baylor tennis or Mccallie tennis?

soccer10

okay shims....You wanna go play on red clay for 7 months and then answer that? Several years compared to 7 months? He wouldn't have issues if he hasn't adjusted...Pro players have months to transition from clay to hard but the spaniards and south americans don't do it very well do they?

All of the South Americans do badly on hard and grass. The only one that is semi-decent on those surfaces is Lopez.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know that the zim kid only came in January and he as only played one tournment in tennessee. he has the same problem our Julian has, that he isnt american and cannot play any good USTA tournaments. Have any of you guys seen him play? to me he deffinitely looks like he has played alot on clay but im not a tennis expert.

Guest Cutters Crazies

All of the South Americans do badly on hard and grass. The only one that is semi-decent on those surfaces is Lopez.

not to be arguementative or nit picky BUT....shame on you capn....must not have done your research because David Nalbandian has made Australian Open quarters 3 times, Wimbledon semi and quarter finalist US Open semi finalist and Master Series finals champion all on hard or grass....sounds like can do okay :thumb:

I don't doubt that he used to playe a lot on clay, but if you can't adjust to hardcourts in 7 months of playing on nothing but hardcourts then you have issues. As for the top 300 juniors in the world, I don't buy that... He is even top 20 players in all of Tennessee. Also, the second and third times that he played Julian were not close matches. The first one was very close... I think 7-6 in the third but the others weren't. He is good, but not that good.

I can tell you right now that I've played on red clay before...and it is even slower and more difficult to play on than the greenish grayish clay we play on here. It would take SEVERAL years of play on red clay to get fully used to. Making a jump from hard courts to clay is very difficult but making a jump from red clay for years to hard courts in months would be near impossible

not to be arguementative or nit picky BUT....shame on you capn....must not have done your research because David Nalbandian has made Australian Open quarters 3 times, Wimbledon semi and quarter finalist US Open semi finalist and Master Series finals champion all on hard or grass....sounds like can do okay :)

Forgot about him, thx for the info though.