Band and Football

TG24

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing you meant playing football, and if you did, I'd agree. Although some would argue that playing an instrument is something you'll still be doing and enjoying 40 years from now (that is if you choose), and while there is truth to that side of it, I'd still choose football.

yes i was talkin about football..just because theres nothin like it

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We had a guy who did both, except that he didn't play in the band during Friday night football games, but did in competitions. Somehow he found a way to juggle both practices. He was an awesome trumpet player and an awesome football player, too. You might be able to check into being able to play in competitions, but also play football on Friday nights! Good luck with your decision.

This season, as in the past several seasons, Peabody has about 10 young men who play football and perform in the marching band.....a testament to a coach and band director who work together as well as tremendous dedication put forth by the guys who do it......I don't know how they manage, but they do. They are under a lot of pressure from their peers, coaches and band directors as they are expected to give 100% to both activities. The band players do not perform at away games, however, but they change into a clean jersey and remove their pads for home game halftime shows. They travel with the band and perform at all contests, and they are a valuable assest to both programs. We are fortunate to belong to a school whose goal it is to develop well-rounded students and integrate pride in their school as a "team"...encompassing all of their activities together - not seperate entities.

P.S. PEabody won their game against USJ (14-13) last night in part because our kicker made both of our field goals, something USJ was unable to do to tie the game......our kicker is also a band captain and a member of our percussion section. :thumb: