What 13U teams will be in the State?

I guess now that 13u state is all over when its said and done the TN Bearcats are probably one of the best teams in MIDDLE TN is not THE best even though they did lose to Thunder but placed higher than they did.

When looking at who can be more succesful in Nationals you gotta believe they'll be better off but you never know. Like I posted before I dont have a horse in this race, I really enjoy watching them play.

Did the Clarksville Stars win any games in State? How come AAU replaced a team?

Based on all of the posts i have read. It appears all of the teams in one pool had the same record. The Bearcats, Young Vols and Thunder. They all lost to each other. I am not sure how the Bearcats would be the best in Middle Tennesse if they lost to the Thunder. The thunder led the entire game. I am not sure how the Bearcats would be more succesful in a National tournament. The Clarksville Stars struggled the entire tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thunder has two scorers and a scorer/shotblocker in the inside,and they all can rebound. I am a highschool scout and I've seen the bearcats,ellite,young vols,stallions,stars,and both wareagles and i guarantee you know one in the 13& under state can compete with the thunder's inside game. However, I agree they have selvish gaurds with a pasion. If they fix some minor ereas they mihgt not only be a top competitor in the state, they might surprise a few people in the Div.2 nationals.

The thunder does seem to have 2 main scorers, but allot of their points are from defense. The kid with the braids scores alot in transition, the point guard as well. The kid in the middle scores in half court and transition. The big shot blocker scores from put backs...The last time i watched them they had another big kid inside, and also a new perimeter player i had not seen.. I think they will do well in the Nationals because of their defense. The kids play hard nosed defense that smothers teams... The last time i watched them, i did not notice selfish guard play..I think all of the Tn teams will do well in the Nationals. The Stallions, War Eagles, Bearcats and young vols.. The 13 division is a strong division from top to bottom...

The Bearcats may be third or fourth just in Middle Tennessee. There are two Clarksville teams that are not bad and the Tennessee Thunder could be the best in Middle Tennessee if they correct some minor things. I've seen them play twice and selfish guard play almost cost them both times. They have three big men that are hard to stop if the ball is fed down to them. The other problem is that they have a good-hearted coach that seems to be more of a big kid that plays around with them instead of that hard stern coach that a team like this needs. With some minor guard and coaching adjustments, the Tennessee Thunder could be the sleeper in the State Tournament.

What Clarksville teams are good ? I have not heard of any Clarksville team besides the Stars. The Stars did not seem to be that good. Is there another Clarksville team that is good ? Did the Thunder correct their problems ? Is the Thunder still playing ?

What Clarksville teams are good ? I have not heard of any Clarksville team besides the Stars. The Stars did not seem to be that good. Is there another Clarksville team that is good ? Did the Thunder correct their problems ? Is the Thunder still playing ?

The Stars were the best team in Clarksville this year. The Middle TN Magic formerly Clarksville Magic seem to not have it this year. Not sure if competition is catchinh up with them or what but expect them to come back with a venegence next year. The TN Thunder had a couple good guards and a solid big man down low.

• 3 weeks later...

The thunder does seem to have 2 main scorers, but allot of their points are from defense. The kid with the braids scores alot in transition, the point guard as well. The kid in the middle scores in half court and transition. The big shot blocker scores from put backs...The last time i watched them they had another big kid inside, and also a new perimeter player i had not seen.. I think they will do well in the Nationals because of their defense. The kids play hard nosed defense that smothers teams... The last time i watched them, i did not notice selfish guard play..I think all of the Tn teams will do well in the Nationals. The Stallions, War Eagles, Bearcats and young vols.. The 13 division is a strong division from top to bottom...

Does anyone know how the Tn. Thunder or Bearcats did in the National tournament?13U

Does anyone know how the Tn. Thunder or Bearcats did in the National tournament?13U

The Thunder finished 11th in Div. II.

The Bearcats went 2 and 1 in pool play and then lost their first game in bracket play. They then won two games in bracket play prior to being eliminated.

I believe that the Memphis Stallions were the highest placing TN team in Div. I. They finished 10th.

Edited by Driven

The Thunder finished 11th in Div. II.

The Bearcats went 2 and 1 in pool play and then lost their first game in bracket play. They then won two games in bracket play prior to being eliminated.

I believe that the Memphis Stallions were the highest placing TN team in Div. I. They finished 10th.

Based on the website it seems the Thunder had a very good tournament. They reached the final eight. They won all of their pool play games and then won several close games after that. They were one win away from reaching the final four. The Stallions did very well as always. They did very well in pool play and then won some good games. :lol: They had the opportunity to place 6th. Congratulations to the Stallions and the Thunder.

Based on the website it seems the Thunder had a very good tournament. They reached the final eight. They won all of their pool play games and then won several close games after that. They were one win away from reaching the final four. The Stallions did very well as always. They did very well in pool play and then won some good games. :thumb: They had the opportunity to place 6th. Congratulations to the Stallions and the Thunder.

Job well done to the Stallions and Thunder. I heard that the point guard for the Thunder had tape on his finger the entire tournament, the shooter for the stallions hurt his leg and did not play. Does anyone know what happened to them ? I wonder how well the teams would have done if they did not have injuries. What happened to the Young Vols,Elite and Clarksville Stars, they did not play in the Nationals. Are there anymore tournaments for 13 under ? I know the 12 and 14 nationals will be starting soon. Tenn should do very well in the 14 age group based on the State tournaments. If the top teams in 13 in the Nashville or Clarksville area are still playing, please post the tournament information and who is playing. I know it is early but what team is going to be the team to beat for next year.