Rankings week of 4/23-4/29

mjuhb

Harsh, mjuhb, harsh.

Well it's your poll (and a very good one) and you can do whatever you think best, but before you are too hard on the Irish, remember that they just played 4 matches in 3 days, every one against a team with a decidely winning record and 3 of the 4 teams were ranked in the top 8 of your poll (and the top 5 of Eurosport). They won their first three matches by a combined total of 8-0 (ND, CPA and Sullivan South) and they were tied 0-0 in the 4th match (CCS) at the half on their opponent's home field while playing with a reserve keeper.

Catholic has easily played the hardest schedule of any team in Division I A/AA and I could argue about it being the toughest schedule in Division I overall. They've beaten 2 of the 3 DII top 10 teams they faced with shutouts (Baylor and Webb) and either during the season or preseason the boys took shut out wins from each of the following top 25 AAA teams: Farragut, Bearden, Science Hill, Lenoir City, McMinn County and now Sullivan South in addition to a 3-1 win over Oak Ridge. Yes, I realize only McMinn Co., Oak Ridge and Sullivan South officially count, but the overall season can't be ignored.

Be kind. Not one other team in A/AA has faced their kind of schedule with anywhere near the same results.

if i put ccs 2 or 3 and catholic 1 thats not fair to ccs because ccs beat you

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

catholic pladyed and looked tired in the ccs game. if they played the way they did against notre dame then they would easily have won. the backup keeper played good, both goals were not his fault. the first the man was wide open on the backside and the second hit off a catholic player on a free kick and went in.

Now before someone bashes me about this let me say something.

First off, congrats to CCS for the tourny win.

Secondly, hats of to Catholic for the way they played today and this whole week.

I know Catholic was tired. 4 games in 3 days isn't easy.

But remember that CCS also played 3 games in 2 days (just like Catholic in the tourny). Both teams were tired going into this one. I think that the CCS coach's emphasis on conditioning was very critical and it payed off today.

if i put ccs 2 or 3 and catholic 1 thats not fair to ccs because ccs beat you

I understand your point and I understand your problem. The post-season will sort it all out and both of these teams will likely be players in the process. I'm looking forward to the new poll. :unsure:

Now before someone bashes me about this let me say something.

First off, congrats to CCS for the tourny win.

Secondly, hats of to Catholic for the way they played today and this whole week.

I know Catholic was tired. 4 games in 3 days isn't easy.

But remember that CCS also played 3 games in 2 days (just like Catholic in the tourny). Both teams were tired going into this one. I think that the CCS coach's emphasis on conditioning was very critical and it payed off today.

No bashing would be appropriate. CCS won the game and that's all there is to discuss. I think both of these teams will be players in the post-season. Good luck to the Chargers next week. :unsure:

yes you assumed correctly brentwood has a great team i have watched them play the last 3 days but all they are doing beating up on weak teams houston has better results vs stronger teams

rossview is just overrated they haven't been in my top 10 for about 2 weeks their schedule before the houston tourny is not that strong either

You have houston as # 2 in state and they are 4th in their district...???????

they have better results vs stronger teams? WHO? tie with g'town? tie with collierville? 3-2 win with white station? they also played briarcrest, millington....tough schedule?

You have houston as # 2 in state and they are 4th in their district...???????

they have better results vs stronger teams? WHO? tie with g'town? tie with collierville? 3-2 win with white station? they also played briarcrest, millington....tough schedule?

they beat 2 good arkansas teams tied oklahoma jenks beat a ranked alabama team 6-0 and scored a huge 3-0 vs mba

they beat 2 good arkansas teams tied oklahoma jenks beat a ranked alabama team 6-0 and scored a huge 3-0 vs mba

Just a question....have you seen any of these teams, including Germantown Houston, play? It's hard to rank when you haven't seen them, based only on what the final score was for a game, without knowing the level of competition. I know G'town Houston is a good team with a great reputation and I don't want to take anything away from them. However, ties aren't wins and comparing Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Alabama teams to those we are more familiar with is tough.

madison played usj tonight in the semi finals of best of the west and are going to the finals after a display of real heart from the whole team, madison beat usj 2-1.. it was one of the windiest games i think anyone has played in... madison had the wind in the first half and they scored 20 mins in and then usj scored with about 2 mins left, so they were thinking man... how can we win with the wind against us... but with 12 minutes left kenny whitehead sank usj's hopes of winning this years best of the west... madison now plays westview for the 3rd time in about 2 weeks this season... scores so far have been 5-3 madison and 4-3 madison, so it should play out to be a good final...