Knox Catholic v. CAK Round 4

Hoya

Congratulations to CAK and Knox Catholic on getting to play one last time this season! With a win, a loss and a tie each, this one truly is for all the marbles. Nobody wants to lose their last game of the season.

BigG, you know you guys are my second favorite team and I certainly feel moved to wish you good luck. But,.... the Irish are the team I want to end your long, long run.

So, good luck to the Warriors and MUCH BETTER LUCK to the Fightin' Irish! Bring the championship home to the right side of Cedar Bluff Road! :lol:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're better off flipping a coin that predicting a winner for this game. I will say that CAK has the advantage having been here three times in a row. Catholic is hot and haven't conceded a goal vs. a solid CCS team and an underrated Dyersburg team. I think in the event of a tie, hoya and G square off..

My prediction: A team from West Knox wins the A/AA title!

Edited by lcsoccer

At least this makes the rest of us in your region feel pretty good about ourselves. Just kidding, great job to both teams, this just speaks volumes for two great programs who are class acts and "do it" the right way. Good luck to both, I have seen all 3 games and have no idea who pulls this one out. In any event I can't wait to see it. Representing the East!!!

It will be an amazing game and good luck to both teams. I think the game will end up coming down to the final few minutes but I think that Catholic will pull ahead and win, the score will be low so maybe 1-0 or 2-1. Either way the game will be phenomenol and I wish Pigeon Forge would have made it so that we could atleast watch the game. Best of luck to both CAK and Catholic and may the best team win.

It will be an amazing game and good luck to both teams. I think the game will end up coming down to the final few minutes but I think that Catholic will pull ahead and win, the score will be low so maybe 1-0 or 2-1. Either way the game will be phenomenol and I wish Pigeon Forge would have made it so that we could atleast watch the game. Best of luck to both CAK and Catholic and may the best team win.

1-0 CAK

I think in the event of a tie, hoya and G square off..

My prediction: A team from West Knox wins the A/AA title!

I don't think that even you and I together could take Hoya. (Although we could hit him and run away... no CHANCE of him catching us.)

Great prediction, as well!

After watching a confident, well-coached CAK handle a youthful, nervous CSAS squad and noting Catholic's win, a discussion ensued about W Knoxville soccer dominance. Of course the Diadora Impact factor was mentioned. All of which leads to this question for Hoya: Whatever happened to Igor?

Can't believe I won't be able to watch all three final games in the stadium. I expect it to be rocking this Saturday.

BTW, check the schedule these teams had this year. Obviously, tough schedules make for tougher teams. I'm hoping CSAS's coach is on the phone next week begging G for an oppertunity to come and play next year. We lose only two seniors off the back, but need to figure out early who's going to step up and lead next year. {Good grief, I'm already posting about next year.}

Edited by sportdude

After watching a confident, well-coached CAK handle a youthful, nervous CSAS squad and noting Catholic's win, a discussion ensued about W Knoxville soccer dominance. Of course the Diadora Impact factor was mentioned.

I would say the Knoxville Fire(U18 state champs) probably have as much or more to do with it as the Impact(U17 state champs), which is now the Nike Impact, btw. Then there are the Stars and the Crush, which are also worthy, as well as the (U17 Division 2 state champs) the Fusion.

As a Kingston soccer dad, I only wish we didn't have to play CAK and Catholic to get out of our little 8 team district. I think we've had the state champ for the last 5 years now including this one, but I'm not sure.

Anyway...Who is the "Public School" State Champion?

G, you and the Irish are just going to settle this to the bitter end, aren't ya? I really think you've got the Mojo "cooking" at one of the convienent stores out on Cedar Bluff. I'm sure you will say the word "Farragut" at your banquet, but this baby carries hardware with it. Given that your boys know what it looks like already, that alone puts you in the Hot Seat. I can honestly see the team that scores first might actually be a deterient for them, any let down and the other team will pounce. :lol: Know this, Kaz is betting CAK. Now I know that isn't going to send shock waves throughout the state, but if I'm right then we will all have to admit they are the standard by which we all hope to reach. Championships, Class, Respected, Clean, and, right now, untouchable! Good luck, G!

:lol: Kaz :thumb:

After watching a confident, well-coached CAK handle a youthful, nervous CSAS squad and noting Catholic's win, a discussion ensued about W Knoxville soccer dominance. Of course the Diadora Impact factor was mentioned. All of which leads to this question for Hoya: Whatever happened to Igor?

Can't believe I won't be able to watch all three final games in the stadium. I expect it to be rocking this Saturday.

BTW, check the schedule these teams had this year. Obviously, tough schedules make for tougher teams. I'm hoping CSAS's coach is on the phone next week begging G for an oppertunity to come and play next year. We lose only two seniors off the back, but need to figure out early who's going to step up and lead next year. {Good grief, I'm already posting about next year.}

Hey sportdude.

"Whatever happened to Igor?"

This is one great story. Igor and his family, as most of the Chattanooga folks already know, was a refugee from the violence in the Balkans. He had numerous moves in Europe, to Florida and ultimately to Ooltewah during his early teens. After working his butt off to combine his junior and senior years at Central so he could graduate "on time" with English being his third or fourth language, he enrolled at King with Mitch, Michael and Evan, his teammates from the Impact. He redshirted his freshman year to get his academics in order and last fall became a starter for the Tornado as a redshirt freshman. He was named All-Conference in his first season. In addition, he and his entire family became US citizens at a ceremony I was priviledged to attend in Knoxville US District Court on March 10th of this year. If you've never been to a citizenship ceremony, go. It was one of the most moving events I have ever seen and a great reminder of how special this country really is. Finally, on a sadder note, Igor became lcsoccer's roommate after Evan left King for Maryville. It is hard to imagine the patience he must exhibit to get through that trauma, but all lives cannot have totally smooth sailing. :thumb:

lc, you know I'm only kidding! :lol: