Overrated/underrated

shims4

Bearden has to play Science Hill in the REGION championship to GET to state...learn your facts before you talk :thumb:

Siegel's 4 was MISSING against Bearden. Rhanema beat Siegel's 5 seed 1,2...who is coming back from an injury and isn't full strength as of yet. Switch the doubles teams around and the matches are different. Bearden didn't win doubles decisively and the addition of another player and switching around of the teams could make a VERY big difference

First of all I would like to state that I am from Bearden and so am probably inclined to be biased in favor of them. With that said I would like to point out that "having a bad day" is not an excuse or reason for losing. If you lose, you lost and the winning player should be giving the deserved respect and considered the better player until proven otherwise. This same concept applies to teams as well. Bearden defeated Siegal and thus deserves to be called the better team until Siegal can prove otherwise. Predictions, line-up changes, and excuses should not be accepted as reality. The only true information on which we can compare these two teams is the match-up last Saturday when Bearden defeated Siegal 4-2. So the only true predictions we can make should be based on that:

Singles

1: Bearden (Maltsberger def. Wishing 4,2)

2: Bearden (Patrick def. Hale 0,1)

3: Siegal (Edwards up a set against Acker)

4: Bearden (Rahnema def. Siegals #5 1,2)

5: Siegal

6: Siegal

Now for a comment on Siegal missing a player and the doubles situatuon.

Rahnema def. Siegals apparent #5 player (1,2) which in my opinion permits us to predict that Rahnema will def. Siegals "true" #4. Although I'm sure Siegal fans and players will argue this, I am quite confident of this. Also, Acker had not yet lost the match at #3 and, in my opinion, still had an excellant chance to come back and win. Now, with the addition of Siegals #4 the doubles line-up will change, however I believe it will have little to no effect. Rahnema/Acker def. Wishing and Siegals #5 (I do not know his name, my apologies) 8-3. With the addition of Siegals #4, Wishing and #4 will be playing #1 doubles. In my opinion, the addition of this one player does not warrent a win over Acker/Rahnema who won 8-3, and moste definately not a win over Beardens #1 doubles, Maltsberger/Patrick (Maltsberger def. Wishing, Patrick def. Hale who plays 2 spots above Siegals #4). Acker/Rahnema should take a win against Siegals #2 doubles as well, for Maltsberger/Patrick def. them 8-4 and Acker/Rahnema should win as well. It is obvious that not all of you will agree, but I believe I reasonably stated a very strong arguement that Bearden, not Siegal is and will be named the best team in the state. I am aware of the Science Hill threat, however, Bearden is the stronger team and we should be given the respect we deserve. We are definately the most underrated team, but we are certainly not underdogs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're right, losing is losing, however, play that match again and instead of it being 8-3, siegel could be up 7-4. The teams were very close and in all actuality, Siegel's lineup wasn't full strength. We have given Bearden credit where it is due, they really came out and surprised us but if we play again the outcome could change.

How is it about the draw when Siegel won 4 singles and 6 singles, 2 doubles, and had their 2 and 5 in the finals? You must be pretty good to get that far.

I agree it could change. As for the Rotary... you're right, I'll give you credit for that. Sorry. You were playing in the "B" division,though.

Guest Cutters Crazies

lol I love how you think think you can just throw out points just because that team lost according to you every team whoever wins a match it is 4-0, as long as it helps your arguement right? you say 5 and 6 doesn't matter....I believe it does since those matches finished before the match was over. It was 3-2 when Bearden won the decisive match....not sure what match it was, either #1 or #4 both finished close together.

Guest Cutters Crazies
First of all I would like to state that I am from Bearden and so am probably inclined to be biased in favor of them. With that said I would like to point out that "having a bad day" is not an excuse or reason for losing. If you lose, you lost and the winning player should be giving the deserved respect and considered the better player until proven otherwise. This same concept applies to teams as well. Bearden defeated Siegal and thus deserves to be called the better team until Siegal can prove otherwise

I agree with this....just find it funny that shims all the sudden calls us overrated because we lost to a good Bearden team and then tries to exaggerate it by saying the wrong score. Its my opinion that Siegel will win #2 doubles....Rahnema and Acker didn't really do anything at all in doubles. Siegel missed multiple sitter vollies and overheads, on top of 5 deuce points. The guy playing with Wishing there is coming off of wrist surgery (probably saw the tape) and is slowly making his way back and we hope he will be full strength for state. That being said heres how I see a state matchup going. Also Edwards/Hale threw in a complete dud in that match and I have no clue what their problem was but that was pitiful. They showed they can be a dangerous doubles team as they beat doubles teams from USJ and Science Hill (Greer, Smith) at Rotary.

#1-assuming both are playing at their best, tossup

#2- Bearden

#3- Siegel

#4-tossup

#4- Siegel.

#1 doubles- Bearden

#2 doubles-Siegel

So were science hill, tn high, brentwood, USJ, and a few other teams. Bearden was playing in C...which they probably won? Either them or father ryan possibly.

You told me to learn my facts.... Well start learning yours. Bearden did not play in the Rotary Tournament, but good try.

And to CutterCrazies... I'm sorry about stating it at 4-0... I did not know until a friend from Bearden told me that 5 and 6 finished before 1 and 4. My apologies, but I do not just think that if a team wins then they won 4-0... I thought that 1 and 4 finished before 5-6. Again, my apologies... and it wont happen again.

Guest Cutters Crazies

You told me to learn my facts.... Well start learning yours. Bearden did not play in the Rotary Tournament, but good try.

And to CutterCrazies... I'm sorry about stating it at 4-0... I did not know until a friend from Bearden told me that 5 and 6 finished before 1 and 4. My apologies, but I do not just think that if a team wins then they won 4-0... I thought that 1 and 4 finished before 5-6. Again, my apologies... and it wont happen again.

Learn your facts :):thumb:

sorry bout that...thought they were but either way it wouldn't matter

lol I love how you think think you can just throw out points just because that team lost according to you every team whoever wins a match it is 4-0, as long as it helps your arguement right? you say 5 and 6 doesn't matter....I believe it does since those matches finished before the match was over. It was 3-2 when Bearden won the decisive match....not sure what match it was, either #1 or #4 both finished close together.

When the match was was over it was Bearden 5-1. The Bearden coach let the other two matches go on #5 and #6 singles b/c they were close to being over . #5 was in a superbreaker which Siegel won and # 6 had 2 more games to go..If this was college the official score would be Bearden 5 Siegel 1. I know if I was a Siegel player, I would just admit to getting beat by the better team that DAY. It could be different later.

Guest Cutters Crazies
I agree with this

read more post less.....call me crazy but didn't I just do what you said? k thnx

if your going by the other system of scoring then yes it was 5-1 but thats not the way we were playing. However we were playing college scoring 3 doubles for one point and 6 singles. Bearden gets the doubles point then wins #1,2,4 with wins at 5 and 6 for Siegel and 3 not finished. That equals 4-2 Bearden. You sure you are aware of how college scoring works.

Edited by Cutters Crazies

When the match was was over it was Bearden 5-1. The Bearden coach let the other two matches go on #5 and #6 singles b/c they were close to being over . #5 was in a superbreaker which Siegel won and # 6 had 2 more games to go..If this was college the official score would be Bearden 5 Siegel 1. I know if I was a Siegel player, I would just admit to getting beat by the better team that DAY. It could be different later.

wait...1 went to bearden, 2 went to bearden, 3 siegel was winning, 4 went to bearden, 5 went to siegel...there is no number 6 in state so that match doesn't even matter in my opinion...how is that 5-1 bearden?