Boys Club State Soccer Tournament

Club state tournament looks to be very interesting this year in many age groups. I was specifically wondering what your guys thoughts would be on the U15s and the U18

I guess everyone is leaving Fury '89 Premier out of the mix of things. If you look at their team, they are starting 8 CBHS varsity players that were state-runner ups, Houston High's goalkeeper, and some other great players from schools that don't get much recognition. Not to mention that they already won Premier League last fall to already qualify for regionals. Oh well, we'll see.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess everyone is leaving Fury '89 Premier out of the mix of things. If you look at their team, they are starting 8 CBHS varsity players that were state-runner ups, Houston High's goalkeeper, and some other great players from schools that don't get much recognition. Not to mention that they already won Premier League last fall to already qualify for regionals. Oh well, we'll see.

My money is on Fury to win, but I never got a response about Ricky. How is his knee coming along?

Reading the stats on premier league I saw Matt asd Luke on the roster. Did they come back to Memphis for good? If so it adds another dimension to a team that was already good.

Good luck at regionals. It is an incredible experience and hopefully you all can stay away from Solar. That team was unbelievable to watch last year. When they played the Houstonians, there were 40 scouts drooling on the side line.

Ricky is injured and won't play in state. He will play in regionals though.

chaos had a real bad off weekend. it's obvious that high school had a huge effect on them. we just didnt seem to have the touch or chemistry we had in the fall. anyway they finished 1-0-2. lakeway advanced from their group and i wouldnt be surprised at all if they win the whole thing. they play hard and are pretty decent at possesing the ball. i think that KFC is the only team that can beat them. semi-finals shape up like this:

KFC vs. TUSC

HFC vs. Lakeway

i see lakeway taking the hfc game with ease. lakeway is just too good at possesion for HFC. then i think KFC pulls off a close one against TUSC. KFC doesnt seem to be as dominant as they used to be but i still think they pull it out.

in the final its gonna be a very good game and i dont think im gonna predict this one. all im gonna say is that dont be surprised at all if lakeway wins it.

Sorry you all missed out Jackson. It is tough coming back from school and trying to get ready in a week. This is our second week together as a unit. We had 7 guys gone to the state finals over memorial day weekend and then had to take finals the following week. By the time you are done you are so emotionally and physically spent it is hard to get ready for the club tournament.

The sad part about it is how much rides on this weekend. If you are in the top two at the end it is a great step towards being seen by college coaches in the fall tournaments. Otherwise you sit and wait until your team is accepted into a Raleigh, GIT, or Disney. Unless you are from a strong state like Texas, most of these tournaments won't take more than two or three from one state.

The recruiting time for any college is short and most will never go and see a high school game unless it is close by. For the players some changes need to be made to help them compete nationally with the other players for big scholarships.

Well I am ranting and I know all you want to do is play more soccer, but I just wanted to say good luck in the fall and I am sorry you all didn't get to the final four. You all will be back next year and stay hungry.

What are your plans for camps this summer?

Sorry you all missed out Jackson. It is tough coming back from school and trying to get ready in a week. This is our second week together as a unit. We had 7 guys gone to the state finals over memorial day weekend and then had to take finals the following week. By the time you are done you are so emotionally and physically spent it is hard to get ready for the club tournament.

The sad part about it is how much rides on this weekend. If you are in the top two at the end it is a great step towards being seen by college coaches in the fall tournaments. Otherwise you sit and wait until your team is accepted into a Raleigh, GIT, or Disney. Unless you are from a strong state like Texas, most of these tournaments won't take more than two or three from one state.

The recruiting time for any college is short and most will never go and see a high school game unless it is close by. For the players some changes need to be made to help them compete nationally with the other players for big scholarships.

Well I am ranting and I know all you want to do is play more soccer, but I just wanted to say good luck in the fall and I am sorry you all didn't get to the final four. You all will be back next year and stay hungry.

What are your plans for camps this summer?

its ok, thanks though. things happen, its just a bit frustrating thats all. as for this summer, i hope(if im lucky) ill be chosen for region camp for the 90's ODP. as far as camps go thats the only one i plan to attend because the chaos is going to superclubs nationals in orlando in late july.

soccer gypsy, what team are you associated with? well anyway good luck to the final four and i think lakeway has a very decent shot at winning it all. they'll definitely surprise some people if not taken seriously.

its ok, thanks though. things happen, its just a bit frustrating thats all. as for this summer, i hope(if im lucky) ill be chosen for region camp for the 90's ODP. as far as camps go thats the only one i plan to attend because the chaos is going to superclubs nationals in orlando in late july.

soccer gypsy, what team are you associated with? well anyway good luck to the final four and i think lakeway has a very decent shot at winning it all. they'll definitely surprise some people if not taken seriously.

I am involved with KFC.

You all came up to our tournament last fall and I enjoyed watching you run down the field to beat us in the last 5 minutes. I was shocked we gave it away.

Since I have been with this team we have only lossed to 3 Tennessee teams in the last 2 1/2 years. Chaos, Diadora twice, and the Kickers. Hopefully Ican walk away this weekend with that still intact, but it will be hard because every team we have played is gunning for us.

First we have to worry about the Fever tomorrow. I know they remember last year and they will come at us hard all game. We will have to focus the whole game and maybe even more.

We have played the Kickers 5 times winning 3, losing 1, and tying 1. We haven't played them in over a year. They wouldn't play us for a while because we were to physical, and last fall we could never find time with the premier league schedule. All though after we started losing in the league they called us right up to look for a game. It was a good rivalry for the first year I was with the team and it was ashame we couldn't play every other weekend. We were playing some bad teams for awhile, but as you know you only get better by playing good teams and they are a good team. There coach is also a vey classy guy and it rubs off on his players. Mark is one of the nicest players I have ever met plus he is an awesome striker.

All four teams have a tough road tomorrow. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I believe it will be us.

I am involved with KFC.

You all came up to our tournament last fall and I enjoyed watching you run down the field to beat us in the last 5 minutes. I was shocked we gave it away.

Since I have been with this team we have only lossed to 3 Tennessee teams in the last 2 1/2 years. Chaos, Diadora twice, and the Kickers. Hopefully Ican walk away this weekend with that still intact, but it will be hard because every team we have played is gunning for us.

First we have to worry about the Fever tomorrow. I know they remember last year and they will come at us hard all game. We will have to focus the whole game and maybe even more.

We have played the Kickers 5 times winning 3, losing 1, and tying 1. We haven't played them in over a year. They wouldn't play us for a while because we were to physical, and last fall we could never find time with the premier league schedule. All though after we started losing in the league they called us right up to look for a game. It was a good rivalry for the first year I was with the team and it was ashame we couldn't play every other weekend. We were playing some bad teams for awhile, but as you know you only get better by playing good teams and they are a good team. There coach is also a vey classy guy and it rubs off on his players. Mark is one of the nicest players I have ever met plus he is an awesome striker.

All four teams have a tough road tomorrow. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I believe it will be us.

haha i remember that tournament in the fall. two very competitive games that day between us. i enjoy playing you guys b/c you always know there's going to be a challenge. i wish we could be playing you guys today but TUSC had other plans. the frustrating thing about not making it to the final four is that not only do we not get to contend for the state title but now we cant apply for the premier league, something ive always wanted to play in.

well good luck today, i think you guys will meet lakeway in the final. it should be an interesting match b/c both teams are solid and talented. good luck again and let me know how this morning goes.

haha i remember that tournament in the fall. two very competitive games that day between us. i enjoy playing you guys b/c you always know there's going to be a challenge. i wish we could be playing you guys today but TUSC had other plans. the frustrating thing about not making it to the final four is that not only do we not get to contend for the state title but now we cant apply for the premier league, something ive always wanted to play in.

well good luck today, i think you guys will meet lakeway in the final. it should be an interesting match b/c both teams are solid and talented. good luck again and let me know how this morning goes.

The morning went pretty well. The game with TUSC was deadlocked for 60 minutes before we finally put one thru. We scored another one late when they were pushing up. There was a red headed boy on the team that I thought was the difference. He actually showed up on crutches before the game, warmed up, played, and then went back to his cruthces before leaving the field. Someone needs to buy the movie rights to that story. He was the player of the match and showed lots of heart to try and play. He even had some dangerous opportunities to score.

The second game with the Kickers was just as hard. Both teams played some pretty soccer and had good chances to score. We were able to keep Mark and TJ away from the goal for most of the game limiting them to long shots. Mark torched us a couple of times, but was not able to put it on frame when he was close. I might be biased, but I thought we controlled most of the game. I never felt safe with those two up top. Great group of guys on that team.

We were pretty defensive all weekend trying to control the ball, while not leaving holes in the back. I was very impressed by my team because they did not surrender a goal all weekend and played against some talented forwards and midfielders. Liverpool just had the right mind set all weekend.

The morning went pretty well. The game with TUSC was deadlocked for 60 minutes before we finally put one thru. We scored another one late when they were pushing up. There was a red headed boy on the team that I thought was the difference. He actually showed up on crutches before the game, warmed up, played, and then went back to his cruthces before leaving the field. Someone needs to buy the movie rights to that story. He was the player of the match and showed lots of heart to try and play. He even had some dangerous opportunities to score.

The second game with the Kickers was just as hard. Both teams played some pretty soccer and had good chances to score. We were able to keep Mark and TJ away from the goal for most of the game limiting them to long shots. Mark torched us a couple of times, but was not able to put it on frame when he was close. I might be biased, but I thought we controlled most of the game. I never felt safe with those two up top. Great group of guys on that team.

We were pretty defensive all weekend trying to control the ball, while not leaving holes in the back. I was very impressed by my team because they did not surrender a goal all weekend and played against some talented forwards and midfielders. Liverpool just had the right mind set all weekend.

i watched both semifinal games today and all teams played very impressive soccer. the kid from fever is alex tumons.a very good player,had he been fully healthy there might of been a different outcome.right before the midway waterbreak in the 2nd half, liverpool had a freekick from the halfway line,it went over the fever defenders to a wide open crush player who poked it in the far corner.fever then pushed to find the goal and liverpool had a fast break and scored in the last minutes.lakeway dominated the flow of play and easily won over harpeth.the final was a good one with both teams playing with lots of heart.with 10 left liverpool scored off a corner.congrats to crush and good luck in little rock representing tennessee.