District Standings

soccer4life

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you are talking about AAA... the News Sentinel has this, but I don't know how accurate it is.

FARRAGUT

MARYVILLE

BEARDEN

LENOIR CITY

SEVIER COUNTY

SOUTH-DOYLE

WILLIAM BLOUNT

HERITAGE

I think the LC Sevier county ranking is switched, but they play each other in the first round.

I assume you are talking about AAA... the News Sentinel has this, but I don't know how accurate it is.

FARRAGUT

MARYVILLE

BEARDEN

LENOIR CITY

SEVIER COUNTY

SOUTH-DOYLE

WILLIAM BLOUNT

HERITAGE

I think the LC Sevier county ranking is switched, but they play each other in the first round.

Hey BigG! Nice win over the Admirals on Senior Night. Now there's a great memory for my man Davis and your other seniors!

I am sure the earlier poster must have meant A/AA Region 2,District 4 where the real Knoxville power teams are this year, CAK and Knox Catholic! :)

Given the performances of the top teams in A/AA---including CCS (2-0-2), Notre Dame (2-2-0), CAK ( 2-1-2)and Knox Catholic (4-0-0)--- against AAA this year, it will be interesting to see if the overall rankings fairly reflect their success, or whether the usual AAA bias will prevail. If preseason counted it would be even more tilted because Catholic was 4-0-1 preseason v. Farragut (1 win, 1 tie) , Bearden, Lenoir City and Science Hill. It's been a good year for A/AA in Tennessee. :) I wonder if the Redmond 11 will reflect that success.

By the way, do you know the match-ups for A/AA Region 2, District 4? Good luck to the Warriors this week. I hope to see Round 2 of the Battle for Cedar Bluff next Friday---hopefully at Catholic!

Be careful about the A/AA vs. AAA comparisons. It's the same as any team playing a Southeastern Conference School in college sports. A/AA teams gear up for these games all year. AAA teams look at these games as breathers from the grind of the rest of their schedule.

I totally disagree with this statement. Science Hill was pumped up to play us this season, and I know that Farragut didn't take us lightly. We may be A/AA, but I would seriously doubt that the AAA teams view us as "breathers". Are we stronger than AAA? As a whole, of course not, but don't cheapen some great victories.

I agree with parts of both of ya'll. Most A/AA teams compared to the AAA teams do not compared. However, the top A/AA teams are not "breathers", in fact if we go there to play CAK, Notre Dame, or Knox Catholic: I'm thinking dang this is going to be a tough game, we better be ready to play right from the first whistle.

However, with A/AA public schools most, if not all (I don't know about the west) are consider "breathers" by a lot of players on AAA teams. There usually teams right outside where you are and to be completely honest have only 2 or possibly 3 good players.

"breathers" may not have been the right term, but the AAA teams view these games as an "escape" from their district games and games vs. the traditional rivals. It may look like they are ready to play. But they haven't put the same thought and mental preparation into these games as the A/AA teams do.

A/AA players and coaches don't like hearing this, but it is true. Mentally, AAA teams aren't at their best these games.

A good college football example is Georgia vs. West Virginia in the last Sugar Bowl. Noone thinks WV is better than Georgia, even after they won the game. They were fired up to play, while Georgia players, who hadn't ever heard of West Virginia football, didn't mentally show up 100%.

so it is going to be

farragut vs. heritage

maryville vs. william blount

bearden vs. south doyle

lenior city vs. sevier county

my predictions of advancement are farragut, maryville, bearden, and i am leaning toward sevier county, but i think this could be a toss up.

this would then set up the next round like this:

Farragut vs. sevier county

maryville vs. bearden

i think Farragut and Bearden will advance for the championship match.

is this set-up right? (not the predictions of course).