Who are the Top teams in the State?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Memphis want to B's

U14

R U kidding? Memphis was 2nd in nation last year and will kill anyone in middle tenneesee we are talking 20+ butt kicking. The tigers 14 were second last year and not even close to big M.

U15

Last years Tigers - Elite team was defintily the best in the mid state what happened to them they are defintly not the same team this year. They are small and undersized what happend.

Saying that they were the best int he mid state last year but could not beat Memphis Bellvue this year Memphis will kill them. The rest of the midstate should just stay home. I would hate to see what the big M would do to the Nashville Celtics or Mid State it would be Nasty. As far as the Grizzlies go I have not seen them play... but I doubt that they can come close to Memphis Bellvue!

U16

Big YOMCA all the way Mid State will get killed by them the Thunder, Celtics definitly need to stay home and not take the whopping they will get if they r lucky enough to make it out of sub-state.

You middle tennessee people need to wake up and realize WE DONT care whose the best in Middle Tennessee... because when you play big M it is always the same story...

Enough said...

[/quote

you are crazy if u think midstate will get killed by YOMCA there is too much talent on midstate for them to get killed by anybody, if they lose its gona be close but they probably wont even lose because nobody can stop scotty

The Brentwood Gizzlies 15U might be the only team in the state that can beat the Memphis teams. And I have seen them all. Three reasons, they shoot the ball very well, the style of ball they play, and the Kelly boy. I have not seen a 15U team that can match up with him without triple teaming him. His numbers are sick. 22-25 ppg 17+ rebs and 7-10 blocks a game. He is averaging close to a triple double for the spring. They are 3 and 0 for tournaments they have played in. There only loss came to a team who was DQ'd for having too many older kids.

It would really be interesting to see the Grizzlies play Bellvue. Maybe you guys should meet halfway and just play a game.

Don't get too caught up in the speed and pressure thing. Great size is hard to overcome, but good teams don't get too bothered by speed and pressure after 11 or 12 years old. The Grizzlies are never faster than their opponents, but they win. The Grizzlies always face pressure, and win. Consider, are the highschool championships and college championships simply won by the faster, best pressuring team? No. When two teams play which go as fast as they can all the time, the faster team usually wins. Those teams only know how to control tempo by speeding up. San Antonio and Detroit don't press and don't run all the time, and they're the best in the world. Maturity. A smart, strong, confident team that is well coached enjoys playing teams which are coached by guys yelling "go, go" "get him, get him"!