E town

highcountry_40

Tonight I watched the districts at E town. I only have one thing to say after staying quiet all season. SHAME ON YOU E TOWN. I expected much better than the unsportman like preformance that I saw. Bad calls and scraming by your fans where out of line. I backed you last year but this wasn't right.

Where is E-Town? Which school playes there?

Elizabethton is E-town. I was just a little upset when I posted that but it is true. Their coaching staff should have called their fans down but instead they let them disrupt the matches. The disrespect for other teams have me wondering why I even go up there. It just amazed me how many times I saw bad calls. Where was the TSSAA and why didn't they have something to say when this was going on? Makes you wonder. OH well the big e lost my respect and worst of all they lost a loyal fan.

Heard Milligan College wasn't too happy about the Cox outburst after the match...

From Rick Sheek's STAR article:

If Johnson County's James Cox was trying to play mind games with Seth Wallingford, the Elizabethton junior didn't let the antics get to him.

After dropping the first set 6-3, Wallingford rallied to win the next two 6-3, 6-4 on Thursday evening in the District 1-A/AA tennis quarterfinals at Elizabethton High School.

"It was very long," Wallingford said. "A lot of deuce games. He hit unbelievably, and so I just had to stay with him throughout the match.

"There was some controversy, but you can't let that throw you off. You just have to keep pushing, and believe that you're always right. I didn't let that throw me off. I just had to keep pushing, but he put up a great fight."

The second-seeded Cox, whose only losses this year have been to Curtis Brumit, raced to an early 5-1 lead in taking that first set. After Wallingford had evened it up to force that third set, Cox disputed a call.

The players couldn't get the matter resolved, and after Elizabethton coach Danny O'Quinn and Johnson County coach Steve Nave conferred a line judge was assigned to the match.

Wallingford led 2-1 at that stage and increased his advantage to 4-2, when Cox battled back to tie it at 4. Wallingford then put it away as Cox flung his racquet around the court after the match.

This is Matt Hill from the Mountain City Tomahawk. I had to come on here and clear my name. I am not High Country 40 and I don't know who that is. I was wrongly accused by somebody of starting this topic and it was not me. Everybody knows my login is Dukie and if you look back, it's been a long time since I posted. Though I'm in Cox's corner, I have been friends with Seth's dad for a long time and would not post anything blatant on him or anybody else. I want my name cleared for this. I do see where people would think this is me, but I promise it's not.

Matt Hill

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• hey goat! how’s monterey looking this year?! 
    • several people actually. they said “snoball, do you know who railbird81 is on coacht?” I said, “never heard of her.” they said, “you ought to check it out they’re getting fired up on there like the old days.” well, you can imagine my disappointment when I came here expecting sharp, witty banter and all i found was more akin to toddlers slap fighting. and what looks like 1 guy/gal talking to themselves with multiple accounts.
    • Shopping? His family is loaded and he's 6'6 I'm pretty sure he could start anywhere in upper East TN,So no need to shop. Word is Witten got caught trying to work him out on campus and some 7 on 7 while playing athletics for Sullivan East. Word got around pretty quick and Someone turned them into TSSAA.
    • Quick update on Jacob -  Jacob celebrated his 16th birthday at Vanderbilt on Tuesday and has been in decent spirits.  His sense of humor has begun to show as he was visited by many friends.  He is swallowing a lot better now and has eaten some of his favorites (Chik-Fil-A and Five Guys).   He is getting prepared to head to Atlanta to the Shepherd Center first thing tomorrow morning.  His family has been waiting on insurance approval. In case you dont know the Shepherd Center it a world class facility and supposedly one of the best in the country for spinal injury rehab.  Praying for perfect results there. Considering the circumstances, Jacob is in decent spirits.  He has some reflexive movement in his legs which I think is probably a very positive sign.  Don't read too much into that just yet as there is no telling what the real prognosis is... just hopeful that is good thing.  I am really just happy that it seems like he has a punchers chance of getting something back.  He is a strong young man and very determined so I think he will fight as hard as he can in physical therapy while down in Atlanta. More than one of you has asked me about an address to send donations.  I know GoFundMe isn't for everyone.  If you want to go that route, you can make a check to "Blackman Wrestling Club" and we will pass anything received directly to the Kinderdines.   Jacob Kinderdine c/o Blackman Wrestling 4836 Trevino Court Murfreesboro, TN  37128 Also, want to thank everyone who has donated so far.  Jacobs dad will take a month off work and stay in Atlanta with him.  They need to learn how to take care of him and do home therapy work..... and surely Jacob will be glad his dad can be there.  All that could not happen without you all.  Depending on what happens, they will probably end up doing some home remodeling in order to accommodate Jacob at their home.  Thanks again. Here's a pic I lifted from Facebook of Jacob on Oxy talking to his Uncle.  LOL        
    • How many wins can the jackets pull of next year ?? What kind of offense will they being going to!? Also heard 2 or 3 kids maybe going to friendship ?