whos back from oak ridge again for corsscountry this year?

corey o'neill

we won't know who ran elite times from last year until www.tennesseerunner.com makes the preseason rankings and etc. in august

i saw how the oak ridge team ran at state preety strong. i was a freshman then and our team had a breakdown. they astonished me on how they ran as a team looked like they wanted it more than anyone by far. and they deserved it and they probly will win it again this year i believe

About 10 years ago, when I was an OR assistant coach, I was standing with Coach Coughenour at the Steeplechase just prior to the start of the girls AAA race. We were very good that year, and I remember telling him that the race for second should be interesting, thinking that we already had it won. He only smiled, as I recall. Well, that day, the D-B girls rocked, and the OR girls fell apart, and D-B won, beating a very, very good OR team. Never underestimate your competition, and never give an inch to the teams you think are better than you are!

I'm guessing that Houston, Science Hill, Brentwood, and OR are bringing back the strongest teams. Knox West, Bearden, and Farragut from Region II also belong on the list of contenders. Last year's state meet was pretty heavy with seniors up front, so the younger teams who scored well last year should really rise.

About 10 years ago, when I was an OR assistant coach, I was standing with Coach Coughenour at the Steeplechase just prior to the start of the girls AAA race. We were very good that year, and I remember telling him that the race for second should be interesting, thinking that we already had it won. He only smiled, as I recall. Well, that day, the D-B girls rocked, and the OR girls fell apart, and D-B won, beating a very, very good OR team. Never underestimate your competition, and never give an inch to the teams you think are better than you are!

I'm guessing that Houston, Science Hill, Brentwood, and OR are bringing back the strongest teams. Knox West, Bearden, and Farragut from Region II also belong on the list of contenders. Last year's state meet was pretty heavy with seniors up front, so the younger teams who scored well last year should really rise.

coach coughenour is a great coach the best and we have 2 seniors coming up 1 will be probly our 3 or 4 runner one will be our 5 or 6 runner science hill dosnt have many runners that are seniors either both of our teams are prety young