GVILLE AND CTOWN

Well....I see a couple of Gville fans have made their way on here to eat that crow. But where is the rest of them. All I heard for 47 pages is how Gville was going to win this year!!! What happened in tonights game? Come on now Tiger fans. What happened? Oh, that's right, you had three turnovers. Guess what, that is football. Hold on to the ball or know your reads and don't throw into coverage. Surely, after all these pages you have some other excuse.

Recap...Gordonsville played a good first half. SC was in a defense that was getting tore up by the Givlle offense, but make no mistake, it was corrected and SC won in a route. I can't remember but one firstdown in the second half by the Tigers. Total domination in second half.

Come on "I Love HS FB" quit rubbin it in!!! How many people ended up at the game? I want a head count!!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was not closer than the final score. These teams play ten times, the final score spread is that bad or possibly worse 9 of those games. Just the difference in programs top to bottom.

I'd like to see the total yards for both teams in each half. Then I think you'll see the game was closer than the score.

By the way, except for a couple of mistakes, it should've been 21-7 at halftime, and with the opening kickoff return, if it had been taken all the way, 28 points.but that's football.

G- ville killed themselves with a few mistakes and got outcoached in the second half. Definately, the game was closer than the score.

Allin, do you have something against giving g-ville any credit at all.

I'd like to see the total yards for both teams in each half. Then I think you'll see the game was closer than the score.

By the way, except for a couple of mistakes, it should've been 21-7 at halftime, and with the opening kickoff return, if it had been taken all the way, 28 points.but that's football.

G- ville killed themselves with a few mistakes and got outcoached in the second half. Definately, the game was closer than the score.

Allin, do you have something against giving g-ville any credit at all.

I'll give Gordonsville credit where it is due, They did have the ball inside SC's 10 two times without getting points. But that is football. That is why you play the game. The kitties should have scored atleast 14 points. The other, they got stopped. Plain and simple. And, you don't include the SC mistakes, looking through those rose colored glasses again.

Croz, What does total yards have to do with anything? Do you get points for that?Excuses from your side abound as always. Both sides made quite a few mistakes. It was said before your post, should, coulda, wouldas don't count at all. Gordonsville doesn't have the speed that Smith County has and that was the reason the kickoff return didn't go all the way, Davenport ran him down, making up about a 8 yard head start. I could say if these two teams played again Gville would be shut down completely, just like they were in the second half. But the Tigers fought valiantly, like always, for a while. Then were STOMPED(for you swing) and swept away by the Owls. In case you forgot, the Owls had the Tigers beat deep a couple of more times and couldn't hook up for the score. Had an 80 yard TD run called back because of a slight lean by a RB. That wasn't called in the Smith Co./Catholic the week before, but could've been "closer" if it had been. Catholic used quite a bit of motion in the backfield. Catholic had a much better team two Friday nights ago. Smith County was much better than Gordonsville, too.

Refer to my last post if you didn't see the credit I gave your team. As if you need my applause. You might want to ask yourself if you gave the Owls the credit they deserve, but that doesn't really matter now does it. Your problem is, like mine at times, you can't see anything but the positives when the negatives are much much more prevelent. Good Luck to the Tigers in 1A the rest of the season. Hope you all win every football game you play, until of course, your drilling at the hands of the Owls next season.

It was all luck this time. I'll never do it again, I just thought it was funny. Here you go though.

Smith County - 42

Jackson County - 6

JC will be so happy just to score like G-ville was, they will get a celebration penalty, and miss the extra point. I think the Blue Devils will come out with some fire about em', new coach and all, but they still wont put up much of a fight. I wish them the best this season though, and their coach good luck in turning that program around.

Jackson Co. will not score :lol:

Croz, What does total yards have to do with anything? Do you get points for that?Excuses from your side abound as always. Both sides made quite a few mistakes. It was said before your post, should, coulda, wouldas don't count at all. Gordonsville doesn't have the speed that Smith County has and that was the reason the kickoff return didn't go all the way, Davenport ran him down, making up about a 8 yard head start. I could say if these two teams played again Gville would be shut down completely, just like they were in the second half. But the Tigers fought valiantly, like always, for a while. Then were STOMPED(for you swing) and swept away by the Owls. In case you forgot, the Owls had the Tigers beat deep a couple of more times and couldn't hook up for the score. Had an 80 yard TD run called back because of a slight lean by a RB. That wasn't called in the Smith Co./Catholic the week before, but could've been "closer" if it had been. Catholic used quite a bit of motion in the backfield. Catholic had a much better team two Friday nights ago. Smith County was much better than Gordonsville, too.

Refer to my last post if you didn't see the credit I gave your team. As if you need my applause. You might want to ask yourself if you gave the Owls the credit they deserve, but that doesn't really matter now does it. Your problem is, like mine at times, you can't see anything but the positives when the negatives are much much more prevelent. Good Luck to the Tigers in 1A the rest of the season. Hope you all win every football game you play, until of course, your drilling at the hands of the Owls next season.

I wasn't making excuses. Gordonsville was killed by their mistakes, and I did say that was football.

If you had looked at some of my other posts, you would have seen that I gave SC credit. I also mentioned they outcoached G-ville in the second half. and SC has great players, and everyone knows it.

As far as the TD run being called back, that doesn't matter, because I believe Tez made up for that on the very next play.

As far a G-ville getting beat deep, I told people next to me that night that SC would keep doing it until they got it. Actually, I would have threw deep a whole lot more.

As far as total yards, I was using that saying it was a better game than the score. I believe most considered it to be a good game for the most part.

If I wasn't clear giving credit to SC before, they have a great team.

You need to look at some of my posts on other threads. I picked SC to be a surprise team in 2A. Personally, I'd love to see them play Alcoa, because that would be who they would have to beat to win it all.

Gordonsville was killed by their mistakes, SC wasn't. That is one of the keys to football.

All I was saying that if a couple of plays went a little bit different, it COULD'VE been a different ballgame.

Also, the way I see it, you can't make excuses for defeat.

I'll tell you what though, G-ville's players could sure hit hard after the whistle and out of bounds.

Most undisciplined G-ville team I've seen in a long, long time. :ph34r:

That was called a few times, and I know one was bogus.

You're right about the discipline, though. The past two years have been awful as far as discipline. However, this year is a little bit better than last year.

I have a little poem for all the G-ville Fans

I used to be a Tiger

My mood was often "FOWL",

From Losing to Smith County

So now I am an OWL!!!!!!!

Great game Smith County. To all the Seniors Way to go. All four years of your high school career you have beaten the Tigers. I am proud of all of you. Keep up the good work and keep improving every week.