Overrated/underrated

shims4

Guest Cutters Crazies
#4: Bearden (Rahnema will beat Siegal's "real" #4)

Siegel's actual #4 is more imposing and has alot bigger game than Verble does right now because of setbacks with his wrist. I think your #4 will find him a challenge, looking at Ben's record, he lost to Craig Rockett pretty bad at last years qualifier while our #4 beat him at Rotary 4,2. I know that was a year ago but couldn't really get a good indicator from anything else on their records. Thats why I say tossup there. I trust Wishing to come back more motivated and not overlooking Hunter next time. #1 and #4 will decide this match if they meet again, I think we can all agree on that.

Edited by Cutters Crazies

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel's actual #4 is more imposing and has alot bigger game than Verble does right now because of setbacks with his wrist. I think your #4 will find him a challenge, looking at Ben's record, he lost to Craig Rockett pretty bad at last years qualifier while our #4 beat him at Rotary 4,2. I know that was a year ago but couldn't really get a good indicator from anything else on their records. Thats why I say tossup there. I trust Wishing to come back more motivated and not overlooking Hunter next time. #1 and #4 will decide this match if they meet again, I think we can all agree on that.

I dont think you can accurately predict a match merely based on records let alone records from a year ago. Also, Craig Rockett seems to have fallen into somewhat of a slump since last year. Even so, Rahnema did not perform too well in tournaments last year, but has recently gotten back on top of his game. Also, who is your #4 player? It seems like you keep refering to him as "our #4" so I was just wondering who he is.

Edited by MaroonNation77

I dont think you can accurately predict a match merely based on records let alone records from a year ago. Also, Craig Rockett seems to have fallen into somewhat of a slump since last year. Even so, Rahnema did not perform too well in tournaments last year, but has recently gotten back on top of his game. Also, who is your #4 player? It seems like you keep refering to him as "our #4" so I was just wondering who he is.

i'm just curious maroonnation...do you play top 5 for bearden?

I think the Bearden/Siegel match (if they meet up) will all be decided in the #1 and #4 matches, just like cutter's crazies stated earlier. Kyle will be more motivated in state tournament and hopefully that will make a difference. I think bearden is a lock at #2 and Siegel a lock at #5. Siegel is favored at #3 but not heavily favored. I think whoever goes into doubles up 3-2 (if doubles is necessary) will win the match.

i'm just curious maroonnation...do you play top 5 for bearden?

Yes, I do play top 5. Do you? No names or positions though, I believe it is better if we all remain anonymous. Now would you please answer my other question, who is your #4? Also, I agree with you that it will be close if we play at state, but you say Kyle will be more motivated but do you not also think Hunter will be as well? Since this was the first time Maltsberger and Wishing have played (at least recently) I think it is unfair to keep saying that Wishing played bad and could win if he played good. Hunter deserves to be recognized as the better player until Kyle proves otherwise (see my first post on this topic). Now with that said, I do realize that Wishing is a very good player and will be difficult to beat again as will your whole team. I look forward to playing you all at state.

Yes, I do play top 5. Do you? No names or positions though, I believe it is better if we all remain anonymous. Now would you please answer my other question, who is your #4? Also, I agree with you that it will be close if we play at state, but you say Kyle will be more motivated but do you not also think Hunter will be as well? Since this was the first time Maltsberger and Wishing have played (at least recently) I think it is unfair to keep saying that Wishing played bad and could win if he played good. Hunter deserves to be recognized as the better player until Kyle proves otherwise (see my first post on this topic). Now with that said, I do realize that Wishing is a very good player and will be difficult to beat again as will your whole team. I look forward to playing you all at state.

Yea I do.

Our 4 player is James Hayes...he played our 3 in a very tight 3-setter a couple months ago.

Also, I do agree Hunter will be very motivated, who wouldn't be? I'm just confident in Kyle and that he'll show up to play when it counts. I think the two will be a great matchup

Edited by nation_supp89

I would also like to point out that it is very difficult to play tennis with a broken arm. (Craig Rockett has a broken arm and has since before Rotary.) Of course I have never played with a broken arm but I assume it would be somewhat challenging.

You fail to mention that Rockett has had a broken arm the whole season, and hasnt been practicing that much. He was at a much higher level last summer than he is now. Also, Rahnema started playing really well at the State Closed last year and hasnt stopped playing well since.

You fail to mention that Rockett has had a broken arm the whole season, and hasnt been practicing that much. He was at a much higher level last summer than he is now. Also, Rahnema started playing really well at the State Closed last year and hasnt stopped playing well since.

Rockett broke his right wrist...and he's left handed. I'm sure it hindered him but it didn't completely stop him from playing tennis. No one is saying Rhanema will lose, we're just saying that he is not a lock at the number 4 position.

Rockett broke his right wrist...and he's left handed. I'm sure it hindered him but it didn't completely stop him from playing tennis. No one is saying Rhanema will lose, we're just saying that he is not a lock at the number 4 position.

You do realize that Rockett had a two handed backhand and is playing with a one-hander, so it does severly hinder him. He can still play but is no where near his best.

Guest Cutters Crazies

Hunter wanted it more vs. Kyle from what I saw of that match and also

We talked to Craig at Rotary and he said he was just coming back etc but that is was fully healed. He just hadn't practiced much...and yes I do know a thing about playing with a broken hand...July of last year played with it for about 2 weeks before finally had to put a cast on