BGA D2 STATE CHAMPS

timbdp

Thats one of the dumbest things Ive ever heard. There is a vast difference between having pride and being arrogant. Having pride and playing for the tradition of your school is great, but playing hard so you can be a jerk to the "little" people is not acceptable in any regard.

I do not think that CBHS players play hard just so they can be jerks, that is absurd.

They are arrogant, but they earned that arrogance, and now they have to prove themselves before they are arrogant again. (even though they played a great game).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The only way to stop Adriano from scoring is to turn off the stadium lights" -Claudio Ranieri after his team was defeated by Inter Milan 5-1

"I can see in the dark, too" -Adriano

Arrogance is a part of soccer, and fans love it.

Edited by manU721

Congrats to BGA. Dare I say that Division 2 was a tougher braket than AAA... I think so esp. when we beat Bearden earlier this season and BGA and CBHS beat us. I have been in Spring Fling for 4 years and i think this year's Division 2 bracket was the toughest i have ever seen. 7 quality teams. To CBHS, they will be back next year and i expect them to roll. They return a lot of players and BGA loses their playmakers (Wade, Bristol, and Dustin).

"The only way to stop Adriano from scoring is to turn off the stadium lights" -Claudio Ranieri after his team was defeated by Inter Milan 5-1

"I can see in the dark, too" -Adriano

Arrogance is a part of soccer, and fans love it.

We'll simply have to agree to disagree.

But that comment has a humorous element to it, not strictly an arrogant tone. I wouldn't consider that an "arrogant" mind frame. Arrogance, to me, boils down to rubbing success in people's nose. There's a HUGE difference between confidence and arrogance.

I've known plenty of grade A players that are NOT arrogant. Those are the ones I respect.

Every practice, every game all season leads up to the ONE game that matters. Your record, your statistics, and your ranking don't mean squatt come tournament day. By the time that day arrives every team must attempt to overcome their injuries, the hype, the heat, the officiating, the fans, and on and on. At the end of that tournament the team that is best able to overcome it all perseveres and is called CHAMPION.

Some may believe CBHS played harder, had more talent, and outplayed BGA, but it was BGA that pulled it ALL together, it was BGA that persevered, and it is BGA that deserves and carries the DII STATE CHAMPION title.

Every practice, every game all season leads up to the ONE game that matters. Your record, your statistics, and your ranking don't mean squatt come tournament day. By the time that day arrives every team must attempt to overcome their injuries, the hype, the heat, the officiating, the fans, and on and on. At the end of that tournament the team that is best able to overcome it all perseveres and is called CHAMPION.

Some may believe CBHS played harder, had more talent, and outplayed BGA, but it was BGA that pulled it ALL together, it was BGA that persevered, and it is BGA that deserves and carries the DII STATE CHAMPION title.

Very well said. Can I use that?

I love how everyone keeps saying that BGA was outplayed. I don't think so. CBHS was playing from behind the entire game. They did control the flanks, but that has always been the weakest part of BGA's game. They were unable to come down the middle and get good shots. The only good shot they had came from about 40 yards out. Instead they kept taking the ball down the wing and crossing it in. This is how they got their two goals.

Also, it is important that people don't confuse arrogance and confidence. Being confident is very important in any sport. If, deep in your mind, you already know that you are going to win then as a player you can come out, play your game, and win.

Arrogance, however, is taking that confidence and going public. It is not needed in sports. It has no use except to belittle ones opponent and brag over victory.

I believe that many of the CBHS players were confident. They played very hard and fought for every second of the game. From what I have heard, I think that their coach was arrogant. Something that probably got into the head of some of Brothers' younger players.

P.S.

Earlier on some topic somewhere, I saw where a Brothers supporter was making excuses for only beating MBA in P.K.'s. He said that it doesn't matter how the game went because "good teams find ways to win". In light of recent events, I will have to agree.

I love how everyone keeps saying that BGA was outplayed. I don't think so. CBHS was playing from behind the entire game. They did control the flanks, but that has always been the weakest part of BGA's game. They were unable to come down the middle and get good shots. The only good shot they had came from about 40 yards out. Instead they kept taking the ball down the wing and crossing it in. This is how they got their two goals.

Also, it is important that people don't confuse arrogance and confidence. Being confident is very important in any sport. If, deep in your mind, you already know that you are going to win then as a player you can come out, play your game, and win.

Arrogance, however, is taking that confidence and going public. It is not needed in sports. It has no use except to belittle ones opponent and brag over victory.

I believe that many of the CBHS players were confident. They played very hard and fought for every second of the game. From what I have heard, I think that their coach was arrogant. Something that probably got into the head of some of Brothers' younger players.

P.S.

Earlier on some topic somewhere, I saw where a Brothers supporter was making excuses for only beating MBA in P.K.'s. He said that it doesn't matter how the game went because "good teams find ways to win". In light of recent events, I will have to agree.

well said. i saw on here somewhere that the cbhs coach complained that pk's was the wrong way to settle it. and i agree with dr.phil, i never saw one complaint about pk's being the wrong way to settle it from him after the MBA game.

Well, I never thought I would ever say this but congrats to BGA. As much as I hate them, I am glad to see them bring the state title home to middle TN. Middle Tn is the only place the D2 state title should be. And about the game, I thought both teams played hard but the "BETTER TEAM FOUND A WAY TO WIN." BGA is the Better and thats a fact. They are the ones with the rings. The didn't choke in the finals like Brother did 2 YEARS IN A ROW. Brothers, that is a hard way to lose and my heart goes out to that 8th pk shooter, but someone needs to talk to that arrogant, ignorant little coach of yours. He just tries to belittle teams. He thinks his team is so much better than everyone elses. Well their not. They only had one loss this year and it came in the state final. Doesn't feel to good coach lima does it. HEY LIMA, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE YOU SAY IT, TRY TO USE SOME COMMON SENSE, IF YOU HAVE ANY AT ALL, I HEARD IT HELPS!

P.S. BGA, Good job, but I wont be this nice next year. I'll be back to my old self.

Edited by R.O.B.

HEY LIMA, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE YOU SAY IT, TRY TO USE SOME COMMON SENSE, IF YOU HAVE ANY AT ALL, I HEARD IT HELPS!

were you not the one that was talking about Father Ryan and how they have an 'iron curtain' and were going to win state again?

i am not sure, but i believe that was you.

tin-man, weren't you the one who thought being arrogant was a good trait?

im not for sure, but i think that was you.

R.O.B. for once said something complimentary and rightly so. you're obviously on the CBHS bandwagon which is fine, but the arrogant statement was hilarious. the only person arrogant on that team was the coach. and as you can see, arrogant people get what they deserve(2 straight final berths w/o a ring). i still think CBHS is a great team but BGA(as stated by midtnsportsfan)was the team that perservered.

"good teams find a way to win".....