voiceofrockets

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let see what everyone thinks and maybe a BD might get a idea or 2

My "Dream Shows"

1 Tower of Power

2 Swing (did this one in HS and loved it)

3 Chicago (the band not the movie

4 AC/DC

Let the ideas begin!!!

I would like to see AC/DC! ;) I'm kind of burnt out on swing, but I like it. We did swing all 4 years of my high school career. The new UT-Martin BD is thinking about a KISS show...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to see more Classic Rock Shows - I saw alot of them last year at competitions - but they all usually played FreeBird, Sweet Home Alabama, and maybe once in a while Back in Black. I would love to see more Rock type shows with more of a variety of songs - not just the regulars.

Also, would be awesome to see some more swing type shows too. that would be fun to watch or play.

I would love to see more Classic Rock Shows - I saw alot of them last year at competitions - but they all usually played FreeBird, Sweet Home Alabama, and maybe once in a while Back in Black. I would love to see more Rock type shows with more of a variety of songs - not just the regulars.

Also, would be awesome to see some more swing type shows too. that would be fun to watch or play.

Last year our band did:

Carry on my wayward son (Kansas)

Faithfully (Journey)

Anyway you want it, drum solo Journey)

Hotel California (Journey)

• 2 weeks later...

I got a question. I have never been in the band.

Do all schools only do like one routine all year long?

I know it is time consuming to learn new music / choreography but during the football season I see our band do the same routine 5 times at halftime at home and then 5 more times before each game on the road.

No disrespect intended, a legitimate question. I do play guitar a little so I know the music part of it would be tough enough not to mention the steps and formations.

I got a question. I have never been in the band.

Do all schools only do like one routine all year long?

I know it is time consuming to learn new music / choreography but during the football season I see our band do the same routine 5 times at halftime at home and then 5 more times before each game on the road.

No disrespect intended, a legitimate question. I do play guitar a little so I know the music part of it would be tough enough not to mention the steps and formations.

Well I cant answer for everyone but when I was in band we used halftime as a kinda dress rehersal for contest. And just played fun stuff in the stands.

• 2 weeks later...

oooi loved that show... the boxes with the band names were cool. there were soem things the guard did i thought were a little hokey but good show all in all!!!

as for the one show all year that is what we do. see we take these shows to competitions and they judge us on them. if we changed the show all the time we would never have time to perfect it. therefore we keep the same show. college bands on the other hand do change shows all the time... most college bands change shows ever 2 games or so, some bands change every game

• 11 months later...
quote:

Last year our band did:

Carry on my wayward son (Kansas)

Faithfully (Journey)

Anyway you want it, drum solo Journey)

Hotel California (Journey)

Hotel California was the Eagles, not Journey.

Was that Lebanon High?

Yeah sorry about that it was typo. Yes it was Lebanon High, it was the funnest show i ever did.

Edited by onestupidme