Boys Club State Soccer Tournament

No one will win easily. It took two overtimes before Liverpool walked away with the state title. TNFC 90 scored in the last two minutes of overtime to win last years title. 89 Impact also won in overtime to win the title.

All titles are hard to win and everyone needs to remember anything can happen in a one game series. Last years finals were pressure packed for all these guys and they will have to do more than just show up to win.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liverpool MIGHT win state. im taking chaos,fever,or tnfc over them. they were lucky to beat fever and impact last year. i know that fever has added 3 new players and chaos i think a couple and tnfc some new ones,too. it will not be easy for liverpool to win. -tnfc 89 has atleast 3(maybe a couple more)national players coming from brandenton with daniel kelly. they will destroy impact and any other team in state for that matter. i know that many impact players play for farragut and i was not impressed with any of you.#14 is above average but nowhere close to being a national player like daniel kelly or the others coming in. tnfc also has all-state tj brown in the back with national player blair(?) they will be hard to crack.tnfc could show well in regionals, too.

liverpool MIGHT win state. im taking chaos,fever,or tnfc over them. they were lucky to beat fever and impact last year. i know that fever has added 3 new players and chaos i think a couple and tnfc some new ones,too. it will not be easy for liverpool to win. -tnfc 89 has atleast 3(maybe a couple more)national players coming from brandenton with daniel kelly. they will destroy impact and any other team in state for that matter. i know that many impact players play for farragut and i was not impressed with any of you.#14 is above average but nowhere close to being a national player like daniel kelly or the others coming in. tnfc also has all-state tj brown in the back with national player blair(?) they will be hard to crack.tnfc could show well in regionals, too.

I heard there is some national team tournament the same weekend as club states that will cause the national players from TNFC to miss club. Is this true?

Yes Yes sorry bout that, and the 18s meant 17s. i had the two teams and ages mixed in my head. And i might regret saying that the liverpool shoud easily win is because they are definately the most skilled team in TN in that age group and shouldnt be beat. But some times they just dont play well and come out on there heels.

Yeah the so called all star u17 TNFC team is back to normal, there is a national team tournament in Europe. This is what ive heard from coaches and friends of the national team players.

Oh yeah, watch out for the Lakeway Kickers in the u15 age group. They will be up there too. Mike Mcdonald is a great coach.

Wow, I'm not sure your assessment could be any further off. First of all you said you're taking TNFC over Liverpool? Yes, Chaos and Fever will give Liverpool a run for their money but TNFC has dropped of and isn't in the same breath as the 3 other teams. Also you talk about Fever and Chaos adding new players, this may or may not be true, but I know for a fact that Liverpool added 4 of the best players from one of the teams you said Liverpool was "lucky to beat" (the finalists of last year: Impact). They also added a player that was a starting center mid on the U15 semi-finalists of last season (UltraLions). So, maybe the afore mentioned Chaos, TNFC, and Fever reloaded. But I think it would be safe to say that Liverpool did as well.

Also, while I believe 100% the rumors of TNFC 89 bringing back 4 national players from Bradenton to play at state :lol: , the "unimpressive" players you speak of for the 89 Impact were basically the nucleus of a Farragut team (as you know) that knocked off the state champions (Bearden), not once, but twice this season.

Sounds to me like you're just a Middle TN fan hating on the East. But with all this said, all this is just speculation, we will see come June 10th

How could National team players come back and compete at the D-1 finals? For instance, if they played for a school team in the Florida D-1 championships they wouldn't be eligible.

They play for the national team not a school team, most of those players go back and play with their original clubs for regionals, nationals and state. Dallas Texans had their national team players when they beat TNFC 88 at regionals last year.

honestly, Crush Arsenal 90 did take tnfc to overtimes last year at the state cup. This year is differnet b/c TNFC took brandon tarr from the crush. Also they took ozzie(last name?) and daniel tackling from the ultralions. They also picked up partick kelly from a younger age hendersonville team(i think). TNFC will no doubt win state this year and will do a good job of competing at regionals this year!

Also the 18's will not lose at state no matter what. Enough said!!

honestly, Crush Arsenal 90 did take tnfc to overtimes last year at the state cup. This year is differnet b/c TNFC took brandon tarr from the crush. Also they took ozzie(last name?) and daniel tackling from the ultralions. They also picked up partick kelly from a younger age hendersonville team(i think). TNFC will no doubt win state this year and will do a good job of competing at regionals this year!

Also the 18's will not lose at state no matter what. Enough said!!

yeea, as long as any of our players ( forwards ) dont say stupid things to refs, and get red carded!!! haha, especially in friendlies!!!!