dobyns bennet they got a chance? and 2 great runners

dbfreshmenco

well there is a thing in overtraining while u are in highschool it was an actident waiting to happen. and he hurt him self worse trying to run 75 miles a week when he got heathy

smallings injury had nothing to do with overtraining. the only person i can think of that was hurt recently with overtraining was bejon abtahi when he got his stress fracture last year during xc but he came back and had a great track season anyway

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stress fractures don't have to be caused by overtraining. Everyone thought I had one last fall, not from overtraining, but from just too much use. I do many things besides running.

overuse and overtraining are very similar. its the same concept. ur legs dont know the difference between when ur just running or when ur running to catch a football or a frisbee or something of that sort. its all running so overuse will still do the same thing

yeah your right. that's what I have to be careful of. I won't overtrain. I will be too active though. :lol:

haha yeah i had the same problem playing indoor soccer during the winters. i love to soccer way to much to ever give it up but im definatley better at running but during my junior year i got turf toe during the winter from playing on the astro turf and it definately slowed down my training a little bit but i think all in all my season turned out the best it could have so its alright

haha yeah i had the same problem playing indoor soccer during the winters. i love to soccer way to much to ever give it up but im definatley better at running but during my junior year i got turf toe during the winter from playing on the astro turf and it definately slowed down my training a little bit but i think all in all my season turned out the best it could have so its alright

i would probbly play soccer and track but at dobyns bennet we have problems with coaches outside of running in my opinion. so i stick to the thing that i can at least compete in.

yes he is but alot of people think he has reached his prime for highschool as a freshman. he has put in lots of miles there.

Sean hasn't put in a lot of miles at all. High mileage would IMO be 70+ miles/week. Believe me when I say he still has quite a bit of improving to do. He also has one of the smartest, most knowledgable coaches in the nation that knows what he is doing.

Dave's a pretty smart guy, but what's he going to do when I throw a flying tackle at him coming down the hill at McAlpine? :rolleyes:

haha- thats gonna be really awesome to watch. During easy runs, me and Sean are just going to have to throw out random acts of violence at him so he is prepared!!!