Overrated/underrated

shims4

Who's the most overrated team in the entire state? Siegel certainly made a good arguement with their showing at MTSU getting beat 4-0 by Bearden. Who's the most underrated? Bearden? webb? Webb beat Bearden without 2 of their top 3 and 3 out of their top 6 and has a huge showdown with Baylor on Tuesday.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's the most overrated team in the entire state? Siegel certainly made a good arguement with their showing at MTSU getting beat 4-0 by Bearden. Who's the most underrated? Bearden? webb? Webb beat Bearden without 2 of their top 3 and 3 out of their top 6 and has a huge showdown with Baylor on Tuesday.

There are no "ratings"

How can a team with all it's returning players from a State semifinals showing be overrated? Siegel was without a player against bearden as well

Webb will be humbled after playing Baylor

Guest Cutters Crazies

Don't really know where you get this 4-0 stuff from but it was 4-2 with Siegel missing a player and leading in the other match that was still going on.

Don't really know where you get this 4-0 stuff from but it was 4-2 with Siegel missing a player and leading in the other match that was still going on.

It was 4-0 buddy. I'm not even from Bearden, but I was there and Bearden won the doubles point, then won 1, 2, and 4 singles and then it was called because it was already over. So it was 4-0, just give it up, Siegal WILL NOT beat Bearden. It doesn't matter if you were missing one player because Bearden is just too strong 1-4 singles and 1 and 2 doubles to be beaten by you guys. You all needed a reality check and finally someone shut you all up... AKA Bearden. Also, the "Wishing Fan Club" needed a reality check and someone finally gave them one... AKA Malts. Siegal is a level below Bearden. Siegal is the most overrated team in the state and it showed this weekend. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is reality. If they played again...This is my Prediction

Singles

1. Malts over Wishing.... again

2. Taylor kills Hale... again

3. Acker or Rahnema over Siegal 3... in a tight match

4. Acker or Rahnema kills Siegal 4... again

5 and 6 doesnt matter

Doubles

1. Malts/Taylor kills Hale/Siegal 3... again

2. Acker/Rahema kills Wishing/ Siegal 4... again

3. doesn't matter

Final:

Bearden 6-3

It was 4-0 buddy. I'm not even from Bearden, but I was there and Bearden won the doubles point, then won 1, 2, and 4 singles and then it was called because it was already over. So it was 4-0, just give it up, Siegal WILL NOT beat Bearden. It doesn't matter if you were missing one player because Bearden is just too strong 1-4 singles and 1 and 2 doubles to be beaten by you guys. You all needed a reality check and finally someone shut you all up... AKA Bearden. Also, the "Wishing Fan Club" needed a reality check and someone finally gave them one... AKA Malts. Siegal is a level below Bearden. Siegal is the most overrated team in the state and it showed this weekend. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is reality. If they played again...This is my Prediction

Singles

1. Malts over Wishing.... again

2. Taylor kills Hale... again

3. Acker or Rahnema over Siegal 3... in a tight match

4. Acker or Rahnema kills Siegal 4... again

5 and 6 doesnt matter

Doubles

1. Malts/Taylor kills Hale/Siegal 3... again

2. Acker/Rahema kills Wishing/ Siegal 4... again

3. doesn't matter

Final:

Bearden 6-3

KYLE PLAYED TERRIBLE against Hunter...that is not a lie or a coverup...kyle can beat hunter if he plays a good match

1 Singles: Toss-up

2 Singles: Bearden favored

3 Singles: Siegel favored (we were winning that match when it was called)

4 Singles: tossup

5 Singles: Siegel favored

1 and 2 doubles are COMPLETELY different than you saw (if you watched the match)

1 doubles is Wishing/Hayes

2 doubles is Hale/Edwards

We played our 2 doubles at number 1 against Bearden and our other doubles team wasn't full strength

The state tournament rings haven't been given out yet so don't jump on the Bearden bandwagon because they beat Siegel when Siegel wasn't full strength. The score would have been 4-2, Siegel's #3 had already won the first set and Siegel's #5 had won.

Edited by nation_supp89

KYLE PLAYED TERRIBLE against Hunter...that is not a lie or a coverup...kyle can beat hunter if he plays a good match

1 Singles: Toss-up

2 Singles: Bearden favored

3 Singles: Siegel favored (we were winning that match when it was called)

4 Singles: tossup

5 Singles: Siegel favored

1 and 2 doubles are COMPLETELY different than you saw (if you watched the match)

1 doubles is Wishing/Hayes

2 doubles is Hale/Edwards

We played our 2 doubles at number 1 against Bearden and our other doubles team wasn't full strength

The state tournament rings haven't been given out yet so don't jump on the Bearden bandwagon because they beat Siegel when Siegel wasn't full strength

1 singles: Bearden(hunter won the match)

2 singles: Bearden(taylor won the match

3 singles: Siegal(based on ur theory of he was winning the match)

4 singles: Bearden(Rahneman won 1,2... how is that a toss up)

5 singels: Siegal

Those double are basically the same except that ur 1 is playing 2 and Wishing and some other guy is playin 1. You still have to favor Bearden in both of those, considering that they beat Webb's 1 and 2 doubles, even though they were hampered, but still Webb's 1 and 2 doubles would have beaten Siegals. Siegal is real lucky they didnt have to play Webb because they would have left MTSU on Saturday with a 1-2 record for the weekend.

You're right on one thing, though. The rings havent been handed out yet... We will have to wait and see a good match between Bearden and Science Hill in the State Championship!

1 singles: Bearden(hunter won the match)

2 singles: Bearden(taylor won the match

3 singles: Siegal(based on ur theory of he was winning the match)

4 singles: Bearden(Rahneman won 1,2... how is that a toss up)

5 singels: Siegal

Those double are basically the same except that ur 1 is playing 2 and Wishing and some other guy is playin 1. You still have to favor Bearden in both of those, considering that they beat Webb's 1 and 2 doubles, even though they were hampered, but still Webb's 1 and 2 doubles would have beaten Siegals. Siegal is real lucky they didnt have to play Webb because they would have left MTSU on Saturday with a 1-2 record for the weekend.

You're right on one thing, though. The rings havent been handed out yet... We will have to wait and see a good match between Bearden and Science Hill in the State Championship!

Bearden has to play Science Hill in the REGION championship to GET to state...learn your facts before you talk :thumb:

Siegel's 4 was MISSING against Bearden. Rhanema beat Siegel's 5 seed 1,2...who is coming back from an injury and isn't full strength as of yet. Switch the doubles teams around and the matches are different. Bearden didn't win doubles decisively and the addition of another player and switching around of the teams could make a VERY big difference

Bearden has to play Science Hill in the REGION championship to GET to state...learn your facts before you talk :thumb:

Siegel's 4 was MISSING against Bearden. Rhanema beat Siegel's 5 seed 1,2...who is coming back from an injury and isn't full strength as of yet. Switch the doubles teams around and the matches are different. Bearden didn't win doubles decisively and the addition of another player and switching around of the teams could make a VERY big difference

They won 8-4 and 8-3 and sorry about not knowing the facts. I was just trying to get the point across that they are the two best teams in AAA state. I notice though that you didnt comment back about what I said about Webb. I'm glad you are atleast sane enough to know you would lose that match. But yeah maybe switching the teams up will make a difference, but I dont know... Malts/Taylor and Acker/Rahnema are two real solid teams. And you are completely under estimating Rahnema's ability.

They won 8-4 and 8-3 and sorry about not knowing the facts. I was just trying to get the point across that they are the two best teams in AAA state. I notice though that you didnt comment back about what I said about Webb. I'm glad you are atleast sane enough to know you would lose that match. But yeah maybe switching the teams up will make a difference, but I dont know... Malts/Taylor and Acker/Rahnema are two real solid teams. And you are completely under estimating Rahnema's ability.

I've played Rhanema before and I know the kid is a very solid player. Siegel beat Science Hill as well as TN High, Brentwood, USJ, and many other teams in the Rotary at Chattanooga.

8-4 at #1 doubles was more lopsided than it was because Siegel lost 5 deuce games at no-ad. I didn't comment back about Webb because we didn't play Webb. You can't talk at all because you haven't played us and therefore any predictions are purely what you think would happen.

I've played Rhanema before and I know the kid is a very solid player. Siegel beat Science Hill as well as TN High, Brentwood, USJ, and many other teams in the Rotary at Chattanooga.

8-4 at #1 doubles was more lopsided than it was because Siegel lost 5 deuce games at no-ad. I didn't comment back about Webb because we didn't play Webb. You can't talk at all because you haven't played us and therefore any predictions are purely what you think would happen.

Rotary is much different then a real match because you play a lot of different teams and get the same amount of points for beating a player from a bad team as you do for a player from a solid team, so it is really all about the draw you get. So, you cant base anything off of the Rotary. And as for the deuce points... losing is losing. You didnt when the big point, you cant just say that made it close... It was as close as the score was.

Rotary is much different then a real match because you play a lot of different teams and get the same amount of points for beating a player from a bad team as you do for a player from a solid team, so it is really all about the draw you get. So, you cant base anything off of the Rotary. And as for the deuce points... losing is losing. You didnt when the big point, you cant just say that made it close... It was as close as the score was.

you're right, losing is losing, however, play that match again and instead of it being 8-3, siegel could be up 7-4. The teams were very close and in all actuality, Siegel's lineup wasn't full strength. We have given Bearden credit where it is due, they really came out and surprised us but if we play again the outcome could change.

How is it about the draw when Siegel won 4 singles and 6 singles, 2 doubles, and had their 2 and 5 in the finals? You must be pretty good to get that far.

I like a little bantering back and forth. Siegel could beat us, but I think we are definitely favored. Like I said yesterday, Siegels #4 would not have made a difference yesterday. My whole point of joining this discussion yesterday was that Siegel didnt think anything of Bearden. We werent mentioned in the first 8 pages of the best teams in hte stateAAA exceopt on the first page. Siegel can say they respected us, but they didnt. On another thread they even said they have a tri match against Webb, Trinity and some other school. That is disrespect right there and we knew that coming into the match. They were taken down a huge notch this weekend. Like in any sport that sometimes makes a team better, to get humbled. I think after Saturday morning, they definitely were. We will see if they make a positve out of it. From reading the posts, Im not sure if they will. I know if I got beat the way they did I would back off a little on saying how good they still are.

I hope we meet again, in the state semis. If I was a Webb player I could definitely say they were overated because there is so much talk of Siegel on here. Im sure they took great joy in Bearden beating them.

Webb at full strength would crush Siegel. That isnt even a discussion. Now beating Bearden we can discuss, but talk needs to stop right now of Siegel beating Webb or you all are more full of yourself than I thought

Edited by dawgs2