McCallie 1, Baylor 0

tennfitz

Great goal by Jamey Stone with about 10-12 minutes left for the win by my alma mater.

It was a great game but even as the newspaper said this game had the best two teams in the area playing...but it did not clear up who was the best team. Baylor outplayed McCallie...but could not finish. First half was totally dominated by Baylor. But the score is all that matters and McCallie took this won. Baylor should get a rematch in the playoffs....Baylor will come out of top then.

It was a great game but even as the newspaper said this game had the best two teams in the area playing...but it did not clear up who was the best team. Baylor outplayed McCallie...but could not finish. First half was totally dominated by Baylor. But the score is all that matters and McCallie took this won. Baylor should get a rematch in the playoffs....Baylor will come out of top then.

Question. How many teams are in D2 East region? Do the top two or three in tourney win bids to state??? Thanks in advance for info.

It's McCallie, Webb, and Baylor. Notre Dame and Knox Catholic left. Both teams that make it to the region final will advance to the state tournament. THe #1 seed will play Kings Academy (who comes up for the region tourny every year) and the #2 and #3 seeds will play in the other region semi-final.

It's McCallie, Webb, and Baylor. Notre Dame and Knox Catholic left. Both teams that make it to the region final will advance to the state tournament. THe #1 seed will play Kings Academy (who comes up for the region tourny every year) and the #2 and #3 seeds will play in the other region semi-final.

For all intents and purposes, then, the #1 DII East seed is going to states on the basis of the regular season. To my recollection, Kings Academy has never won any DII East match and they stopped scheduling the other DII East teams during the regular season around 1998. I have always felt that unless KA wanted to compete all season long, the regional tournament match with them shouldn't be required. It was nothing more than a chance to get a player hurt immediately before states. By that, I do not mean Kings was dirty or anything like that. Their players were consistently good sports. I just see that match as an unnecessary expense and risk. Pounding a weak team (or worse yet, trying not to) at that point in the season does little to get a team ready for the consistently good teams from the Middle and West.

For all intents and purposes, then, the #1 DII East seed is going to states on the basis of the regular season. To my recollection, Kings Academy has never won any DII East match and they stopped scheduling the other DII East teams during the regular season around 1998. I have always felt that unless KA wanted to compete all season long, the regional tournament match with them shouldn't be required. It was nothing more than a chance to get a player hurt immediately before states. By that, I do not mean Kings was dirty or anything like that. Their players were consistently good sports. I just see that match as an unnecessary expense and risk. Pounding a weak team (or worse yet, trying not to) at that point in the season does little to get a team ready for the consistently good teams from the Middle and West.

KA has always been a mystery to me, probably because they didn't show up for two scheduled regular season games.