respect coaches decision on everything and i think maybe left mid is where i blong.

Oh about the head thing, i tryed but the ball was a lil far away, and if i would have dived, my head would have met the post as. no excuse i should have made it either way.

Edited by Number8

BigG, Thanks for all the compliments to our team. you guys are always a great team to play against. Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks A lot for ur complimant, Eventhou i reallly don't think i deserve any of it. I played no where as good as should play. My whole life i played central with controlling the ball and looking for the right man, here it is like, get the ball and stright to the flag. In my opinion a central player should have great eyes, and be able to hold the ball against any other player. But i respect coaches decision on everything and i think maybe left mid is where i blong.

Hey Number8. I got to watch you play against Catholic early in the season and I've read alot of your posts. I hope you won't be offended by my comments because I think you have some talent and I can tell you care about your sport very much.

Given what you've said, it's pretty clear you grew up with soccer and have played with other both technically and tactically good players. It is very difficult to find full sides of high school players who all possess high technical and sophisticated tactical abilities. The teams that do (Christian Brothers for an example) stand apart from all of the others. High school rosters are usually composed of wide variances in ability and understanding. I think Science Hill has that kind of widely varying roster. It is a very good team, but like almost every other team, not every player is on the same page. That's how most high school teams in Tennessee are. Club soccer provides much more in the way of even, high-level talent and training opportunities.

I know your coach. He comes from a great background. He is very good and he has been very successful. He is discouraging your holding the ball because he is trying to develop success for a team with many varying skill levels and without the many months of playing together that a club team would benifit from. The more you possess and dribble, the less predictable you become to both teams, including your own. Many of your teammates may not have a clue what you are doing or why. The use of pattern runs, quick passes and simple offensive stategies greatly increases an ordinary high school team's chances of offensive success. It is understandable and executable by everyone, if they listen to the coach. The longer you hold the ball and are unable to find other creative outlets and runs, the more likely you will be easily neutralized by the defense. The more you hold without options, the more you are surrounded and dispossessed of the ball and the more the coach "comments" on getting rid of the ball----all of which makes you more frustrated.

I don't think your coach is trying to hold you back. He's trying to get you to help maximize your high school team's overall chance for success. Your desire to win is admirable but you are getting way too frustrated if you are forgeting the importance of shaking hands with a class group like CAK because you're so annoyed. Relax and give the suggested style a chance. You may not enjoy high school soccer as much as what you are used to, but I bet it will work for the team and you will enjoy the reward of helping your team and getting coach off your back about passing. Good luck to Science Hill for the rest of the season. :huh:

Guest Number8

thanks coach, i respect ur comments and i ll keep it in the back of my head. U.S. soccer and coaching is different than any foreing country. But I think i need to stop writing on coachT too much, cause I m being watched. I should have never introduced myself cause it is working against me in every aspect.

Catholic is a GREAT team, and i was still hoping for a re-match cause i know we can do better this time, but catholic is a well respected team. Thank you for taking ur time and giving me an advise.

I wish Catholic all the luck in the world, eventhou catholic is not the team who need the luck.

Edited by Number8

Hey Number8. I got to watch you play against Catholic early in the season and I've read alot of your posts. I hope you won't be offended by my comments because I think you have some talent and I can tell you care about your sport very much.

Given what you've said, it's pretty clear you grew up with soccer and have played with other both technically and tactically good players. It is very difficult to find full sides of high school players who all possess high technical and sophisticated tactical abilities. The teams that do (Christian Brothers for an example) stand apart from all of the others. High school rosters are usually composed of wide variances in ability and understanding. I think Science Hill has that kind of widely varying roster. It is a very good team, but like almost every other team, not every player is on the same page. That's how most high school teams in Tennessee are. Club soccer provides much more in the way of even, high-level talent and training opportunities.

I know your coach. He comes from a great background. He is very good and he has been very successful. He is discouraging your holding the ball because he is trying to develop success for a team with many varying skill levels and without the many months of playing together that a club team would benifit from. The more you possess and dribble, the less predictable you become to both teams, including your own. Many of your teammates may not have a clue what you are doing or why. The use of pattern runs, quick passes and simple offensive stategies greatly increases an ordinary high school team's chances of offensive success. It is understandable and executable by everyone, if they listen to the coach. The longer you hold the ball and are unable to find other creative outlets and runs, the more likely you will be easily neutralized by the defense. The more you hold without options, the more you are surrounded and dispossessed of the ball and the more the coach "comments" on getting rid of the ball----all of which makes you more frustrated.

I don't think your coach is trying to hold you back. He's trying to get you to help maximize your high school team's overall chance for success. Your desire to win is admirable but you are getting way too frustrated if you are forgeting the importance of shaking hands with a class group like CAK because you're so annoyed. Relax and give the suggested style a chance. You may not enjoy high school soccer as much as what you are used to, but I bet it will work for the team and you will enjoy the reward of helping your team and getting coach off your back about passing. Good luck to Science Hill for the rest of the season. :thumb: