All State

KoLax33

caver had a really impressive game against ravenwood in the semifinal game, and im sure that if he had played like that all season he would have gotten something. I was a little suprised to see alex barnes getting higher then , carver, kay, and myself. I'm not saying he isn't good goalie just that he didn't seem to have a nearly as much of an impressive season then kay, carver, myself and even jason daniels from MUS. I know that you can't judge a player based solely on stats, but even so he did not even have that great of stats. But I geuss we'll just see next season. What grade is Henry Kay in?

henrys a senior

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to the high school lacrosse scene and i face off. I was at the mccallie christian brothers game and it seemed to me that mccallie won almost every face off so why is the christian brothers guy first... just wondering

The C.B.H.S. guy won 230 face-offs and lost only 39. Thats worthy of 1st team.

Edited by franchi$e98

MBA's goalie was definatly worthy of some sort of recognition i would have to say that Carver is better than both kay and abernathy i have said this once and i'll say it again i do not believe that kay was an all state condtender this year and his team just made him look good i think that any goalie that steps in for MBA McCallie MUS or maybe even Ravenwood is going to look good just based off of the good shots that their defense gives them. I definatly think that barnes was worthy of 1st team he is the best all around goalie in the state and i think that the coaches recognized that as for MBA's goalie...he was done wrong and was definatly worthy of second team...by the was what grade is he in

caver had a really impressive game against ravenwood in the semifinal game, and im sure that if he had played like that all season he would have gotten something. I was a little suprised to see alex barnes getting higher then , carver, kay, and myself. I'm not saying he isn't good goalie just that he didn't seem to have a nearly as much of an impressive season then kay, carver, myself and even jason daniels from MUS. I know that you can't judge a player based solely on stats, but even so he did not even have that great of stats. But I geuss we'll just see next season. What grade is Henry Kay in?

This is strictly my opinion but I think its very bold for Abernathy to rank himself anywhere near Carver Morgan and Henry Kay, much less put himself ahead of Barnes. Barnes was good and will be better next year. Regardless that there is some questioning on whether he is first team all state or not, he's still good and he's better than Abernathy.

Barnes deserved the all 1st team all state honor because of his excellent athletic talent. His ability to come through big in games is worth far more than numbers in a stat book that can often be misinterpreted. Congrats to all the all state winners and good luck to all the seniors leaving us this year.

This is Henry Kay, and honestly, i think everyone needs to stop freaking out about this. Everyone who has seen an MBA game knows that Carver Morgan is an OUTSTANDING goalie. He really stepped up to make a big name for himself this year and honestly i was very surprised to see that he was not included in the all-state selection. As for Harris Abernathy, You cannot say that he is not a solid goalie. He IS Webb's defense, and is very strong in and out of the crease(with over 250 saves this year). And alex barnes has done and incredible job of leading a team in their first year of d2 to the d1 semifinals. All of these things show that these guys have been great leaders and have done a very good job this year. There is, in my opinion, no need to be insulting those who have worked hard to earn their all-state selection.

How can you tell the 2nd Team All-State goalie he is stepping over the line by critiquing the other main goalies in the state? Regardless of what he thinks, every other coach in the state kinda ranked him in all those places you said he shouldn't, near Carver and Kay, so I dunno why you would say that to him. Just kinda got to me the amount of respect you show to the guy who singlehandedly kept Webb in every single game.

While not recognizing the Morgan for all-state was a complete disaster. I think that the bigger snub from MBA could be their creaseman Witherspoon. He and Cahill were that entire settled offense for MBA, and his ability to find open space made him the toughest creaseman to guard on any team we played against. I also find it interesting that the two MVP's of the title game received no all-state recognition while five players(1 less than MBA) from USN (a school that did even compete in the playoffs) were recognized. I played both teams and they are not even comparable. I hope that next these kind of mistakes will not be made while making all-state selections.

I'm new to the high school lacrosse scene and i face off. I was at the mccallie christian brothers game and it seemed to me that mccallie won almost every face off so why is the christian brothers guy first... just wondering

Actually, at the McCallie/CBHS game, CBHS's face-off man (Nolan Vihlen) came out on top of McCallie's face-off man (Will Bible) winning 9 of the 15 faces (9-15). The reason that it seemed Vihlen didn't do as well is because after winning the faces, we would make stupid mistakes and wind up turning the ball over (or McCallie would just play great D, whichever). I will admit, Bible is a great face-off man, and definatly deserving of an all-state selection, but if you look at the stats (as I think someone has already pointed out) it's clear that Vihlen should be 1st team.

Vihlen - #1 in the state for face-off wins (230)

Not on the top 10 list for losses (39)

Bible - #3 in the state for face-off wins (143)

#6 in the state for losses (65)