Am I the only person who is about as tired of Clemens and his on-again, off-again playing as I am of Bonds?

He will now be making $22 million this year prorated over however long he will play, effectively making roughly $13 million. Not bad for a guy who can't go over 6 innings.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who is about as tired of Clemens and his on-again, off-again playing as I am of Bonds?

He will now be making $22 million this year prorated over however long he will play, effectively making roughly $13 million. Not bad for a guy who can't go over 6 innings.

But he can beat the Braves and Cards....and put them out of the playoffs....I hope Bonds comes back next year and along with Clemens.....

not bad money for the summer

Clemens can still rock and fire and I think this make the Stros a playoff team! :lol:

As Jayson Stark pointed out today, he's either a freak of nature alongside Satchel Paige and Nolan Ryan, or he is about to be the biggest waste of $12 million in the history of baseball.

I do think having him back will give Houston a major psychological edge, but I'm still not sold on him guiding them back to the playoffs.

As I type, Houston is 7.5 behind the Cards and 4 games out of the wild card. Both deficits are capable of being overcome. They are pegging June 22 as his return date to the majors. During that time they play 18 games, a whopping 15 of them at home (schedule). That would put them at 90 games left when he returns, or roughly 18-20 starts. Would he be better in a rotation than Fernando Nieve? Absolutely. But, even with his 2nd best pitching year ever (I'll argue 1990 was better), he only won 13.

I guess after all that, what I am saying is that yes, having him back can only help Houston. But I'm not going to go ahead and pencil them in the playoffs just yet.

Bonds will go down as the Greatest Baseball Player EVER!!! When he retires....Like him or not its the truth....

The unfortunate thing is that all the lynch mob hysteria has gotten to the point that people don't realize how good he was up until 1998.

He's a bit of a jerk, sure, but there's been no shortage of jerks that were in the inner circle of baseball's elite. Including the guy he just passed on the HR list.

I am glad Roger is back. Anytime one of the greatest pitchers ever comes back and pitches any baseball fan should be happy. Yes he didn't win many games last year but that wasn't his fault. Go look up his ERA Solomon and tell me it was his fault he didn't win more games.

I agree with bledsoe, Bonds is the best baseball player ever even with the steroids situation surrounding him. He was on his way to this distinction even before 1998 like someone previously stated.

Maybe everyone should just put the media frenzy aside and watch 2 of the greatest baseball players of all-time take the field this summer.

The unfortunate thing is that all the lynch mob hysteria has gotten to the point that people don't realize how good he was up until 1998.

He's a bit of a jerk, sure, but there's been no shortage of jerks that were in the inner circle of baseball's elite. Including the guy he just passed on the HR list.

I've never seen him as a jerk....Except when the media is in his face asking him a million questions about steriods....I would say I'd be a jerk too....