So do the results mean that Knoxville Soccer Rules?

rigger101

Looks like the comp in the West Knoxville area proves that it is tops in the state. I would say since the year 2000 that this area has had teams competing and winning state Championships at all levels. (A-AAA, Club etc)

I would think this area has produced more teams in the Championships than any other in the state. Counting Oak Ridge, Lenior City it's been fun to watch.

Congrats to all it's a great place to watch soccer and yes I've seen it in Middle and the tri-cities area.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the comp in the West Knoxville area proves that it is tops in the state. I would say since the year 2000 that this area has had teams competing and winning state Championships at all levels. (A-AAA, Club etc)

I would think this area has produced more teams in the Championships than any other in the state. Counting Oak Ridge, Lenior City it's been fun to watch.

Congrats to all it's a great place to watch soccer and yes I've seen it in Middle and the tri-cities area.

PS

Congrats to the SOCCERDOGS!patch_3id-bulldog_3id.gif

No, i dont think so at all. In the past few years Knoxville has done well in HS 03-04, but Bearden was not the best team this year, not to take away anything from them. I thought they were ok, but not that good. Hendersonville dominated them, but couldnt score. But, that's the way it goes sometimes, the best team doesnt always win it all. Props to Bearden for winning though, all they did was sit back and defend.Knoxville has NOT dominated HS soccer whatsoever ths year.

Club soccer is being almost totally dominated by Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood teams, just look at the list of state champions it is more than 80% nashville area teams across the board boys and girls.

No, i dont think so at all. In the past few years Knoxville has done well in HS 03-04, but Bearden was not the best team this year, not to take away anything from them. I thought they were ok, but not that good. Hendersonville dominated them, but couldnt score. But, that's the way it goes sometimes, the best team doesnt always win it all. Props to Bearden for winning though, all they did was sit back and defend.Knoxville has NOT dominated HS soccer whatsoever ths year.

Club soccer is being almost totally dominated by Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood teams, just look at the list of state champions it is more than 80% nashville area teams across the board boys and girls.

i do believe you have been against Bearden the whole season, anyway Bearden had better chances to score last night, with a ball hitting the cross bar, Rico's break away that he messed up on the dribble and it ended up hitting his heel (haha) and also Rico's header that barely went over the goal.

I do night rememeber any real dangerous plays by H'ville last night. maybe you can point some out because i am drawing a blank :rolleyes:

I do know that Tom Webster played many balls back from the goal line, one of which went to a freshmen (Erin Ackinson spelling?) who stroke it well but wide.

so i am pretty sure Bearden did not sit back playing defense when they had many many great chances for a goal.

I am sorry but Brentwood area? brentwood was beaten by BEARDEN by three points. That is a pretty bad beating.

maybe the own soccer in club soccer, but definitely not in high school.

Edited by Tin-Man

i do believe you have been against Bearden the whole season, anyway Bearden had better chances to score last night, with a ball hitting the cross bar, Rico's break away that he messed up on the dribble and it ended up hitting his heel (haha) and also Rico's header that barely went over the goal.

I do night rememeber any real dangerous plays by H'ville last night. maybe you can point some out because i am drawing a blank :rolleyes:

I do know that Tom Webster played many balls back from the goal line, one of which went to a freshmen (Erin Ackinson spelling?) who stroke it well but wide.

so i am pretty sure Bearden did not sit back playing defense when they had many many great chances for a goal.

I am sorry but Brentwood area? brentwood was beaten by BEARDEN by three points. That is a pretty bad beating.

maybe the own soccer in club soccer, but definitely not in high school.

TIN MAN SHUT UP did you even watch the game last night Bearden sat back on their on 18 with their fingers up their butt waiting for pks. Hendersonville dominated the whole time but their shooting was just terrible.

I believe the Knox area was very strong this year in A/AA and AAA. Upper east TN also was in the mix with Science Hill being very strong this year. I believe a few other teams from that area could of done well at state also, as they gave Bearden, and Farragut all they could handle through out the district, and region tournaments. This year was Knoxville's year, whether you think the best team won or not, the better team last night won. Congrats to all the teams in the tourney.

TIN MAN SHUT UP did you even watch the game last night Bearden sat back on their on 18 with their fingers up their butt waiting for pks. Hendersonville dominated the whole time but their shooting was just terrible.

I wouldnt agree with that assessment either. Bearden simply doesn't play possession soccer like Hendersonville does. They try for the quick score. They had their share of chances last night.

Possession of the ball is only one style of soccer. Bearden has one alot of games by concentrating on defence and quick counter attacks, that too is a style not a sign of a poor or inferior team. Every good coach will play to his teams strengths. Give bearden credit, they played well enough to force the PK's and I understand they did have some good opportunities, just as hendersonville played well and had some opportunities. Don't hate on tin man, the boys gotta represent.

over reaction? are you angry? i just love the caps it really gets your point across

well it sounds like it. Yes, i was there since about 1:30 to watch the CBHS and BGA game. So yes i was there (i was blowing a big red horn alot, maybe you heard it) and i saw what happened, and what i saw was Bearden having many chances and H'ville not having many.

maybe instead of trying to attack me you should try to prove your point with some facts.

Don't hate on tin man, the boys gotta represent.

haha, i have to, its all i can do.

Edited by Tin-Man

I was trying to be nice about Bearden, but they were garbage. They couldnt play with Hendersonville so they sat back like the U.S. national team does. Is the U.S. team better than Portugal 02 team, heck no. Bearden was severely outmatched in the final. A Brentwood player said that it was one of their worst games and many players took tests that day at school and were exhausted, plus Brentwood had injuries. I know you are blind because you are from Bearden but they are not good.

Rico did absolutely nothing... everytime he got the ball it was stolen immediately, just as I said before he isnt good. If they didnt sit 9 inside the 18 box, Hendersonville would have scored 5. Hey, but when you arent nearly as good as a team that is all you can do and hope, right? This is how Greece won the European Championships and they didnt even make the World Cup!

Hey chief, get over it. Life isn't fair. Bearden played the strategy that worked for them. Here's a good life lesson for you: NO EXCUSES!

The FACT is that Bearden did what the had to do to win the game. Were they better team? I don't think so. But as its been said so many times on this board, the better team doesn't always win in this game. You really do need to get over this complex you have with teams playing defensively. Sometimes a team that is overpowered needs to do it.