High School Drug Screen

eaglesin08

You are very wrong about that. If you were even half right, a coach could never kick a player off a team for any reason.

I know it is very costly to test players, but I think a randon test would be the best way to go. An I can garrentee that it will be in the new future that the TSSAA implements a program.

Years ago the military used to have 100% give a sample but only tested 10-15% tested at random, the rest were dumped. The school or coach could elect to have any player tested. But I think it would be wrong to put this program on the coaches shoulders.

You are right about college players, heck if UT tested, the program would be an even bigger disapointment IMO.

You are right about UT

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if kids knew when the drug tests were coming all the cleansing pills and drinks they have now would pass them. that is why they should go with random.

but does a coach have to send a form that has to be signed by player and parent to drug test? or can they just drug test anyone with no warning?

if kids knew when the drug tests were coming all the cleansing pills and drinks they have now would pass them. that is why they should go with random.

but does a coach have to send a form that has to be signed by player and parent to drug test? or can they just drug test anyone with no warning?

To Ole Dad, UT is no worse than any other D1 school IMO, but that is also sad. The people who in charge, Univ. Pres, Admin, AD's and coaches and many alumni turn their heads or put them in the sand until the money stops. The ones you read about are only the ones who were caught in public. You want to see some, not all, UT athletes, go over to Cumberland Ave or in some of the local establishments at 2-3 AM. Even during the week nights. The only actions going on is damage control rather than good ole' fashioned displine. Heck if coaches would use displine and convince those young people playing ball at the D1 level it is privilege and opportunity, there would be less trouble. UT is not even officially practicing and they are dismissing players.

To ILOVEYOU111: I can tell you for a fact, if the right test is used, a person can try to clean their system with anything and it won't work. A friend of mine in the military says testing a person’s hair the best and the military kicks people out for drugs every day.

Drug testing should begin before the play-offs and any kid found to be "Juiced" should be dismissed from the team IMO.

FB,

You are correct and the coaches tell me that the days are over where the players get by with a lifestyle different than the expectations. That is why they are now being dismissed. It is a privledge to play there or anywhere else on scholarship and they are making that known.....now. I think we are seeing changes there and at many other schools whose fans are fed up.

Ole Dad

To Ole Dad, UT is no worse than any other D1 school IMO, but that is also sad. The people who in charge, Univ. Pres, Admin, AD's and coaches and many alumni turn their heads or put them in the sand until the money stops. The ones you read about are only the ones who were caught in public. You want to see some, not all, UT athletes, go over to Cumberland Ave or in some of the local establishments at 2-3 AM. Even during the week nights. The only actions going on is damage control rather than good ole' fashioned displine. Heck if coaches would use displine and convince those young people playing ball at the D1 level it is privilege and opportunity, there would be less trouble. UT is not even officially practicing and they are dismissing players. To ILOVEYOU111: I can tell you for a fact, if the right test is used, a person can try to clean their system with anything and it won't work. A friend of mine in the military says testing a person’s hair the best and the military kicks people out for drugs every day.

Drug testing should begin before the play-offs and any kid found to be "Juiced" should be dismissed from the team IMO.

Wing,

With all due respect your comments are hogwash. You don't know crap about what they find, discipline internally and/or choose to ignore. This is just sound bites from people that are Vol haters. Every school has their problem players and coaches. The ones you choose to write about are typically the ones you dispise..(not you personally...just people in general) if you have specific information...I'm sure we would all like to hear it...otherwise it's just slander.

Ole Dad

It is a problem at UT and they ignore it (for the most part).

Wing,

I don't dispute there is a problem there and at every other place where people use drugs....I think they are trying to focus on their problems like lots of other colleges and I think they can make huge improvements...I hope so anyway.

Thanks,

Ole Dad

You have admiited yourself that there is a problem and the coaches are dealing with it. There is a problem and I hope you are right about UT making changes.

Why would you need to test anyone other than athletes...I mean i know steroids give a big advantage to those forensics kids but i mean gah.

My comments about teachers and school admin. being held to the same standard were based on testing for drugs other than steriods. The testing for steriods should be included with other drugs, IMO. I personally, can vouch for the during and "after" effects of steriods. Looking at me today, you would know that in my early 20's I experienced with steriods for about 8 months. I can assure everyone, the side effects, during and after usage, are not worth the gain. 20 yrs later I still feel the "after" effects. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!