Is this a must year for Gregory and his cougars

cowboys

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have all seen how Centennial has struggled over the past several years. Year after year you hear that a coaching change is going to happen. We all also know that the health of Coach Gregory is a question with his hip and all. Is it time for a change of the gaurd?

Is the Lench Mob gathering in Williamson County?? This thread will probably have to be disabled before someone starts bashing Gregory and his staff. Let them be and let them coach. It is a very tough Region just to be able to compete. They will be fine. :blink:

Is the Lench Mob gathering in Williamson County?? This thread will probably have to be disabled before someone starts bashing Gregory and his staff. Let them be and let them coach. It is a very tough Region just to be able to compete. They will be fine. :blink:

What's the history of Centennial? Didn't they used to have another nickname?? What kind of athletes do they have?

Why do so many people like to get on to coaches all the time. :blink:

Maybe you guys should get certified and see if you can do a better job.

If you are a coach at another school, then be careful what you think and say. What goes around comes around.

Just because a coach wins alot of games don't make him a great coach. Many of the coaches at places that struggle work harder and are actually better coaches than many of the ones that just have the best players.

Why do so many people like to get on to coaches all the time. ;)

Maybe you guys should get certified and see if you can do a better job.

If you are a coach at another school, then be careful what you think and say. What goes around comes around.

Just because a coach wins alot of games don't make him a great coach. Many of the coaches at places that struggle work harder and are actually better coaches than many of the ones that just have the best players.

True statement! :blink:

I would prefer a Coach that actually 'CARES' about the young men that play for him than some ego maniac that could care less about them as sucessful people.

Games are only one aspect of success. Grades and keeping out of trouble off the field are to.

No one can say that Coach Gregory's players are in juvenile court, or jail, or whatever.

I believe this topic started up rather congenially, so let's not all jump to conclusions about what everybody else is going to say. Besides, it is a very relevant topic that should be discussed. Gregory has been there since Centennial opened in '96 and his record there hasn't exactly been stellar. Does this mean he's a bad coach? Not necessarily. However, given the amount of talent that has come through that school, it's not terrible to ask if it's time for him to step down.

Someone mentions the Region. Lets take a look shall we. Ravenwood is the defending state champs but have lost a ton of great athletes. Brentwood will be well disciplined and a tough out. Franklin will always have players. Columbia is down as is Clarksville. I think the sleeper team in the region is Independence. Smith is a good coach whether you like him or not. They have everybody coming back and a really good freshman class from last year. They could very well make a playoff run maybe even shot at region champs. Remember Ravenwood one the state with just its second senior class.

I know Centennial had a freshman QB that started last year but what else do they have? I hear they may go to the spread. As for Gregory I believe he is a good coach but there always comes a point in a programs' history where it needs a kick start. With Gregory's health problems I just thought this may be his last run before focusing on the AD position. I am in no way bad mouthing the man.

Someone mentions the Region. Lets take a look shall we. Ravenwood is the defending state champs but have lost a ton of great athletes. Brentwood will be well disciplined and a tough out. Franklin will always have players. Columbia is down as is Clarksville. I think the sleeper team in the region is Independence. Smith is a good coach whether you like him or not. They have everybody coming back and a really good freshman class from last year. They could very well make a playoff run maybe even shot at region champs. Remember Ravenwood one the state with just its second senior class.

I know Centennial had a freshman QB that started last year but what else do they have? I hear they may go to the spread. As for Gregory I believe he is a good coach but there always comes a point in a programs' history where it needs a kick start. With Gregory's health problems I just thought this may be his last run before focusing on the AD position. I am in no way bad mouthing the man.

clarksville is a 4a school that lost in the first round of the playoffs last year to whites creek in a great game they moved down in classification before last year and honestly they aint gonna be down in any sort of way in fact they may be the favorites to win region 6-4a in 2006

We have all seen how Centennial has struggled over the past several years. Year after year you hear that a coaching change is going to happen. We all also know that the health of Coach Gregory is a question with his hip and all. Is it time for a change of the gaurd?

Centennial will continue to struggle until they have a complete overhaul of their athletic programs. The school is currently 10 years old, so it is not the new kid on the block. They have had some success in girls soccer and softball but in boys sports only the baseball team and golf team have had any reasonable success. Centennial does not have a true feeder school, so kids that have a choice choose other schools like Franklin High because they win or are at least competitive in every sport. Centennial's greatest downfall is from the top/ down. The athletic director is the football coach, which has had only one winning season a 6-5 season a few years ago does not support the total sports program, you also have a principal that is so focused on academics that he is not concerned with the values taught through athletics. Brentwood High, Ravenwood, Page, and now Independence surround Centennial and all have a good balance of academics and athletics, this and the fact that a lot of Centennial's best athletes no longer want to play will be Coach Gregory's downfall. I know Coach Gregory and he is a good man and good coach but sometimes it's time to move on.