Region 6aa

Raider_55

Waverly is doing max-outs this week. Notables are Senior RB,S J.T. Blue (first max-out since his shoulder injury) with 255 on bench and 365 on squat, Senior RB,LB Casey Waggoner with 240 on bench and 475 on squat, Senior WR, OLB J.T. Upchurch with 245 on bench and 465 on squat, and Sophomore OL,DL Josh May with 275 on bench and 415 on squat. Numbers being put up in the weight room by Waverly are very exciting this year. Much higher than those in the past and hopefully that will translate to more success on the field.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well carney thats good that they are on the incline in the weightroom but they have long roads to catch Richland,talking about strong them boys are stout.Richlands line will best in region no doubt.I belive that Camdens road trip to Richland will be a throw out brawl and a great game to watch.I respect Camden the upmost and Waverly,Richland also will bring a crowd to Lewis this year and will prolly have hard feelings with the panthers.

My predictions for final regular season standings are as follows;

1.Richland

2.Lewis or Camden

3.Camden or Lewis

4.UP for grabs,Wavo maybe in the playoffs,depends on Lorreto

Waverly is doing max-outs this week. Notables are Senior RB,S J.T. Blue (first max-out since his shoulder injury) with 255 on bench and 365 on squat, Senior RB,LB Casey Waggoner with 240 on bench and 475 on squat, Senior WR, OLB J.T. Upchurch with 245 on bench and 465 on squat, and Sophomore OL,DL Josh May with 275 on bench and 415 on squat. Numbers being put up in the weight room by Waverly are very exciting this year. Much higher than those in the past and hopefully that will translate to more success on the field.

A buddy of mine you may know Carney, said Josh May got 295 workin out with him. Waverly is getting strong, we all know that. Secondary will have to step up, and i think they can. I also think that the offense is getting developed very well, and as long as they preform like they are capable, Waverly will be a tough team to handle.

Edited by 15 NWTF 08

At end of the yr maxing before summer. richlands gabe rardon put up 305 on the power clean. a 405 bench press a 455 3rep squat and a 365 incline.Richland has 10 guys gettin 225 or more on the power clena they are the strongest in the region.5 over 400 on squat 6 over 300 on bench.they are getting very strong and they stil have summer to go.

• 2 weeks later...

As a coach that faced Lewis Co. in the playoffs last year, I have to say I was impressed with the talent and coaching at that school. They were all very good athletes and are very well coached and disciplined. It was a great game and thank the coaches and administration for allowing us some time after the bus accident.

• 1 month later...

As a coach that faced Lewis Co. in the playoffs last year, I have to say I was impressed with the talent and coaching at that school. They were all very good athletes and are very well coached and disciplined. It was a great game and thank the coaches and administration for allowing us some time after the bus accident.

Well that is very much appreciated. I still can't believe we lost that one. But oh well I've gotta say "what if" about something for the next 45 years. And that will be it. What If I'd only done this? , What if he'd only done that? Well it was a good game anyway. I believe the Panthers will be a good team this year. They are being overlooked a little bit considering we won the Region last year and didn't really lose all that much. Still got the best player coming back in Chris Hatton. But thats how Coach Sharp likes it anyway. Go Panthers!

Welcome to the second year of the new region 6AA. I would like to start off by saying congratulations to Camden and Richland for representing the region so well in the playoffs. It seemed to be a rude awakening for the rich boys in Nashville to split with those "hillbillies" than cannot play football as well as they do.

1.Lewis County- The game played in Camden on October 28 decided the championship for the region. Despite the bitter cold and also coming in as a huge Underdog, Lewis County took the Region crown. Chris Hatton and Ryan Greve are the leaders of this very talented team. Both are returning starters and look to run all over the region. Chuck Dodson and Chris Odom will shock everyone they play. Both give their body and soul to play the game. The team overall is very talented I cannot think of a skill position that is not stacked with talent. The line could be the only problem, and good coaching will take care of that. I still think the Championship will be played on 28th of October in Lewis County but the other two spots will be up for grabs.

2.Camden- After a big disapointment in the region Camden manned up and went three more games in the playoffs, which showed loads and loads of heart. I see Byron Boyd making opposing defenses look slow. He along with his fellow teamates will be a force to be dealt with. Bryce Wilbanks was a remarkable athlete for the Lions. I see him as the biggest loss for them. I remember alot of tackles and big plays that changed the outlook of the game. The hopes and dreams rely on the offensive line and the legs of Byron Boyd. I see a good playoff run for this team also.

3.Loretto- All of the playoff talk is kind of sad whenever you cannot mention the Mustangs.Loretto lost their only playmakers in the tight end and Mark Lamn. Buttrum will likely take over in the quarterback position and the running back Gordon will be a All-Region player for them.The returning line is the strong point and the anchor of the wins this season. DO NOT underestimate this team, this is why I pick them as third. I see alot of surprises from this team.

4.Richland-Richland COULD be the biggest surprise in the entire region. Rumor has it that Diaz moved to California, if this is true..... I cannot see them having the best season. I see Pickett becoming the region's best quarterback. I also see him as a great leader for his team. I put them as fourth, because he has yet to to do these things after being the starting quarterback for two previous years. He crumpled under pressure against Lewis County. He threw 4 interceptions; three of them were taken back for TD's.The other was picked off right at the goaline, saving a Richland touchdown.

Notables- These teams have potential to take the 3rd and 4th spots.

Waverly- Almost a shoe in for 4th if it was not for the inconsistancy of the last year's team.

Stewart County- Wow alot of talent coming back from last year. Look out Richland.

Riverside- Always a highway for talent, I am sure they are someone in the dark ready to bust loose.

Adamsville- Can possibly make it to the playoffs if they replace a great running back.