D1 Select in Mid TN

deathvalley5

yeah the problem with 22 players is playing time because if parents are paying for their kids to play and they don't that kid might leave go to another team

It seems like there really aren't many teams out there to go to, though. I think we've all established that TNFC's 90 team is the best D1 team in the state ( and possibly the world! :lol: ) but what other D1 teams are available? Is Brentwood DI or DII? What about Xtreme or MSC? I or II?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Death Valley, There is a good team out of Knoxville, KFC Arsenal. They play with a lot of heart and intensity. They have also had a good off season. They did lose two players to TNFC, but they have picked up some quality players. Look for this year to be a tough state championship.

It seems like there really aren't many teams out there to go to, though. I think we've all established that TNFC's 90 team is the best D1 team in the state ( and possibly the world! :lol: ) but what other D1 teams are available? Is Brentwood DI or DII? What about Xtreme or MSC? I or II?

well if you tryout and dont make there team they also have a B team that is also D1

Death Valley, There is a good team out of Knoxville, KFC Arsenal. They play with a lot of heart and intensity. They have also had a good off season. They did lose two players to TNFC, but they have picked up some quality players. Look for this year to be a tough state championship.

How do coaches and players manage practice sessions when they are 3-4 hours away? It might be something we'd be interested in if we thought it was possible to work it out.

How do coaches and players manage practice sessions when they are 3-4 hours away? It might be something we'd be interested in if we thought it was possible to work it out.

That's something you would work out with the coach. Most of those players that are traveling over 2-3 hours, usually make one practice a week, but sometimes that doesn't happen. It's a risk a coach and players are willing to take if players traveling that distance improve your team. That's part of the reason it's so tough to make a team like TNFC, Arsenal, because they don't allow themselves to put lesss than D1 Players on the team. You really have to earn a spot.

Thanks for the information, and thanks for not trashing me completely for asking a legitimate question.

I am seriously only trying to find a very competitive team to play for -- no hidden agenda, no axes to grind, no pots to stir.

if you truly belive you can play at that level you should tryout with more than one d1 team, you should come away with a better understanding of what it takes an you might suprise yourself, i dont understand why kids who dont try out can give any feedback on this type of subject, at this point in your soccer life you must know if you are able to make an impact or not ,nothing venture nothing gained

our TNFC 90 roster is pretty set right now, but thats no reason not to try out. We actually have 3 90 teams now, if im not mistaken. We should do extremely well this year in state and regionals, with all the new players weve picked up, and gettin back some from injury.

Edited by LHSa08