QB needed

Oak Ridger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People forget the purpose of a scrimmage, especially a Stanton Stevens scrimmage. Lot's of combinations of young players were used at Bearden, trying to find out which are the best 5-7 lineman on the team. I'm sure by the time August gets here and the best guys are plugged in and get all the reps, they'll know their assignments. This is not a situation unique to OR right now, lots of teams look less than excellent in the trenches at this point.

People forget the purpose of a scrimmage, especially a Stanton Stevens scrimmage. Lot's of combinations of young players were used at Bearden, trying to find out which are the best 5-7 lineman on the team. I'm sure by the time August gets here and the best guys are plugged in and get all the reps, they'll know their assignments. This is not a situation unique to OR right now, lots of teams look less than excellent in the trenches at this point.

Yes....will improve between now and game time

I like to look at it as just 'annoucing an opportunity' for a qualified young man to excell.

Now if they offer a REALLY well paying job for the Dad and a house to go along with it.......that may be pushing it. :lol:

If nothing else it may get some kid that is walking the halls the motivation it takes to actually come out and play with the 'BIG' boys.

Now an offer for unlimited FREE RIBS every week would be recruiting. :)

Seriously, it IS a shot for a good kid to play in a GREAT program that wants to keep winning.

LOD, you would firgure out a way to re-enroll in high school for an Unlimited Free Ribs offer, wouldn't you?!? :lol:

How's the Clone doing? Has he decided what he's doing in the Fall? Good luck to him! :)

One thing about ole Nick...he never pulls punches. This spring he has taken shots at the OL and WRs. Are the RBs and how they are coached next for Orlando's fury. The QBs????? maybe the water girls????

Sorry I have not had the chance to evaluate the hydration engineers yet.

Our RBs will only be as good as our offensive line. Our QB depends on the WRs. I know this is only spring and I expect them to be alot better come August. But our offensive line should be able to blow Bearden off the ball all night long. Last spring Cumberland Co. whipped us up and down the field and we were in the Blue Cross bowl at the end of the season. I hope for similar results this season. Getting physically beat on the field is one thing. Getting beat because your players don't know their assignments is another.

Fullback will probably be Kevin Summers, played quite a bit last year. especially when Leonard B was hurt or in the doghouse. If Kevin Helton can stay out of the dog house he will play TB too. Don't forget about Tre Smith and Brandon Jones, they can carry the rock. Coach wants to try to get 3 different kids to collectively match the production that Spencer gave us.