MBA v. McCallie

DANKYTANK

Here's a recap and my take on the game:

McCallie scored first, but MBA went on a run to make it 5-1. MBA then got 4 consecutive minutes of penalties, but McCallie didn't really capitalize and only scored 1 or 2 goals. They did take advantage of the momentum change and ended up taking a 6-5 lead. MBA put one in to go into halftime knotted at 6. Second half was all MBA, outscoring McCallie 9-2. MBA was lead by Witherspoon, who put in 5 goals and Armistead who had 4 points. Sanders had 3 pts, Cahill 2, and Burris 2 as well. McCallie had Colpini with 3 goals, Hayes with 2, and Huges with 2. I wish Cahill and Jackson would have tested each other a little more. Both played pretty cautiously. I thought the officiating was pretty well done overall, although the second quarter was a little rough. I stand by my statement that Cahill is the best offensive player in the state. I thought Banker was the best pole on the field, and I was most impressed by #20 from McCallie. I didn't get to see as much of Jackson's game as I would have liked. He played very good position and uses his feet well, but I didn't get to see a whole lot of speed,stickhandling, or checking. I thought David Hughes was McCallie's best performer on O. Great effort by MBA.

MBA beat Houston 11-10 today. Big Red came out very flat and got down either 6 or 7 to 1 in the first quarter. Witherspoon had another big day. Carver Morgan had a huge save to seal the game. Looked like a completely different team from last night. Last night, they could have won the state title. Today, probably not, although they showed some glimpses of their potential towards the end of the game with nice transition, big saves, and good ball movement. I thought #s 11 and 17 from Houston looked as good as any offensive players in the state. Houston played hard. Good game.

Edited by Redtwin