Talented teams with poor coaching

MakoShark

Any thoughts? Sometimes it is better to not know better. If you know what I mean?:D

It never ceases to amaze me. I wonder why the talent pool for coaches is limited to teachers? It certainly eliminates some of the best potential coaches and robs the kids of a chance to develop to their potential. The Athletic Director's need to start looking outside of their very limited faculty. Not to say you cannot be a teacher and a good coach. There are probably as many good examples as there are bad ones. It's just that the bad ones stick out like sore thumbs especially when the talent is there! I sometimes find myself feeling embarassed for these guys, but I am sure they don't realize anything is wrong.

It's time that a major change occur in high school sports. There just does not seem to be the right accountability. Something is seriously wrong ....or am I the only one that sees it?????????? And I am not just talking baseball........................................

Any thoughts? Sometimes it is better to not know better. If you know what I mean?:ph34r:

It never ceases to amaze me. I wonder why the talent pool for coaches is limited to teachers? It certainly eliminates some of the best potential coaches and robs the kids of a chance to develop to their potential. The Athletic Director's need to start looking outside of their very limited faculty. Not to say you cannot be a teacher and a good coach. There are probably as many good examples as there are bad ones. It's just that the bad ones stick out like sore thumbs especially when the talent is there! I sometimes find myself feeling embarassed for these guys, but I am sure they don't realize anything is wrong.

It's time that a major change occur in high school sports. There just does not seem to be the right accountability. Something is seriously wrong ....or am I the only one that sees it?????????? And I am not just talking baseball........................................

Why is this such a big issue with you?? This sports issue should be the last thing on you're mind...... Are you this concerned about class room projects this much?? Is you're kid doing good in his studies?? These are all ?? that should be ask......Or should a good ride be given to the better ones in sports?? Give me an honest answer, or can UUU..... Sounds like an issue to me......Is math hard for someone??

Any thoughts? Sometimes it is better to not know better. If you know what I mean?:ph34r:

the reason why baseball coaches are teachers is because teaching is what they get paid to do they dont make too much more for coaching these guys are teachers first and then coaches sometimes a school can not find a teacher that can coach baseball so until they do they find someone who is willing to help but most of your high schools have baseball coaches in position that are also teachers

the reason why baseball coaches are teachers is because teaching is what they get paid to do they dont make too much more for coaching these guys are teachers first and then coaches sometimes a school can not find a teacher that can coach baseball so until they do they find someone who is willing to help but most of your high schools have baseball coaches in position that are also teachers

That may be why there are so many bad ones....the "pool is too small"

My advice open it up to non teachers and improve the quality and the training of the kids. And I am sure most non teachers could care less about the pay! :thumb:

That may be why there are so many bad ones....the "pool is too small"

My advice open it up to non teachers and improve the quality and the training of the kids. And I am sure most non teachers could care less about the pay! :thumb:

After much thought I think it is better not to judge someone else unless I want the same :lol:

Edited by MaxusHRKing