Officiating at Spring Fling

uniden

It was a slide tackle from behind. Not cleats up, there was no intent to injure, the guy didn't even get cleated, he just got tripped up. I thought the play deserved a yellow but a red was not necesary. And the ref was very inconsistant, but at least he was inconsistant evenly. He missed plenty of calls both ways.

On the other hand, I thought the linesman of the game did a very good job. They were always in position and missed very few calls.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, I thought the linesman of the game did a very good job. They were always in position and missed very few calls.

the linesman on the end side, (the one with a little hair) the linesman not close to the concessions and pavilion part, the guy on the other side. He did a terrific job.

i was sitting with the fans, i just love fans, They were yelling at the linesman to ref loosely saying things like "let us play" and "could you call it any tighter?" and then when the ref starts letting things go they yell "come on ref that was a foul" and the such. I love the double standard and the pressure put on refs :)

it has got to be hard in a state final. but anyway overall i thought the center was a little card happy.

I think the officiating for the CBHS vs. BGA was a tremendously bad job of officiating. The center ref had no clue. He is never in the right place to make the best calls. The red card foul called on the BGA player was pathetic. The CBHS players had many more fouls that weren't even a yellow. And the reply of the "spikes up" I was very close and that did not happen.

I wasn't sure about the red-but I think I did count 7 yellows issued to CBHS.

I wasn't sure about the red-but I think I did count 7 yellows issued to CBHS.

Yes, there were many yellows given to CBHS and half should not have been called. The officiating was bad for both sides. I think that the missed offsides by BGA in overtime was what cost CBHS an undefeated season. That was a terrible miss by the bald headed lineman. Does any one review these games???

If not, they should be. That center in the game does a lot of games in the Knoxville area, and whenever he is in the middle- I know the game will be a disaster for someone- or for both teams at the same time. This time it was bad for them both.

Yes, there were many yellows given to CBHS and half should not have been called. The officiating was bad for both sides. I think that the missed offsides by BGA in overtime was what cost CBHS an undefeated season. That was a terrible miss by the bald headed lineman. Does any one review these games???

If not, they should be. That center in the game does a lot of games in the Knoxville area, and whenever he is in the middle- I know the game will be a disaster for someone- or for both teams at the same time. This time it was bad for them both.

Well, if it was bad for both of them, then it evens out! So what's the problem? :)

Seriously though, We should place less blame on the referees. I'm sure there were many opportunities for Brothers to score and they did not convert on those either.

I too thought the center ref during CBHS and BGA game left a bit to be desired. My biggest complaint is the anger he shows at players when he gives them cards, especially the red. It's like it's a personal afront to him that someone commits a foul. What's up with that. I've seen him do it in other games, too.

I think that the missed offsides by BGA in overtime was what cost CBHS an undefeated season. That was a terrible miss by the bald headed lineman.

I was sitting directly behind the linesman on the sideline during the play, and a center back for Brothers held him onside, possibly even for a full second.

"I think that the missed offsides by BGA in overtime was what cost CBHS an undefeated season."

you couldnt be more wrong. first off, he wasnt offsides. as someone already said, there was one last CBHS defender that held him onsides. second, even if he was offsides and the ref missed it that didnt cost them their undefeated season. what costed them their undefeated season was their inability to score. dont get me wrong, CBHS is a really good team but they just couldnt seem to finish. in my opinion, CBHS is a shade shy of a great team. their one flaw proved to be the deciding factor for the title.