o.s girls

bigstick#1

[this has nothing to do with the os and kingston bunch, but coaches should show the girls on other teams some respect also. the oakdale coach told her girls to knock wartburg's 3rd base on her a!! and if that isn't rude and ugly then nothing is. she is the rudes coach to ever be on the field. all the parents and coaches heard her yell and tell her girls to do it. something has to be done about this coach because before it is over a parent will get a hold of her

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[this has nothing to do with the os and kingston bunch, but coaches should show the girls on other teams some respect also. the oakdale coach told her girls to knock wartburg's 3rd base on her a!! and if that isn't rude and ugly then nothing is. she is the rudes coach to ever be on the field. all the parents and coaches heard her yell and tell her girls to do it. something has to be done about this coach because before it is over a parent will get a hold of her

As a parent I have seen nothing but sportsmenship from the Lady Eagles team. I was at the game last night and there was an incedent at 3rd which was understandable to be angry, but i never heard the Oakdale coach tell her team to run her over. That to me is out of character to the Oakdale head coach. She is a good coach and teacher to these girls and no one needs to show her disrespect. These girls have been through enough pain with there pitcher getting hurt last year that they know how to respect people and they have been tought the word RESPECT since they were little. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

as a parent you did not hear the oakdale coach say it because you don't want to hear it. ask that row of wartburg parents what they heard. as for the incedent at 3rd base the wartburg girl was just making the play and she would never do anything to hurt morgan she has played ball with oakdale's pitcher, catcher and morgan and she thinks alot of them and their mothers she told morgan she was sorry and didn't try to hurt her and then the oakdale coach said that to her girls. i'd hate to know that she was teaching my girls that. she needs to to be the one saying she is sorry, the girl on 3rd was quick to say i'm sorry. some of you parents needs to take some lessons from the girls.

as a parent you did not hear the oakdale coach say it because you don't want to hear it. ask that row of wartburg parents what they heard. as for the incedent at 3rd base the wartburg girl was just making the play and she would never do anything to hurt morgan she has played ball with oakdale's pitcher, catcher and morgan and she thinks alot of them and their mothers she told morgan she was sorry and didn't try to hurt her and then the oakdale coach said that to her girls. i'd hate to know that she was teaching my girls that. she needs to to be the one saying she is sorry, the girl on 3rd was quick to say i'm sorry. some of you parents needs to take some lessons from the girls.

As a parent of an Oakdale Lady Eagle i am here to say that the coach of the Lady Eagles would never tell the girls to run over some one because she knows about the friendship that is between you Wartburg players and the oakdale girls. There was a dispute on the play at 3rd base and she went to the ump to clarify if Alyssa was blocking the bag. he gave her his decision and that was that. Yes Alyssa immediately apologized for falling on Morgan and she told her to lets play ball because she knew this was not intentional.

If you are trying to wind this around to the O.S. situation then from now on start another thread instead of keeping this one tied up. Holly would never tell those girls to knock her or anyway out of the way. She and Teresa have poured their hearts into this team after all the heartache of the accident with Jessica and then having to re-group. This team is strong and will stand strong after this accusation. But please start another thread and get off this one so this controversy does not get on us in Oakdale.

In the midst of all the negative comments toward O.S. girls I would like to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to our O.S. Seniors!! Jennifer & Amanda I was so proud of both of you @ the JV game on Mon. Both you ladies were showing what leaders you have been for your team by being there & encouraging the girls on!! That was a real stand up effort!! In my eyes....you girls are the definition of leadership!!

And not to forget.....LETS BRING IT HOME NEXT WEEK!!!!!

your right you have a great bunch of girls at oakdale but your coach did say it and you must not have heard it. i'm sorry that i even said anything but i still stand on what was said . i heard it along with all the other parents and the head coach knows she said it. she knows what she should be done. your asst. coach is a stand up person and has always been a good example to oakdale and alll the other coaches around the district. and you do have some of the most respectful girls in the county and so does wartburg. i praise them all for their good hearts and great love for the game.

I don't know if Miss Holly said it or not, but I do know that coaches often get caught up in the moment in an emotional game.

An example is when you have a kid running to first, the throw is wide, the play is close and the first baseman is in the runner's lane. I've heard plenty of coaches tell their kids to run 'em over if you have to. None of these coaches are wanting to see anyone get hurt; they're just not wanting to give up an out for a lack of hustle.

Again I didn't see the play at third, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt because even if she did say it, I'm sure she doesn't want to see anyone get hurt.

Plus Miss Holly had my son in fourth grade and surviving Little Goose for a year has to account for something.

So to make a long story a sentence longer, if she did say it I'm sure she didn't mean it the way it came out.

Good luck to Oakdale, Wartburg, Oliver Springs, Kingston and everybody else.