So do the results mean that Knoxville Soccer Rules?

rigger101

No, i dont think so at all. In the past few years Knoxville has done well in HS 03-04, but Bearden was not the best team this year, not to take away anything from them. I thought they were ok, but not that good. Hendersonville dominated them, but couldnt score. But, that's the way it goes sometimes, the best team doesnt always win it all. Props to Bearden for winning though, all they did was sit back and defend.Knoxville has NOT dominated HS soccer whatsoever ths year.

Club soccer is being almost totally dominated by Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood teams, just look at the list of state champions it is more than 80% nashville area teams across the board boys and girls.

I don't know about the girls side of club soccer, but East tn took home 3 state champs on the boys side at D-1 last year. 87 Fire, 89 Diadora, and 91 Liverpool all came home with championship titles. Middle tn does have some good teams and as I said in an earlier post somewhere, TN soccer is on the rise.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to be nice about Bearden, but they were garbage. They couldnt play with Hendersonville so they sat back like the U.S. national team does. Is the U.S. team better than Portugal 02 team, heck no. Bearden was severely outmatched in the final. A Brentwood player said that it was one of their worst games and many players took tests that day at school and were exhausted, plus Brentwood had injuries. I know you are blind because you are from Bearden but they are not good.

Rico did absolutely nothing... everytime he got the ball it was stolen immediately, just as I said before he isnt good. If they didnt sit 9 inside the 18 box, Hendersonville would have scored 5. Hey, but when you arent nearly as good as a team that is all you can do and hope, right? This is how Greece won the European Championships and they didnt even make the World Cup!

Ok, can you tell me one play that H'ville did that was so great? passin the ball is great and all, but last i checked points are not awarded for passes.

Taking a test not very exhausting, i have taken many in my day and have played games right after (like 2 or three hours anyway).

have i said anything about Rico????? about the state tournament at all??

cause i haven't.

He played good considering he always had a defender on his back every second of every game. With a goal against Brentwood.

i did not know that teams that are not that good win state.

If a team plays one of the worst games they have played in the state tournament, then that is kinda sad, i would think that whoever is playing in the tournament would have a good game.

I am not blind of anything, and that argument is very weak. I have stated that Bearden has played bad when they have played bad. They had more dangerous opportunities than H'ville that night and dominated the offensive side of the game.

passin the ball is great and all, but last i checked points are not awarded for passes.

I did not see the game, but this is so true in soccer. While possession is pretty, you gotta get it in the back of the net. It sounds like Bearden played the game that they needed to play to get the win. There is no asterisks next to the 2006 state champion that says "got out played but still won" (and I am not saying that they did, but it sounds like this is what H'ville is saying) There are plenty of games that CAK has played that we have won "ugly", and I guess it is better to win "ugly" than lose "pretty".

I did not see the game, but this is so true in soccer. While possession is pretty, you gotta get it in the back of the net. It sounds like Bearden played the game that they needed to play to get the win. There is no asterisks next to the 2006 state champion that says "got out played but still won" (and I am not saying that they did, but it sounds like this is what H'ville is saying) There are plenty of games that CAK has played that we have won "ugly", and I guess it is better to win "ugly" than lose "pretty".

I've lost pretty many a time. Finals are not about playing pretty, but just doing what is needed to win. I have definitely enjoyed winning ugly more than losing pretty.

Edited by Soccer Gypsy

In soccer, the most prepared team wins the game. In 2002, the US went into the game against Portugal with a plan, and they won. Greece went into Euro 2004 with a plan, and they won. If you can exploit a team's weakness, you can beat them, and that makes you better. You may not have more talent, but if you can exploit a team's weakness, you are the better team. Period.

In soccer, the most prepared team wins the game. In 2002, the US went into the game against Portugal with a plan, and they won. Greece went into Euro 2004 with a plan, and they won. If you can exploit a team's weakness, you can beat them, and that makes you better. You may not have more talent, but if you can exploit a team's weakness, you are the better team. Period.

Very well said. Soccer is as much a game of strategy as it is talent.

The last few posts are great, thanks for getting us back to the subject guys, I think this was getting more personal than it should, Both teams made it to the finals so they both must be some of the best teams in the state. Bearden has their fans who will defend them, and Hendersonville has their fan who will argue for them, this is great, it shows the passion our game has and only helps it to grow, but the person attacks need to go away and concentrate on the game. The argument will never be settled to everyone's satisfaction so just post your opinions with respect, class, and whatever insight you can add, but let's please quit posting responses to an individual unless it is to compliment or contradict in an adult manner. If anyone wants to trash me for saying this, feel free I got thick skin. Plus, I am the worlds strongest soccer player, aha. ;)

In my honest opinion, I don't really know soccer, but I do know a lot of sports in general. Strategy is the main part of ANY game. Look at the 1980 Olympics when USA beat USSR, we certainly weren't more talented than them, but we beat them.

I believe winning is in these percentages: 45% planning, 35% fitness, 15% heart, and 5% luck. Now, if a team has hardly any planning or coaching, then that is when talent takes over. You can also substitute talent for heart, as shown by Terrell Owens. If you can get a team who has all of these percentages and then add in talent, you have a team like the New England Patriots or Brazil, for you soccer people.

Congrats, Bearden. You are the best team in AAA. You may not be the most talented, but you are the best. I love the soccer board, I may be on here more next season.

No, i dont think so at all. In the past few years Knoxville has done well in HS 03-04, but Bearden was not the best team this year, not to take away anything from them. I thought they were ok, but not that good. Hendersonville dominated them, but couldnt score. But, that's the way it goes sometimes, the best team doesnt always win it all. Props to Bearden for winning though, all they did was sit back and defend.Knoxville has NOT dominated HS soccer whatsoever ths year.

Club soccer is being almost totally dominated by Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood teams, just look at the list of state champions it is more than 80% nashville area teams across the board boys and girls.

Is that some kind of a joke??? You think Club soccer is being dominated by Nashville? Do you know anything about club soccer? I guess not. Well, maybe I can help you with the actual result of club soccer. Here is a list of the State Championships div 2 for the boys until U13 then div 1 from U14 on: U11 boys champs Crush- Knox. U12 boys champs Little Brasil- Knox. U13 boys champs Memphis Falsons- runner up Impact- knox. U14 boys champs East Ridge- Chattanooga. U15 Boys champs Crush- Knox, runners up Impact- Knox. U16 Boys Champs TNFC.. Hey...finally someone from the Nashville area (the 1st one) runner up Crush- Knox. U17 Boys Champs- Impact Knox. U18 Boys Champs TNFC (2nd Nashville team) U19 Boys Champs Fire- Knoxville. That's 5 champions from Knoxville and 3 runner up's. 2 champions from Nashville 4 runner up's. Compete with Knoxville...YES. Dominate??? Just looks at the results!!!