Dover (6/4/04)

THE SQUAD

Here we go to Dover.

**Ricky Rudd has come out of retirement to drive for the injured Tony Stewart this weekend. Ricky already qualified the car 10th.Tony will start the race & Rudd will supposedly get in the car at the first caution.

Good choice for the Gibbs team. Rudd has 4 career cup wins & 26 top 10's in 55 starts at the track.

More thoughts?....

THE SQUAD :lol:

Edited by THE SQUAD

Ima gonna go with Tony in this one, Stewart that is. Burton won Busch Race in good fashion today, watch out for him..

Hey I'm with you! I'd LOVE to see Tony win this week cause that would mean Ricky won the race for him! As long as Tony starts the race then he gets credit for whatever finish Rudd will have.

Rudd's been my favorite since I really started following Nascar in about 1991,when he drove the Tide car...

GREAT to see him back,even if it is for just one race! :rolleyes:

THE SQUAD ;)

Really disapointing for me. Rudd was moving up after the driver change,running as good a lap times as the leaders,then gets the pit road speeding call.That's like holding in football! Anybody could get it from time to time but they just pick & choose throughout each race.But that set them back to where they never could get back on the lead lap even though he was running the same times as the leaders for the last 50 laps.If it wasn't for that penalty I'm sure he would have top 10. ;)

Oh well... I wonder if "Smoke" will try to run the whole race next week @ Pocono?... :lol:

THE SQUAD :)

Edited by THE SQUAD

Really disapointing for me. Rudd was moving up after the driver change,running as good a lap times as the leaders,then gets the pit road speeding call.That's like holding in football! Anybody could get it from time to time but they just pick & choose throughout each race.But that set them back to where they never could get back on the lead lap even though he was running the same times as the leaders for the last 50 laps.If it wasn't for that penalty I'm sure he would have top 10. ;)

Oh well... I wonder if "Smoke" will try to run the whole race next week @ Pocono?... :thumb:

THE SQUAD ;)

I saw on ESPN where Stewart said he is going to start next week at Pocono and said he should be able to complete it...