Club State Finals

Hoya

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diadora won the u-17 6-0 over Memphis Kickers. U-14 Express won 4-0 in their final over the Memphis Falcons. Every other game was a close battle and could have gone either way.

TNFC 88 won on a PK in the last part of the game. I heard it was a great game both ways, but I didn't see it. The Stars really showed well this weekend playing some good soccer, but came up short of knocking off the giant.

KFC Arsenal finally knocked off the super talented TNFC 90 team. They had a PK in the first half to tie it up 1-1 and scored with about 10 minutes left in the game to go up 2-1.

KFC Liverpool played a great game scoring a goal off a corner with 10 minutes left in the game to win 1-0. They didn't give up a goal all weekend winning 2-0, 3-0, 1-0, 2-0, and 1-0.

The u-14 semis were the most exciting with both games going into overtime and one going to PKs.

details on the u16 game. how did kfc pull it off against tnfc?

They wanted it more!! First couple of minutes TNFC scored a cross from Bradley Jacobs to Brandon Tarr, then KFC got a PK in the first half, KFC's second goal bounced off one the defenders then deflect off KFC and bouncd over the goalie.

I guess all the all star's added didn't do a bit of good, sometimes chemistry to a team is more important than a bunch of all stars on team. Hopefully the coach learned a valuable lesson. GO CRUSH!!

There were key injuries, Stephen Morrissey and Charles Rodriguez.

I love it. Didn't several TNFC "star" players quit Crush last year because they wanted to win state?

they didnt quit crush because they wanted to win a state tournament, they came to TNFC because they wanted to go to bigger and better tournaments, where they have better chance to get noticed. the state tournament was the first time the whole team has actually played together, the chemistry of the team just wasnt there this weekend. not taking anything away from crush, they came to play, congratulations crush! we will see you next year...

they didnt quit crush because they wanted to win a state tournament, they came to TNFC because they wanted to go to bigger and better tournaments, where they have better chance to get noticed. the state tournament was the first time the whole team has actually played together, the chemistry of the team just wasnt there this weekend. not taking anything away from crush, they came to play, congratulations crush! we will see you next year...

One of the best times to get noticed is at the Region tournament. I know the Arsenal have gone to both Raleigh and Disney over the years. Besides the Dallas Cup in the spring, what are some of the other bigger and better tournaments?

They left PSA to go to Knoxville the year before that for the same reason (and lost out to TNFC). Every team in the tournament has the same problem with high school soccer cutting into preparation time - Crush looked like the better team.

They left PSA to go to Knoxville the year before that for the same reason (and lost out to TNFC). Every team in the tournament has the same problem with high school soccer cutting into preparation time - Crush looked like the better team.

they might have looked like the better team, because they have been together for years, and yes i kno, so has TNFC, but this weekend, pretty much the whole line up was different, and the players werent really used to playing with each other, and that can hurt a team. again im not taking anything away from crush, we will show everyone who the better team is in premier league. ( that is not a cocky, or dis-respectul comment about the better team )

The Crush line up was a bit different this year also. I am not taking anything away from the new premier league, but I am glad not to be going up against Georgia, Florida, and Carolina next fall. This has been a big disadvantage to the teams in the east for a while.

Congrats to KFC Crush for sending 3 teams to regionals this year. Hopefully they will all have success. Look out for the u-17 Force girls , they should make some noise at regionals. Liverpool is making its second trip and the Arsenal is going for their first trip. Hopefully the draw will be kind.

The Crush line up was a bit different this year also. I am not taking anything away from the new premier league, but I am glad not to be going up against Georgia, Florida, and Carolina next fall. This has been a big disadvantage to the teams in the east for a while.

Congrats to KFC Crush for sending 3 teams to regionals this year. Hopefully they will all have success. Look out for the u-17 Force girls , they should make some noise at regionals. Liverpool is making its second trip and the Arsenal is going for their first trip. Hopefully the draw will be kind.

wow......the draw that kfc crush liverpool got is almost as kind as you can get. i just looked and the only challenge you guys should have is south texas. im looking for you guys to advace over mississippi and louisiana. good luck to you guys, represent TN well!

also, the chaos is talking about skipping high school ball next year so we can be more prepared for state(considering what high school did to us this year). i doubt the bga players will skip but the others are def. talking about it. are any other rising u16 teams thinking of that?