BGA D2 STATE CHAMPS

timbdp

tin-man, weren't you the one who thought being arrogant was a good trait?

im not for sure, but i think that was you.

R.O.B. for once said something complimentary and rightly so. you're obviously on the CBHS bandwagon which is fine, but the arrogant statement was hilarious. the only person arrogant on that team was the coach. and as you can see, arrogant people get what they deserve(2 straight final berths w/o a ring). i still think CBHS is a great team but BGA(as stated by midtnsportsfan)was the team that perservered.

"good teams find a way to win".....

well sorta..

i said arrogance is a good trait for sports; and still believe so. It pushes the players to play up to their mouth (or coaches); i personally am under the belief that the coach of CBHS is just that confident in his players that it becomes arrogance. I think that is a great trait, to think that your team is good enough to beat any opponent and then do just that for every game until the very last one of the season. The last game that they played very well and (in my opinion) were unlucky; even so, the game lasted til' a pk shoot-out where they lost.

'on the CBHS bandwagon' whoa!! i said that CBHS would win state after i saw them play Bearden a long long time ago, if anything i started the wagon, so please do not try and pull that little stunt.

I found it sad that CBHS works so hard and cannot produce in the final game for 2 years now.

no one doubted the 'goodness' of BGA.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played in this game. I was hurt and came back just for this game and actually was the BGA player who ended up with the red card. I dont like all this bashing of CBHS. THey deserved all the hype they got and they definataley, other than their coach, didnt act cocky or arrogant on the field. They played and acted like gentlemen despite all the poor calls going both ways

I agree, Taylor. Despite the fact that I had just won a state championship and was elated, I felt very bad for Brothers. They played very hard and with more class than other teams I have played (cough Ryan cough). They continued to play their game, even while they were down, and fought back twice. Their honor, sportsmanship, and class is something that many other teams could and should aspire to match.

couldnt agree more. CBHS was the best team we played all season by far and they deserved to win just as much as we did. i do, however, think their coach could have been more sportsmanlike but the team itself was very respectful. i got kicked in the leg by a CBHS defender(#12 i think) causing me to miss the remainder of the game with a pulled hamstring, and even though everyone(myself included) knew it wasnt his fault, he still apologized and came over to see if i was ok.

you guys were an incredible team and played a great game.

I love how everyone keeps saying that BGA was outplayed. I don't think so. CBHS was playing from behind the entire game. They did control the flanks, but that has always been the weakest part of BGA's game. They were unable to come down the middle and get good shots. The only good shot they had came from about 40 yards out. Instead they kept taking the ball down the wing and crossing it in. This is how they got their two goals.

Also, it is important that people don't confuse arrogance and confidence. Being confident is very important in any sport. If, deep in your mind, you already know that you are going to win then as a player you can come out, play your game, and win.

Arrogance, however, is taking that confidence and going public. It is not needed in sports. It has no use except to belittle ones opponent and brag over victory.

I believe that many of the CBHS players were confident. They played very hard and fought for every second of the game. From what I have heard, I think that their coach was arrogant. Something that probably got into the head of some of Brothers' younger players.

P.S.

Earlier on some topic somewhere, I saw where a Brothers supporter was making excuses for only beating MBA in P.K.'s. He said that it doesn't matter how the game went because "good teams find ways to win". In light of recent events, I will have to agree.

I agree, and they were even down a man on a stupid tackle by an outside mid, very late and very dumb

I agree, and they were even down a man on a stupid tackle by an outside mid, very late and very dumb

it wasnt a "very dumb" challenge. it wasnt studs up like everyone is saying and there was no intent to hurt the player. he simply went for the ball but instead tripped the player up. i can see a yellow card but the red was wayy to harsh.

I talked to many neutral fans and they all said the Bros. had the run of play. Granted BGA scored when they had to and are now state champs, but coming from people who don't really care who wins, I take their word for it.

BGA did what they needed to do to win. Possession percentage was won by brothers but the scoreboard is what counts in the end, and nobody can say that BGA sat back and defended the whole game. BGA had been criticized this year and last for not being a "team", but they proved that they were the best team on Saturday. Congratulation to the the team and the coaches for their state championship

and it was by a forward. it wasnt the cleanest thing i have ever done, but i dont think it was worth the red card. i had just been gettin my ancles clipped bad and i was a lil frustrated.....but no excuses i almost lost the game for us

You should have gotten a call on that series, though. The ref lost control of the game right there. I dont th ink it should have been a red either

BGA did what they needed to do to win. Possession percentage was won by brothers but the scoreboard is what counts in the end, and nobody can say that BGA sat back and defended the whole game. BGA had been criticized this year and last for not being a "team", but they proved that they were the best team on Saturday. Congratulation to the the team and the coaches for their state championship

Yeah, Brothers did have the ball alot more than we did. But they held it in the flank around midfield. As far as I'm concerned, they can hold the ball there as long as they want, especially when they were loosing for 70 mins of the game and never in the lead. They led posession, but they really didn't do anything with it. They had no long combined attacks, they didn't really even switch the field that much. Instead they just held the ball and then try to play a ball over the top. Posession doesn't mean that they controlled the game. The fact that they really weren't able to play their great combination game thru the middle is proof of this.