Who will win the NL Central

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice how he isnt now though! :lol:

Plus when he worked for him before, the Yankees didnt have all the high priced egos!

True...but you take a look at how hard it is to work for "the Boss"...Torre will be gone after this season(I think his contract is up)..the only reason he has been around this long is because it would have been crazy to get rid of him, they have had some confrontations of the years.

• 5 weeks later...

PrestonWilson belts a two-run shot to put the Cards up in the top of the ninth today at Washington and then Izzy gives it back in the bottom half....

How many games does he have to lose for the Cards to do something about him????....

He has what 9...10 blown saves this year?????.....

Adios Izzy, it's time for a new closer in Tha Lou!!!!!

Albert does it to Lidge again.

Talk about owning someone. I got disgusted and went to bed, I forgot to check to see who was due up in the bottom of the 9th.

The Cards, Reds, and Astros all have 18 games left and the Cards hold 5 and 7 game leads respectively. Most seasons, I'd not be worried, but with the way the Cards have played, you still can't tell. I would love a win today to knock the last bit of life out of Houston and keep them out of the playoffs guaranteed.

And based on pitching, I'm hoping the Giants somehow win this wild card.

Talk about owning someone. I got disgusted and went to bed, I forgot to check to see who was due up in the bottom of the 9th.

The Cards, Reds, and Astros all have 18 games left and the Cards hold 5 and 7 game leads respectively. Most seasons, I'd not be worried, but with the way the Cards have played, you still can't tell. I would love a win today to knock the last bit of life out of Houston and keep them out of the playoffs guaranteed.

And based on pitching, I'm hoping the Giants somehow win this wild card.

Cardinals will win division comfortably, the division like the rest of NL is terrible. Carpenter and Suppan have pitched pretty well, but unless they get healthy and get more pitching they will make a first or second round exit from playoffs. But you never know, if you get there and get hot at right time, who knows--as Jim Carey would say "So you're saying there's a chance".

Cardinals will win division comfortably, the division like the rest of NL is terrible. Carpenter and Suppan have pitched pretty well, but unless they get healthy and get more pitching they will make a first or second round exit from playoffs. But you never know, if you get there and get hot at right time, who knows--as Jim Carey would say "So you're saying there's a chance".

I trust Carp and Suppan, but that is it. The other three guys, who the heck knows what you will get from them.

The NL is so weak this year that they actuallty have a decent chance to make the Series. I feel like an idiot saying that, but it is true.

Getting Edmonds and Eck back healthy would be huge for the psyche element if nothing else. I don't know, I've seen stranger things, but I'm trying not to get too emotionally attached to the idea of an October run.

I trust Carp and Suppan, but that is it. The other three guys, who the heck knows what you will get from them.

The NL is so weak this year that they actuallty have a decent chance to make the Series. I feel like an idiot saying that, but it is true.

Getting Edmonds and Eck back healthy would be huge for the psyche element if nothing else. I don't know, I've seen stranger things, but I'm trying not to get too emotionally attached to the idea of an October run.

Got to make it past the Mets to get to the series, but anything is possible when October rolls around!

Got to make the playoffs first...2.5 game lead going into the last week of the season....