So do the results mean that Knoxville Soccer Rules?

rigger101

Is that some kind of a joke??? You think Club soccer is being dominated by Nashville? Do you know anything about club soccer? I guess not. Well, maybe I can help you with the actual result of club soccer. Here is a list of the State Championships div 2 for the boys until U13 then div 1 from U14 on: U11 boys champs Crush- Knox. U12 boys champs Little Brasil- Knox. U13 boys champs Memphis Falsons- runner up Impact- knox. U14 boys champs East Ridge- Chattanooga. U15 Boys champs Crush- Knox, runners up Impact- Knox. U16 Boys Champs TNFC.. Hey...finally someone from the Nashville area (the 1st one) runner up Crush- Knox. U17 Boys Champs- Impact Knox. U18 Boys Champs TNFC (2nd Nashville team) U19 Boys Champs Fire- Knoxville. That's 5 champions from Knoxville and 3 runner up's. 2 champions from Nashville 4 runner up's. Compete with Knoxville...YES. Dominate??? Just looks at the results!!!

Good Stats. So i was right most of the top soccer in TN has been coming out of Knoxville. Looks like knoxville owns the spring sports.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't really know why you knoxvillians felt like starting a war with the rest of the state :lol: . last year, two of the three titles were in middle tn and we didn't come back to rub it in your faces. not only that, but 3 out of the 4 finalists in those two divisions were middle tn and the other was from the west. i don't even pay attention to the a/aa because they can just give that trophy to cak at the beginning of the season and save them some trouble. if you wanna go way back then i won't argue with you because there have been more titles in the knoxville area, but it'd be foolish to think that will happen again, for any part of the state. there is so much talent across the state now that it seems likely that one area won't have a stronghold in any division. the best teams from each region are so evenly matched nowadays that it really depends on who shows up to play and gets a little lucky.

so middle tn got lucky one year. wow. knoxville area has dominated soccer for awhile. atleast from what i have seen. what 2 national champions in the last 6 years came fomr knoxville. and came from what 9 miles from eachother. yeah i guess christian brothers did it this year. maybe the final polls aint out yet. but still knoxville area has dominated in soccer in atleast the last 6 years.

i don't really know why you knoxvillians felt like starting a war with the rest of the state :lol: . last year, two of the three titles were in middle tn and we didn't come back to rub it in your faces. not only that, but 3 out of the 4 finalists in those two divisions were middle tn and the other was from the west. i don't even pay attention to the a/aa because they can just give that trophy to cak at the beginning of the season and save them some trouble. if you wanna go way back then i won't argue with you because there have been more titles in the knoxville area, but it'd be foolish to think that will happen again, for any part of the state. there is so much talent across the state now that it seems likely that one area won't have a stronghold in any division. the best teams from each region are so evenly matched nowadays that it really depends on who shows up to play and gets a little lucky.

"Knoxvillians" in general aren't participating in this flaming. Knoxvillians who've been around soccer longer than the average poster on this website remember back to the days when Knoxville was completely last in the state in player development and team success. Knoxville's rise has been within the last 10 years or so and has much to do with the development of clubs like NIKE Impact, Smoky Mountain and a few other programs like the old Warriors teams. Knoxville is now holding its own with Memphis, Nashville and Chattanooga and it has been fortunate to have a glut of talent over the last few years. Time's will change and it will swing back west. I'm just glad Knoxville is a player now.

Oh yea, and that business about handing the A/AA trophy to CAK every year---that's about to end and almost did this year. Hopefully, it won't go far, but it's going to go. Gotta think positive, BigG.

Edited by hoya75

Oh yea, and that business about handing the A/AA trophy to CAK every year---that's about to end and almost did this year. Hopefully, it won't go far, but it's going to go. Gotta think positive, BigG.

I totally understand... the minute that we think they should just hand it to us, is the minute you should come over and beat us on the head. Like I said on the news, we were 2 inches from being 2nd. Both teams were so even, and so strong. I think your Catholic boys will give it a great run again next season.

As far as the Knoxvillians, please don't lump us all together as being arrogant or cocky. I have a lot of respect for teams across the state, and I know that we were only one goal away from losing it to CPA, so we know that we were fortunate. Powershifts do happen, and while I like to dream, it will happen in A/AA (but hopefully no more than a mile or two, right Hoya?!)

I totally understand... the minute that we think they should just hand it to us, is the minute you should come over and beat us on the head. Like I said on the news, we were 2 inches from being 2nd. Both teams were so even, and so strong. I think your Catholic boys will give it a great run again next season.

As far as the Knoxvillians, please don't lump us all together as being arrogant or cocky. I have a lot of respect for teams across the state, and I know that we were only one goal away from losing it to CPA, so we know that we were fortunate. Powershifts do happen, and while I like to dream, it will happen in A/AA (but hopefully no more than a mile or two, right Hoya?!)

See now, what a nice post. It almost makes me feel bad for wishing 2nd place on the Warriors.

But, it doesn't! :lol:

:):(:):) BigG, you need to kidnap me sometime so I can get up towards Knox and see some CAK, Catholic and whoever else soccer.

But of course, I hope it'll be a little more than a mile or two (my math abilites struggle as I try to figure out how far it is from West Knox towards Lookout Mountain.

Good Stats. So i was right most of the top soccer in TN has been coming out of Knoxville. Looks like knoxville owns the spring sports.

The only 2 teams in recent years to even get out of their bracket at regionals have been TNFC 90 and TNFC 88 and a few on the girls side has progressed from their bracket too. 90s got to the semifinal, and 88 got to the final. TNFC 89 was at regionals too, but they did not do well. Knoxville teams get smacked at regionals for the most part. The best of Tennessee is from middle.

The only 2 teams in recent years to even get out of their bracket at regionals have been TNFC 90 and TNFC 88 and a few on the girls side has progressed from their bracket too. 90s got to the semifinal, and 88 got to the final. TNFC 89 was at regionals too, but they did not do well. Knoxville teams get smacked at regionals for the most part. The best of Tennessee is from middle.

What a convincing argument.. I imagine you are from the Middle part of TN..Who do you play for? Liverpool didn't do too bad at regionals last year after winning state. They went 1-1-1 in a tough group. They beat the Alabama state champs, tied a really good South Texas state champion, and lost to the staaacked NC state champ (CASL) believed to be one of the best teams in the country. No they didn't advance, they lost on tie breakers to the Texas team but i wouldn't call that being "smacked

What a convincing argument.. I imagine you are from the Middle part of TN..Who do you play for? Liverpool didn't do too bad at regionals last year after winning state. They went 1-1-1 in a tough group. They beat the Alabama state champs, tied a really good South Texas state champion, and lost to the staaacked NC state champ (CASL) believed to be one of the best teams in the country. No they didn't advance, they lost on tie breakers to the Texas team but i wouldn't call that being "smacked

here's a convincing arguement for you:

you guys kinda got "smacked" around in the region 3 premier league. 5-0 to GSA phoenix, 4-1 to CESA premier and the big 11-1 loss to CRSC Carolina select. now i know these are all good, solid teams but dont say you didnt get "smacked" when really, it was worse than smacking. you won one game and it was due to the other team forfeiting. at least TUSC(who may i remind you is from the middle) tied Tulsa SC 3-3 who made it to nationals.

"They beat the Alabama state champs"....congrats, we all know how good AL soccer is......

fact is, the two best teams in TN history are from the middle(TNFC 88 and 90). TNFC 89 won state. so really liverpool was the only knoxville team to compete at regionals.

middle TN soccer is better, hows that for an arguement?