A/AA 2006

Coniglio

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember now exactly how short they measured the "Bumbi" course, but I think it was in the neighborhood of 80m. This past year's course was not only longer by those 80m, but it finished on a much different configuration from the "Bumbi" course, much slower, in my estimation.

It's funny how many people ran slower on that course than on Victor Ashe, even though VAP had all the mulch and the Hill of Death with half a mile to go. Obviously, our state times will be pretty slow-seeming this year. Rob's time from last year (15:22), for example, would only equate to about a 15:54 or so for 5K.

Ah yes that's right. He's also a frontrunner in the 3200 next year too. A big frontrunner. Ranked 2nd in the East sectional in the mile too.

i wouldnt call him a big front runner. lipscomb has 2 or 3 (depending on if max perkins runs track this year) that can have gotten in the 950s so i would say he is far from being a big front runner but yes he does have the best returning time by a few seconds

i wouldnt call him a big front runner. lipscomb has 2 or 3 (depending on if max perkins runs track this year) that can have gotten in the 950s so i would say he is far from being a big front runner but yes he does have the best returning time by a few seconds

this is almost dejavu of the boards right before state. you never know what will happen until race day. i'm david's coach and to be perfectly honest with you, my money was on joseph pair, but we saw how that went. pair beat him at the vol classic by about 10 seconds and he and jaynes were neck and neck in every race they competed. i think one of the biggest variances between sectionals and state is that middle and west run the 3200 on a different day than east. because we are so spread out, east sectional has to run 3200 in the morning and 1600/800 in the afternoon, much like state. i think a lot of times performance discrepancies at state are a result of this difference...it's often about the "saving it" factor.