D1, D2 coach of the year?

LXFAN

I personally think Adam Little has done a whale of a job over at Ravenwood. I have seen Coach Kemp, Coach Dent, and even Coach Bloom lose it for a minute here or there. It happens to every coach, don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise. I'm sure if he could do it over again, he might tone it down a little but either way I don't see one minute worth of conduct factoring into the decision at all. I also think the coach at Houston needs to be commended for putting together a much improved squad. You also have a hard time arguing against John Harvey in his first year as a varsity coach at MBA. One good thing that is apparent is the obvious improvement in coaching across the board that has led to a much improved and much more balanced level of play in TN.

Well we are definitly on the same level, you are right about Harvey too. He has done a great job this year, any thoughts on D2?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well first off, i definitely dont think the coach from franklin should get it for D2, because when we played them, he complained at our managers when they were doing the clock, when we were playing them at their field so they should have been responsible for that. I think that the ravenwood coach has done really well with taking a d2 team to d1 and doing so well, but i think the coach of the year should have better conduct, even though he may have only messed up a few times. schools like mcallie, mba, mus, webb, usn, all have coaches with great conduct, and i probably left a few out. i think if mccallie wins state again, troy kemp will and should get coach of the year.

To MiniShields, I am a Franklin LAX fan and just wanted to clear up your misunderstanding of the clock issue you described. Your are correct about the clock being addressed, but it was by someone else on the sidelines and not the head coach. Just want people to have the facts.

To MiniShields, I am a Franklin LAX fan and just wanted to clear up your misunderstanding of the clock issue you described. Your are correct about the clock being addressed, but it was by someone else on the sidelines and not the head coach. Just want people to have the facts.

my bad

I know that this is a bit biased, but Kurt Snider of Cookeville deserves at least an honorable mention if anything. He took a team that was 1-11 last year to a team that actually had a winning record. We even beat Franklin, who is apparently favored to win state in D2. The team did not have a single senior. The 1 senior that was on the team quit mid season. We lost to PJP last year. That is how bad it was, and this year we were actually a contender for the playoffs. A botched game against West Knox in double OT kept us out. A team with a 2-8 record made it before us. The man did a great job. The Franklin coach had a playoff team from last year. Kurt had the 2nd worst team from last year. Just keep that in mind.

I know that this is a bit biased, but Kurt Snider of Cookeville deserves at least an honorable mention if anything. He took a team that was 1-11 last year to a team that actually had a winning record. We even beat Franklin, who is apparently favored to win state in D2. The team did not have a single senior. The 1 senior that was on the team quit mid season. We lost to PJP last year. That is how bad it was, and this year we were actually a contender for the playoffs. A botched game against West Knox in double OT kept us out. A team with a 2-8 record made it before us. The man did a great job. The Franklin coach had a playoff team from last year. Kurt had the 2nd worst team from last year. Just keep that in mind.

yall deff. deserve some respect but i want to clear up the fact Franklin's record last year was not that much better than yalls that year they jus put it together in the wild card. This year Franklin is a completly different team. Last year their team had at least 3 fights and was called for game misconduct almost every game for yelling at the reffs, and this year they have their mouths shut and play clean but still physical. Yall know where my vote goes....

yall deff. deserve some respect but i want to clear up the fact Franklin's record last year was not that much better than yalls that year they jus put it together in the wild card. This year Franklin is a completly different team. Last year their team had at least 3 fights and was called for game misconduct almost every game for yelling at the reffs, and this year they have their mouths shut and play clean but still physical. Yall know where my vote goes....

Different team? I believe ya'll lost 2 seniors....

Different team? I believe ya'll lost 2 seniors....

Its not who Franklin lost, its about the mental change in play and how their game has improved physically and mentally. Yes the players won the games the players did the work, but the coach showed them way and made ground rules obviously for this team. Thats why you see the sportsmanship on the field, and the organization in the game. That is what a GREAT coach does, and thats why Hirsch deserves this award.