Problem Solved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, like the two ACC signing football players McCallie has had the last two years, from North Carolina, and the starting DE at Tennessee this past season, from McCallie, from Atlanta. If you want to talk Division I, look at Boyd-Buchanan and Temple, college-bound athletes, or already playing in college, coming from across the Georgia state line.

Edited by Indian

Yes, like the two ACC signing football players McCallie has had the last two years, from North Carolina.

Boarding schools aside, what about the comments on this board about the non-boarding schools getting kids from all over the country (e.g., the allegation that FRA had six kids from Texas - with the parents still living in Texas - on its state title football team in the early 90s)?

If you want to talk Division I, look at Boyd-Buchanan and Temple, college-bound athletes, or already playing in college, coming from across the Georgia state line.

Different animal. Georgia kids going to Chattanooga privates, or Mississippi kids going to Memphis privates, is not what we're talking about here, given those cities' locations relative to state lines.

The blanket statements that have occurred on this board about Tennessee private schools' national recruiting endeavors, boarding schools and border schools notwithstanding, are ludicrous, and even the most ardent anti-private supporters would have a hard time looking themselves in the mirror and telling themsleves they truly believe this occurs.

Different animal. Georgia kids going to Chattanooga privates, or Mississippi kids going to Memphis privates, is not what we're talking about here, given those cities' locations relative to state lines.

The blanket statements that have occurred on this board about Tennessee private schools' national recruiting endeavors, boarding schools and border schools notwithstanding, are ludicrous, and even the most ardent anti-private supporters would have a hard time looking themselves in the mirror and telling themsleves they truly believe this occurs.

The problem with Division I schools with players from across state lines is that they're competing with schools who don't have access to such additional students, whether they're athletes or scholars who will help raise average scores at the school. I've never heard of a player living in another state going to Lookout Valley in Chattanooga. It's a lot closer to a small town in Georgia that's been great to Temple than Temple is.

The problem with Division I schools with players from across state lines is that they're competing with schools who don't have access to such additional students, whether they're athletes or scholars who will help raise average scores at the school. I've never heard of a player living in another state going to Lookout Valley in Chattanooga. It's a lot closer to a small town in Georgia that's been great to Temple than Temple is.

Agreed, but I don't think we can deem Georgia kids attending Temple as "national recruiting", even if LVHS is closer to these students than Temple is, given Georgia's proximity to Chattanooga.

As it relates to a city like Chattanooga, saying that the privates get kids from Georgia is nice fodder to paint a picture of the privates extending their reach to other states, but there are GA kids attending private schools in Chattanooga that live closer to their schools than some of their Tennessee classmates attending the private schools.

My guess is that the anti-privates in Chattanooga are equally as upset about the kids that travel 10 or 15 miles from Georgia to attend private school in Tennessee as they are the Tennessee kids that travel 10 or 15 miles to attend the same Tennessee privates. Adding the "Georgia/other state" tag just adds more deviousness to the argument.