USA vs. Morocco

BigG

You are right. Onyewu's strength is his size, not his speed, and he did seem a step behind the Moroccan forwards. I think it's safe to say the whole team could use a little improving. But I think we could double our skill and still not get out of our brutal pool. But that's just my opinion.

Are you joking? If we doubled our talent, we'd win the world cup. Think about how good we'd be if every player was twice as good as they already are.

I like to split hairs.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all of you are overreacting. Look at what the US team has been doing all week in Cary and you'll see why they looked a step slow last night.

Its called fitness work. When you do a ton of it immediately before games your side tends to struggle until you get your legs back under you.

Frankly I see the US improving dramatically over the next 3 games as they will only have light workouts and be focusing more on skills and team development in practice rather than running themselves ragged.

Looking at the way Morocco played how can anyone blame the US for lacking their usual attacking ferver? Frankly when the opponents forwards are spend most of their time in their own half its hard to break them down and players like Donovan and Beasley, who like to use their speed and vision on the break, tend to be negated.

Morocco came out with a gameplan to play it safe and hope for a goal on the counter and they executed well. The US does not have teams in their group that are so defensive minded so look for a completely different air about the US attack in the Cup.

I think all of you are overreacting. Look at what the US team has been doing all week in Cary and you'll see why they looked a step slow last night.

Its called fitness work. When you do a ton of it immediately before games your side tends to struggle until you get your legs back under you.

Frankly I see the US improving dramatically over the next 3 games as they will only have light workouts and be focusing more on skills and team development in practice rather than running themselves ragged.

Looking at the way Morocco played how can anyone blame the US for lacking their usual attacking ferver? Frankly when the opponents forwards are spend most of their time in their own half its hard to break them down and players like Donovan and Beasley, who like to use their speed and vision on the break, tend to be negated.

Morocco came out with a gameplan to play it safe and hope for a goal on the counter and they executed well. The US does not have teams in their group that are so defensive minded so look for a completely different air about the US attack in the Cup.

Agreed

I understand your point, and only time will tell. Nevertheless, they still have kinks to work out, and whats to stop Ghana from executing that same game plan? When you are one of the top 5 teams in the world, you have to beat a team like Morocco.

do you actually believe the fifa's rankin where they have both mexico and usa in the top 10 neither team has proved to be rank in the the top 10 team maybe when they win a world cup they can put them up there

do you actually believe the fifa's rankin where they have both mexico and usa in the top 10 neither team has proved to be rank in the the top 10 team maybe when they win a world cup they can put them up there

If they won the world cup, they would be #1. Furthrmore, it's not about whether I believe it; it's whether or not they can prove it. And they did not prove it last night.

BTW, learn to use some puncuation.

If they won the world cup, they would be #1. Furthrmore, it's not about whether I believe it; it's whether or not they can prove it. And they did not prove it last night.

BTW, learn to use some puncuation.

its a forum not an essay for a teacher. but the sports bar idea sounds like a plan

the game obviously had a bad result, but i dont think it was the nightmare most would think.

the US played well in midfield and defense (barring the brain freeze from cherundelo). mastroeni and donovan played pretty well together i thought, with pablo hanging back to allow donovan to freely go forward. i think i even remember donovan racing back on defense a few times, somewhat surprising. however, he didn't have his best game where it counts for a player like him. his last pass always seemed to be a little off or slow. also, was it just me or did wolff seem invisible most of the game?

biggest disappointment: john o'brien

arena likes him cuz of his experience, but he is definitely rusty after his injury lay-off (his first touch let him down countless times). i think the big stage will inspire him in a few weeks tho.

best performance: mastroeni/convey

i thought mastroeni had a very good game in place of reyna. his passing was efficient and quick almost the entire game. convey brought some new style to the game after halftime with his running and quick crosses. however, he is used to playing in the fast paced game in england, where the world cup will be drastically slower paced.

especially after a sucker punch like the team got last night, they will be more aware that possession acounts for little at the end of a game. they will have to take their chances better, especially johnson/donovan. creativity was the big issue against morocco....a problem usually coinciding with a simple "off-game"