Rankings week of 4/23-4/29

mjuhb

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats CAK, that was pretty close. how was it Big G?

They played a really smart game by putting 9 players "in the box". We shot and shot and shot (Around 40 honestly) but it is hard to get it through all of those players and the keeper. Very frustrating. They had one shot and they scored it. That is the "beauty" of soccer. You can out possess and outshoot another team, but if you can't finish, it doesn't matter. We were very fortunate to score in the last 30 seconds. They put up one heck of a fight.

Elizabethton's keeper played a heck of a game! I think they will make it out of their region and on to sectionals.

They played a really smart game by putting 9 players "in the box". We shot and shot and shot (Around 40 honestly) but it is hard to get it through all of those players and the keeper. Very frustrating. They had one shot and they scored it. That is the "beauty" of soccer. You can out possess and outshoot another team, but if you can't finish, it doesn't matter. We were very fortunate to score in the last 30 seconds. They put up one heck of a fight.

Elizabethton's keeper played a heck of a game! I think they will make it out of their region and on to sectionals.

The "beauty" of soccer? I usually call that the "cruelty" of soccer.

I think it depends on what side your on, but yeah.

BigG, playing catenaccio for a win against a superior skilled foe is, by definition, a thing of great beauty. Proper catenaccio requires skill, strength, speed on the counter and incredible disipline. A team that can successfully play this style when necessary won't thrill the crowd or please the opponent, but they will never be out of a game. In a former time, your Mr. Davis excellently played his share of this style and won some incredible games because of it. Jogo bonito and "Total Futbol" are for the elite highly skilled team. Catenaccio is a style that can even the playing field for the competitive blue collar team. :(

Edited by hoya75

BigG, playing catenaccio for a win against a superior skilled foe is, by definition, a thing of great beauty. Proper catenaccio requires skill, strength, speed on the counter and incredible disipline. A team that can successfully play this style when necessary won't thrill the crowd or please the opponent, but they will never be out of a game. In a former time, your Mr. Davis excellently played his share of this style and won some incredible games because of it. Jogo bonito and "Total Futbol" are for the elite highly skilled team. Catenaccio is a style that can even the playing field for the competitive blue collar team. :(

Agreed, and I also told the coach that he had a great gameplan. It almost worked, too. (I don't know about all of these fancy words you are using, though!)