So do the results mean that Knoxville Soccer Rules?

rigger101

i am sorry but knoxvilles best in the 88's would not give TNFC '88 a run for there money, that is just my opinion though

Knoxville has had some good teams in the past with some very talented players. If all these good players played in the same team then it may or would be a different story. So to make it short, Knoxville is really not that big and has quite a number of smaller age groups developing so it will not be long before these kids start making some noise in tn. :ph34r:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am sorry but knoxvilles best in the 88's would not give TNFC '88 a run for there money, that is just my opinion though

[/quote

well, my belief is that they surely would put up a great match for them, they would have a stacked team, a really stacked team, the players in Knoxville in this age group are mostly just graduated, with many of the better players high school teams making it the state finals. These kids have proven themselves over and over again, alot of the Knoxville players are going to play in college and some others decided not to, we could possibly have a starting line up with players that were granted scholarships, some of which did not accept them and are going to UT.

The team would be great and have played with eachother on and off over the past decade or so, my guess is that they would be great.

So what happens to the guys who are not on the one team's roster of 18 (which is still a big roster)? Yeah, its great if you are one of those 18, but if not? One of the benefits of having several teams is that more guys get to play on decent teams. Clubs are folding right and left, an a lot of players are finding themselves without a team.

I'm way ahead of you :ph34r:

you put up a division 1, a division 2, and if need be a division 3 team for each age group. I would do this nonetheless just for practice issues, it is always good to have a team to scrimmage.

This could also be used as a motivation device, pushing players to play hard so they can make the division 1 team, or have good players in the division 2 team fill in for a teammate that may be absent or the like.

I know it sounds too simple to be true, but it would work. (in my opinion)

i remember when i lived in Texas, my coach had a two teams in different divisions and we played Stop/Action scrimmages all the time in practice, where the coach can stop play and ask a player why he passed it to a certain spot or made a certain run, or point out where an outside mid needs to be when the opposing team has the ball pushed up into that players defensive third, etc. All those things can be done at a young age and can be done with the teams in each age group.

p.s. i am only going to have 15 players on my team :lol:

You are correct, although I strongly believe multiple teams at lower ages is very necessary for player development. Tennessee has coaches capable of developing competitive teams but, for the most part, the players are too spread out in the older age groups.

Knoxville's population is way too small to successfully field multiple DI teams past the age of U-14, if you define success as winning State championships, competing in the USYSA Premier League and being competitive at top level tournaments. If success is defined as having lots of teams participating, but not winning, in DI competition, mergers are unnecessary. Memphis and Nashville are much larger than Knoxville and still only succeed when players from multiple teams combine and play together. TnFC '88 players don't exactly all live in the same neighborhood. They are from all over.

Maybe the new NIKE Impact Elite formula will work. A multi-city club with an Elite top level team to be formed in each age group from the best players in the club, regardless of location. This is the only way to compete with regional clubs like CASL, the Atlanta Silverbacks, etc. and the National powers like FC Delco, Chicago Magic, Reston, DC United etc. Those teams typically have some players who commute from hundreds of miles away, just to play at the elite level. It is tough for a local team from West Knoxville, Franklin , Chattanooga, Germantown or any other town in Tennessee to compete at that level without combinations of players.

i think you are putting too much emphasis on individuals here, to me a team is made by heart, movement, communication, trust, and unselfishness.

All these things can be taught to a player (except heart, but good team building can give a player motivation, or just a good captain).

Seriously though, a team that is always talking and moving and has been playing together for 8 years is going to be a great contender. Soccer is a game of thought, and if a coach can get the fundementals at a young age, then they can work with a player on how to take pictures and where to look when you get the ball and when to make a run or when a center midfield becomes a forward because they have momentum, all that kind of stuff.

A team needs to be a team, not a disbanded bunch of kids that give up after two seasons, where is the loyalty?

i don't know, i guess i am a little crazy, but i just think that a good 'team' will beat any team with a bunch of great players.

here is an example: Bearden's alumni game, Bearden has a great alumni team, individually superior to Bearden's squad this past year, and yet sense alot of Bearden's alumni come from different ages and have not played with eachother in a long time, we got beat 3-1. Just because Bearden's team played better as a team and understood who could do what and they knew when a player was going to make a run, etc.

i guess i just can not wait until i am a coach, i will show you all what i mean (hopefully anyway).

I'm way ahead of you :ph34r:

you put up a division 1, a division 2, and if need be a division 3 team for each age group. I would do this nonetheless just for practice issues, it is always good to have a team to scrimmage.

This could also be used as a motivation device, pushing players to play hard so they can make the division 1 team, or have good players in the division 2 team fill in for a teammate that may be absent or the like.

I know it sounds too simple to be true, but it would work. (in my opinion)

i remember when i lived in Texas, my coach had a two teams in different divisions and we played Stop/Action scrimmages all the time in practice, where the coach can stop play and ask a player why he passed it to a certain spot or made a certain run, or point out where an outside mid needs to be when the opposing team has the ball pushed up into that players defensive third, etc. All those things can be done at a young age and can be done with the teams in each age group.

p.s. i am only going to have 15 players on my team :lol:

Good points, and well thought out. Good luck in getting those parents, coaches and clubs to get along! But push for it! Why not?

15 is a good number. Most coaches only sub 3-4 per game anyway. Having a division 2 club to pull up from is a great way to keep your roster low.

Good points, and well thought out. Good luck in getting those parents, coaches and clubs to get along! But push for it! Why not?

15 is a good number. Most coaches only sub 3-4 per game anyway. Having a division 2 club to pull up from is a great way to keep your roster low.

ya i'd say it would be next to impossible and sadly, i am going to have to wait until i can get started on my 'soccer movement'

Tin-Man, no knoxville's best team would not beat TNFC 88's, simply put. there are so many diff ways to prove that its not even fair.

1)you said this team could have some college players that decided not to play. the TNFC 88's do have scholarship players, i know of at least 5(lowder,dawes,wonderlin,bristol,glover). there's prolly more but they got the advantage there.

2)you said that most of that teams players would have played in a state finals in high school. dawes,wonderlin,bristol played and won the state final against CBHS this year. lowder won state wit BHS last year. plus they've won state in club so many times its ridiculous. so if you're taking the experience angle.....well, you cant.

lastly, they made it to the region finals. farther than any other TN team has ever gone. they set the bar for future teams. they lost in the finals to the eventual national champ that, from what i hear, was an incredible team at least.

Tin-Man, no knoxville's best team would not beat TNFC 88's, simply put. there are so many diff ways to prove that its not even fair.

1)you said this team could have some college players that decided not to play. the TNFC 88's do have scholarship players, i know of at least 5(lowder,dawes,wonderlin,bristol,glover). there's prolly more but they got the advantage there.

2)you said that most of that teams players would have played in a state finals in high school. dawes,wonderlin,bristol played and won the state final against CBHS this year. lowder won state wit BHS last year. plus they've won state in club so many times its ridiculous. so if you're taking the experience angle.....well, you cant.

lastly, they made it to the region finals. farther than any other TN team has ever gone. they set the bar for future teams. they lost in the finals to the eventual national champ that, from what i hear, was an incredible team at least.

firts thing, i never said that a knoxville team would beat TNFC ever, so please try reading.

secondly, Knoxville teams as of right now have scholarship players, myself, Khader, Rico, Ben Lawson, and i am sure there are others from the Stars that i do not know about, and Doug Hall (i do not know about Joey and Joel) was given a scholarship to Maryville College but decided to go to UT.

thirdly, as for state finals, Joey Pierce, Doug Hall, Joel Adams all played for Catholic high school, one of the 'fantastic five' from CAK plays for the stars, Khader, Jay Lutz, Rico, Andrew Hinkle are players from Bearden that just won a state final.

so, I think that the experience is pretty leveled out, and might i add that the two Knoxville teams played in a higher premier group last season as well.

your last part, congrats to TNFC, i am very happy for their success and admire their team, I am trying to make it so that their is a team from Knoxville that come up with that kind of success; you make it sound like i am doggin TNFC.

p.s. where is Bristol going? i am quite interested, he really played well in the state final game and i do not thin BGA would have won without him.

Edited by Tin-Man

firts thing, i never said that a knoxville team would beat TNFC ever, so please try reading.

secondly, Knoxville teams as of right now have scholarship players, myself, Khader, Rico, Ben Lawson, and i am sure there are others from the Stars that i do not know about, and Doug Hall (i do not know about Joey and Joel) was given a scholarship to Maryville College but decided to go to UT.

thirdly, as for state finals, Joey Pierce, Doug Hall, Joel Adams all played for Catholic high school, one of the 'fantastic five' from CAK plays for the stars, Khader, Jay Lutz, Rico, Andrew Hinkle are players from Bearden that just won a state final.

so, I think that the experience is pretty leveled out, and might i add that the two Knoxville teams played in a higher premier group last season as well.

your last part, congrats to TNFC, i am very happy for their success and admire their team, I am trying to make it so that their is a team from Knoxville that come up with that kind of success; you make it sound like i am doggin TNFC.

p.s. where is Bristol going? i am quite interested, he really played well in the state final game and i do not thin BGA would have won without him.

bristol signed with west virginia. he is a very good player and i think he'll do real well in college.

Yeah, he will be at West Virginia next year. And there is no thinking about it, without Jason, we would not have won state. The same can be said for Dustin or Wade.