Weight Training for Soccer

Sweep Left

I have a question about soccer and weighttraining. Do most teams have some sort of inseason weight-training regimen or do they totally stop lifting during season?

The coach at Oakland is wanting some of his soccer players that weight train for their other sport, football, to stop lifting with their lower body.

I'm curious as to what some of the good programs do? Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i am on the Ravenwood team and the coach gave us some supplements this summer to get bigger

Looking at all your posts Adidas1, you are not on Ravenwood. And anyway, I know every RHS players coacht name. What ur posting is false and hopefully coacht can find out who u r and ban u from the board.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a player and have been playing varsity for four yrs now. What I've found is that its important to work out a little during season to keep what strenght you have gained in the offseason, otherwise your going to lose strenght and body weight from running so much. I don't do a lot of lower body because my legs are always so sore but upper body improves your game more than you would imagine.

I hear that #4 on Madison takes STEROIDS. Is this true?

is this some kind of joke? steroids for soccer? give me a break.........hahahaha every one of our players on madison plays the game fair, on and off the field...... #4 is definitely NOT on steroids because they have already had this talk with him, the only thing he is on is some sort of hydroxycut thingy that has helped him lose the weight he gained over the summer and works out with it everyday....... ozzie, why do you always try to start stuff? really man, you need to grow up!

Edited by Wilzy43