Band and Football

TG24

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyway that someone could do band and football? Has anyone ever heard of this before?

I know a guy from Smith County marched and played on the football team, and not just for homecoming or senior night. He did it every game for I know at least two years. And this was last year and the year before. And I don't know what grade he's in, but he could have some time left. I can only remember seeing him for the past two years, but he might've been there before that. And if I remember correctly, Smith County has another guy who does that. But I know at least one.

Is there anyway that someone could do band and football? Has anyone ever heard of this before?

When I was a junior there was a football player for McMinn County that also marched with the clarinet section, but that was back in '97. The TSSAA could've changed alot of rules by then, and schools could do the same. Ask your guidance counselor if it's permissable. Some schools won't allow you to do that. Some do.

i am here as an account of this happening!!! we have a tuba player who is on varsity football and in marching band. he doesnt march during halftime. and missed about 30 mins of out thursday practices.

I am a varsity football player and drummer at CBHS. we dont march for football but we have a pep band, which i dont play in during football season, but i do play in pep band for basketball. we have a seperate marching band type thing called historic band though, where certain people who want to be in it dress up in civil war style clothing and march, usually in the veterans day parade. But doing both football and band really conflicts the two schedules, and I sometimes miss private drum lessons, on wednesdays, for football.

id go with playin....it would get u in better shape and its more fun

I'm guessing you meant playing football, and if you did, I'd agree. Although some would argue that playing an instrument is something you'll still be doing and enjoying 40 years from now (that is if you choose), and while there is truth to that side of it, I'd still choose football.