CAK Class A/AA STATE CHAMPS

timbdp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate Davis scored the goal for CAK. Congratulations boys! 4 Time State Champs! Go Warriors!

It is hard to be happy with a loss, but, given a loss is what happened, I couldn't be happier for anyone than I am for Mr. Davis. Nathan, my old friend, congratulations! :thumb:

Congratulations Warriors. I will admit that i had my serious doubts about this season after the loss of Brandon Tarr but everyone stepped up and have made alot of people very proud not only for the way you win but by the way you conduct yourself on and off the field. To my adopted athletic family, congrats and ill see you in a couple weeks.

Congrats G, wish I could have made it to watch, but it sounds like the game was awesome and that both teams played hard and well. Thanks to both team for representing our area's soccer so well, showing that having class is not an absent characteristic of the really good teams. Hope we can give you all a run for your money next year. Hats off to both teams on outstanding seasons.

They just posted the game statistics on the TSSAA site once again underlining the similarities between these two teams:

SHOTS: CAK-8, Knoxville Catholic- 12

SAVES: CAK (Drew Gorman-6)

Knoxville Catholic- (Joey Derosa-2)

FOULS: CAK-9, Knoxville Catholic-6

CORNER KICKS: CAK-5, Knoxville Catholic-3

GOALS: CAK- Nathan Davis, 32:31

During the season in four games against each other they each scored 3 goals and gave up 3 goals . Overall, during the season CAK scored 78 and gave up 12. Catholic scored 80 and gave up 13. I hope this rivalry (with a couple different results) continues in the future. I'd like to see these two replace Bearden and Farragut as Knoxville's #1 match up. If they both keep beating the Ads and the Dogs like the last couple of seasons, I think it will happen.

Again, G, congrats! You and Nathan looked good on TV at 6pm! I can understand that with Nate, but with you I'm assuming there was smoke and mirrors involved. Oh, the wonders of modern electronics! ;)

Thanks for all of your support. We just got back (our bus didn't have wireless, otherwise...) It was a pleasure meeting CoachT. Thanks for stopping by. I'm going to go home now and sleep for a week. Hoya, your boys played very well, and very hard. Doug Hall, you are an amazing player, and came so close. Keep your heads up, and we look forward to playing you next season.

i know ive read this statement on other topics several times over, but cak and catholic really are about as even as top teams come.

cak controlled most of the tempo for the game because of their early possession advantage. i dont know much about cak and catholic's season/rivalry (having only seen them for the first time today), but it looked like catholic would be just as willing and capable as cak of holding the ball and making them hit on the counter. catholic did pick up the ball more in the second half because of the need for the goal, and even hit the crossbar on a bullet header in the closing minutes.

i was really impressed with number 9 for catholic and numbers 1/7 for cak. the player for catholic won plenty of 50-50 balls in midfield, continually harrassed cak's full backs, and hit the post in the second half from a good through ball. the players i mentioned for cak just seemed genuine all-around players. 7 was especially good at running at defenders and constantly putting them on the backfoot. all the players in this game were very good, these just stuck out to me during the game.

good meeting you today BigG, hope to get to a few more of these knoxville rivalries next spring.