Is Memphis the new king of track?

Galilee

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say distance runners dont win track meets for you. Look at FRA's recent history. No single area will win a track meet for you, but with 4-5 distance events, if you have a solid distance squad you can do some serious damage, especially in Tennessee where the competition isnt that deep.

I would not be surprised if he breaks the state record

recent history doesnt really help out much though. gj ran faster than that as a junior and earlier in the season and still never really came close to breaking the record. im not saying that means he has no chance and there are a lot more things going right for him than gj like the fact that he actually has some decent competition to push him but he by no means has the record wrapped up or anything. 2 and a half seconds is a lot to drop when u are at the elite 1:52.81 level

recent history doesnt really help out much though. gj ran faster than that as a junior and earlier in the season and still never really came close to breaking the record. im not saying that means he has no chance and there are a lot more things going right for him than gj like the fact that he actually has some decent competition to push him but he by no means has the record wrapped up or anything. 2 and a half seconds is a lot to drop when u are at the elite 1:52.81 level

He only has to drop 1 second there buddy. Competition and another year of training could easily put him there.

He only has to drop 1 second there buddy. Competition and another year of training could easily put him there.

well it depends on where u look. its sometimes listed as 1:51.24 (has to drop 1.57 seconds) and sometimes its listed at 1:50.20 (has to drop 2.61 seconds). i dont know the reason for this though maybe one was an out of state meet that they didnt count or something but either way he has to drop a lot more than a second to get the record and like i said gj was faster as a junior than james is and he didnt run any faster his senior year

This is what was listed on the distance carnival site:

Event #10 (7:30pm) High School Boys' 800m (2:01.00)

Stadium Record: 1:52.61 G. J. Hudgens (Christ Presb. Acad.) 2005

TN State Record: 1:50.20 Jim Ailshie (Dobbyns Bennett) 1981

And this is what was listed on the state meet site:

Boys 800 Meter Run D-I AAA

====================================================================

State Record: S 1:51.24 1981 Jim Ashlie, Dobyns-Bennett

Edited by thecrippler2222

With Mitchell girls winning AA and Ridgeway runner up in AAA along with Hamilton boys winning AAA and Trezevant winning AA and Mitchell runner up in AA, do we rule the track?

Thats a very slanted outlook on things, after all we all know that track IS NOT a team sport and from what I remember, at the state meet (especially on the girls side) it was east/central tennessee "burning up the track" not memphis.

Women's Champions

100m

AAA-Knoxville (2nd place was knoxville as well)

A-AA-Knoxville

200m

AAA top 3 all from knoxville

A-AA Knoxville

400m

AAA Knoxville and Nashville take top 3

A-AA Knoxville

100mH

AAA 3 0f top 4 from east tenn/state record holder (top 2 actully)

A-AA Knoxville

300mH

AAA Nashville (2nd third from east tenn

A-AA Knoxville

4x100

AAA East tennessee and Nashville take 3 of the top 4

A-AA Knoxville

4z200

AAA - Knoxville by 2 second's without coward

4x400

nashville/east tenn top 2

WHERE IS MEMPHIS???

Distance runners don't win track meets for you. As for west TN not having distance runners beyond Rob take a liitle look at the last few years. AAA cross country was won by Memphis runners for the boys. Girls AAA has three or four of the top distance runners. Yes east TN has good distance runners and middle TN has good pole vaulters and decathletes(?). But there are kids from all over the state who are back next year in most events. It appears the competition across the state has become more intense and that just takes everyone up a notch.

MORRISTOWN WEST GIRLS, SCIENCE HILL GIRLS, KNOXVILLE WEST, AND FARRAGUT SHOULD HAVE DOMINATING SEASONS IN XC.

Edited by jc1